Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Quick reminder for anyone doing the fantasy league...Brabantse Pijl tomorrow.

Pretty much a whole team change around required as we head down towards The Ardennes ready for Amstel Gold at the weekend.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kept an eye on a Dutch live ticker of Brabantse Pijl today and watched the last 20 odd km live.

Nice racing. Good to see Weening do his usual thing, although it didn't stick, but result will do for me. Vakoc is a real talent I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kept an eye on a Dutch live ticker of Brabantse Pijl today and watched the last 20 odd km live.

Nice racing. Good to see Weening do his usual thing, although it didn't stick, but result will do for me. Vakoc is a real talent I think.
I caught the last 10kms, I was surprised Gallopin couldn't hold that speed, he was one of my main hopes for Ardennes.

It was nice to see a race involving Brain Cock'ard, I've rather missed him since the Champs-Élysées.

Vakoc's attack looked very 'Central European'.
Straight out of the Sagan, and obviously to a lesser extent Stybar, book of "I'm just going to ride balls out to the line or till someone overtakes".
Not a lot of finesse and just the way it should be,

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I caught the last 10kms, I was surprised Gallopin couldn't hold that speed, he was one of my main hopes for Ardennes.

It was nice to see a race involving Brain Cock'ard, I've rather missed him since the Champs-Élysées.

Vakoc's attack looked very 'Central European'.
Straight out of the Sagan, and obviously to a lesser extent Stybar, book of "I'm just going to ride balls out to the line or till someone overtakes".
Not a lot of finesse and just the way it should be,

Gallopin is still not fully recovered from illness that saw him DNF in Basque country I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gallopin is still not fully recovered from illness that saw him DNF in Basque country I think.
Ah that'll explain it, the Basque country rather passed me by.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If some big numbers aren't posted on Strava today someone ought to sit the Geeks down, and give them a good talking too.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Oh dear, I've got gardening and bike cleaning planned for today. Looks like I'll be in trouble later.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey people, isn't anyone going to point out the flaw in my reprimand?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been out, so didn't see your reprimand until now.

But I have no clue what you are talking about.

:shrug:
Just bibbling on, pointing the finger at everybody else to deflect away from the fact that I wasn't riding.

Opening my curtains this morning to see a cloudless sky and not a breath of wind was somewhat depressing.
I have been cycling vicariously today. :down:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just bibbling on, pointing the finger at everybody else to deflect away from the fact that I wasn't riding.

Opening my curtains this morning to see a cloudless sky and not a breath of wind was somewhat depressing.
I have been cycling vicariously today. :down:

Lazy b'stard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lazy b'stard.
Yeah, I'll have to make up for it on Tuesday, when, according to the beeb, it'll be black cloud.

Anyway great to see you piling into the miles.
On my 'dashboard' it looks like Hassock/HHP had some kind of magnetic pull on bikes today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hmm Amstel gold all a bit of an anti climax again. Much worse since they moved the finish to fit in the grandstands.

Yep, was a bit rubbish wasn't it? Hopefully Fleche Wallonne will be a bit more interesting, though not holding my breath on that one either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here