Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Get in! Podium spot from an all French team :rave:

Every single rider scored and Alaphilippe was immense. Well happy with that, aside from Rudy not making a single break.

Meanwhile... How's that GC top 5 looking Stat? Packed with 4 of your riders I presume? :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get in! Podium spot from an all French team :rave:

Every single rider scored and Alaphilippe was immense. Well happy with that, aside from Rudy not making a single break.

Meanwhile... How's that GC top 5 looking Stat? Packed with 4 of your riders I presume? :lolol:
Taking pride in being beaten by perennial relegation candidate Fignon's Ponytail - oh how the mighty have fallen :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Taking pride in being beaten by perennial relegation candidate Fignon's Ponytail - oh how the mighty have fallen :lol:

Well considering I made 4 out of the actual top 5 GC unavailable to myself, then yes, well proud of my one nation army :banana:

Talking of which, there's that 4 out of the top 5 question again :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well considering I made 4 out of the actual top 5 GC unavailable to myself, then yes, well proud of my one nation army :banana:

Talking of which, there's that 4 out of the top 5 question again :wink:
They're biding their time.

Patience is a virtue.

Jimmy Grimble

Hello cyclists. I'm looking for a bit of advice as am thinking of getting myself a bike.

I rarely cycle but when I do I quite enjoy it so would like to get into it a bit more. I'm looking at getting one for mostly leisure use, but could potentially use it to cycle to work sometimes.

I don't wanna spend too much but want something that is respectable. Any suggestions?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hello cyclists. I'm looking for a bit of advice as am thinking of getting myself a bike.

I rarely cycle but when I do I quite enjoy it so would like to get into it a bit more. I'm looking at getting one for mostly leisure use, but could potentially use it to cycle to work sometimes.

I don't wanna spend too much but want something that is respectable. Any suggestions?

As Moto says we're going to need a bit more, as at the moment it sounds like you'll be buying a garage warmer.

Budget?
How long is the commute?
On what terrain?
Will you be carrying stuff?
What sort of leisure use, popping to the pub or cycling just for the sake of it?
Do you have access to the 'cycle to work' scheme?

From what you've said so far, all I'd say is get a hybrid 'flat bar' bike which the wheels & tyres match the terrain you'll be riding, and don't be wowed by 'extras'.
With enough info we geeks can do better than that.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm an excited boy this morning.
My Wilier Izoard XP Sora has done me proud, but after 3 years, it's time for an upgrade. I loved the Izoard, loved the red/black colour, it looks a lot more than it costs. So keeping with the theme, I've gone and purchased a Wilier GTR SL Endurance geo Dura Ace. I'll be back in the UK next Monday so sadly nomore col a jour for me. But this should see me through the next 3 years.
Izoard XP to be sold on soon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My Wilier Izoard XP Sora has done me proud, but after 3 years, it's time for an upgrade. I loved the Izoard, loved the red/black colour, it looks a lot more than it costs. So keeping with the theme, I've gone and purchased a Wilier GTR SL Endurance geo Dura Ace. I'll be back in the UK next Monday so sadly nomore col a jour for me. But this should see me through the next 3 years.

Nice.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

I've got the Wilier GTR Veloce, love it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I feel like I have broken far too many rules this weekend, shamed my club, and the NSC geeks.
1. Bar tape is in shocking condition, scuffed, frayed and old looking.
2. My tyres don't match, I have a blue trimmed Rubino Pro on the front, a black Gatorskin on the back
3. My wheels don't match either.
4. I have a compact chainset 50/34, and because of the changed wheel have a 12-32 cassette on the back (effectively a granny gear without the triple!).
We stopped for a puncture on the club ride and Tom said he couldn't look at my bike for longer than 2 secs and was shamed by it. I took a step back and realised that if anyone from Bianchi saw me out, they might seek to confiscate the bike altogether!

That said, I have BLUE bar tape at the ready to match the frame. I have Ultegra shifters to put, and stick my 11-28 cassette back on, plus the other Rubino Pro (with matching blue trim to the frame and new bar tape). So all is not lost....

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I feel like I have broken far too many rules this weekend, shamed my club, and the NSC geeks.
1. Bar tape is in shocking condition, scuffed, frayed and old looking.
2. My tyres don't match, I have a blue trimmed Rubino Pro on the front, a black Gatorskin on the back
3. My wheels don't match either.
4. I have a compact chainset 50/34, and because of the changed wheel have a 12-32 cassette on the back (effectively a granny gear without the triple!).
We stopped for a puncture on the club ride and Tom said he couldn't look at my bike for longer than 2 secs and was shamed by it. I took a step back and realised that if anyone from Bianchi saw me out, they might seek to confiscate the bike altogether!

That said, I have BLUE bar tape at the ready to match the frame. I have Ultegra shifters to put, and stick my 11-28 cassette back on, plus the other Rubino Pro (with matching blue trim to the frame and new bar tape). So all is not lost....

Blimey you're brave. :eek: waits bollocking from Stat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So all is not lost....
Listen to yourself man...

Not all lost...NOT ALL LOST!!!

- Blue bar tape.
- Fishing tackle shifters
- Compact fishing tackle cassette.
- Blue walled tyres.

AND YOU THINK THAT'S GOING TO MAKE EVERYTHING ALRIGHT ON YOUR

BIANCHI

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Listen to yourself man...

Not all lost...NOT ALL LOST!!!

- Blue bar tape.
- Fishing tackle shifters
- Compact fishing tackle cassette.
- Blue walled tyres.

AND YOU THINK THAT'S GOING TO MAKE EVERYTHING ALRIGHT ON YOUR

BIANCHI

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Its BLUE*, they made the bloody thing!

*they saw the light.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tell me this frame isn't going to look good with blue bar tape, and Rubion Pro blue wheels?
c2c_infinito_ultegra_blu_Y0.jpg

vittoria-rubino-pro-tyre-black-blue-EV151204-8550-2.jpg

BTSMGL_P1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched the last 20kms of the Tour of Switzerland, I'm loving the new live telemetry.
Sure it is all but meaningless but it's still nice to see what is effectively a Garmin read out on screen.

That coupled with the introduction of live 'bike-cam' seems to be bringing the pro tour bang up to date.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I've now chosen my bike and will post a picture when I've picked it up, it's a beast. Took everyone's advise and tried 6 bikes and am happy with my buy.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've now chosen my bike and will post a picture when I've picked it up, it's a beast. Took everyone's advise and tried 6 bikes and am happy with my buy.

Ooh, you tease.
[MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], you've gotta be pretty cool to have different wheels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here