Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's only one other I can think of, that being putting your left hand/arm across your back when overtaking a slower rider/parked car.

But as PM says the most important thing is to stuff your face and then pockets with food.
You've got to get your money's worth.

When you get to professional levels you'll be able to do that without stopping. :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Massive. Effing. Piss. Flaps.

Just been out to remove and clean the wheel for its truing. Noticed a loose spoke and then spotted a quite big hole in the wheel where it is supposed to sit.

Looking at LBSs, the 'value' wheels are about £80 and the 'finest/extra special' ones start at about £200. I've only got an entry level bike; what do I do?

Worth a look on bike radar classified forum don't forget.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Worth a look on bike radar classified forum don't forget.

Aye. That place came up trumps when I got my 200. The fella was only about 7 miles away. Bet I'd never get that lucky again.

I 'could' mothball the synapse and make a cheeky offer for my brother-in-law's bike again...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sanctuary

Quick [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], you lock the door and I'll secure the windows.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I like the bit about..."tinkering at the edges, not making wholesale changes"

Clearly he's never embarked on a spot of gear fettling and seen where it led when all that was 'wrong' in the first place was one tiny skip and a jump in just one gear :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those of you looking for an incentive to ride through the winter, when it finally arrives.

http://puncheur.co.uk/

is now open for business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have my incentive. And it ain't a sportive in February!

I won't be doing the Puncheur this year - too many icy, windy, rainy experiences of it in the past.
That's strange I remember it as a gorgeous spring, almost summer, like day.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's strange I remember it as a gorgeous spring, almost summer, like day.

Is it earlier next year? I'm sure it was March in previous years. Bloody freezing when I did it in 2013. Loved it though. It's a great route, and a good atmosphere, liked the hot food at the end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it earlier next year? I'm sure it was March in previous years. Bloody freezing when I did it in 2013. Loved it though. It's a great route, and a good atmosphere, liked the hot food at the end.
It was March the 8th last year, and almost tropical.

I had to top up on sunblock and was drinking Caribbean cocktails all the way round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I like the way it says not very hilly, but over 5500 ft of climbing ???
You passed me today, as you lead through the white gate with the Seaview pub opposite in East Preston.

Still a crazy route.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You passed me today, as you lead through the white gate with the Seaview pub opposite in East Preston.
Hopefully I gave you a little wave :) and yes it's like the crystal maze. :mad:
No I was working, you didn't see me as you'd just gone passed as I was coming out of the house.

I did have a chuckle at you even cycling down that non-road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here