[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder if bookies do breakaway bets? I knew almost for a fact that WESLEY Kreder would be in the break today, having watched MICHAEL Kreder in the break yesterday at Limberg. Roompot will always seek to get someone in the break and pretty much take it in turns I expect. Transfers limits held me back from swapping him in today for fantasy team.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
FFS!!! BMC just took 5 of themselves out in one hit :facepalm: And yes, GVA is one of them :nono:

Edit: And that's game over for GVA, looks like could be collarbone.

Absolutely gutting for him as he's in the best form of his life. Missed E3 because of a bug as well.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a race that was! Epic pretty much covers it I'd say.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A Top Ten finish in fantasy RVV for our very own Motogull!

Chapeau!

Loads of transfers left too I see. The geeks league is there for the taking if you transfer wisely going into The Ardennes.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A Top Ten finish in fantasy RVV for our very own Motogull!

Chapeau!

Loads of transfers left too I see. The geeks league is there for the taking if you transfer wisely going into The Ardennes.

Thank you 10. Very kind of you. It was a complete fluke though. Its all downhill from here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fantastic race.
Monster rides by Pete & Liz.

Some of the aerial shots were spectacular, esp approaching key turns.

I think fantasy Team Stat has it's own wing in A&E tonight. :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Qhubeka

max effort.jpg

Or Team Sky

marginal.jpg

:lolol:

As much as I love Sky's attention to detail (and budget) sometimes it's just best to keep things simple.

----

A good Wanty report:-

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wan...ne-demoitie-with-aggressive-tour-of-flanders/

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Very funny, but the top is likely Tyler Farrar (117th place) and the bottom is Rowe (5th)!!

I think the bottom one belongs to G.

Those numbers represent points in the race where he's likely to fall off and need assistance.

White = possibly.
Black = likely.
Red = almost certain.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I think the bottom one belongs to G.

Those numbers represent points in the race where he's likely to fall off and need assistance.

White = possibly.
Black = likely.
Red = almost certain.

I think the name on the top tube probably gives it away!

Can't predict where G will fall off, just that he will.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think the name on the top tube probably gives it away!

Can't predict where G will fall off, just that he will.

Nope, G has borrowed Rowe's bike because his own is still in a ditch somewhere.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Hi again

I wrote a couple of week back as a refugee from the NSC running thread who was looking for some tips to improve my cycling to help with my 2nd duathlon. Well I did the duathlon (run/bike/run) yesterday at Goodwood and can report that it was...............a total disaster. Not that this was due to any tips (which were gratefully received) but because I somehow contrived to ride off on someone else's bike as I came out of transition. Not only did I pick up the wrong bike (and helmet) but cycled off for a few hundred metres before realising it! This is possibly the most stupid thing that anyone could do and worse still I had to cycle back to return the bike (and helmet) to its rightful - and female - owner who was very decent about it.
I think I'll stick to running.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Forgive me for laughing GNT but as cock-ups go, that's pretty impressive.
Please save some face by telling us they were identical make model colour bikes.
Although obviously, in an ideal world, I'd prefer them to be different in every way.

Tonight was the first night of jnrs track season.
9 kids, 10-16, which I think is pretty good all things considered.
There were 2 new (to the meeting) girls racing who were very impressive and plenty strong enough to hold their own.
The levels of 'professionalism' is still raising my eyebrows.
Lots of carbon, Treks, Focus and Spech Tarmac, not to mention the brothers who got rollers out of the minivan.

As usual a good night of supportive quality races.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Hi again

I wrote a couple of week back as a refugee from the NSC running thread who was looking for some tips to improve my cycling to help with my 2nd duathlon. Well I did the duathlon (run/bike/run) yesterday at Goodwood and can report that it was...............a total disaster. Not that this was due to any tips (which were gratefully received) but because I somehow contrived to ride off on someone else's bike as I came out of transition. Not only did I pick up the wrong bike (and helmet) but cycled off for a few hundred metres before realising it! This is possibly the most stupid thing that anyone could do and worse still I had to cycle back to return the bike (and helmet) to its rightful - and female - owner who was very decent about it.
I think I'll stick to running.
That is good stuff! Especially that you got several hundred metres - definitely not a cyclist yet, most of us would notice within pedal strokes if someone put our seat down by 5mm! The helmet as well!

Another tip - get a very garish/disgustingly coloured towel to lay down at your transition to make identification easier.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
IL and Stat - agreed!

You are going to find this beyond belief as proper cyclists but the bike I took was:

a) racked about 10 metres away from my own

b) a totally different model, make, colour - as was the helmet

But it was the right size, had the same clips on the pedals and the helmet fitted perfectly.

As I rode off I was thinking that

1. the gears seemed a bit odd (but the same change mechanism) and (wait for it)
2. that some ******* must have stolen the computer (£5 from Lidl by the way) on my handlebars!

To be honest I think the phrase '£5 from Lidl' just about sums up my professionalism as a cyclist.

Even sadder was the transition was in the pit lane of the motor racing circuit and I very consciously made a mental note of the numbered bay where I put my bike as I knew I'd be a bit disorientated coming in from the first run. It was between numbers 12 and 14 and I wondered why it wasn't marked up as 13. Then of course I realised that racing drivers might be a bit nervous about 13!

Anyway - I'm going to enter another event now to get this one out of my system .....................and a garish towel is at the top of my list of things to take (along with 'brain').

Cheers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports