Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought he'd mentioned changing the date to the 22nd March which I said I couldn't make due to work ???

Gotcha.

I think this is just a suggestion - a bit too close to now to truly organise anything, I'd've thought. Over to you, [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION].

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, it was excellent. A long hot summer is on the way. Plenty more opportunities, let's make it happen.

But not at [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] speed...
If we keep coming West do you think he'll eventually get the hint.

Oh and yes was a great day out, we ought to try and get at least 3 rides in between spring and autumn.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, it was excellent. A long hot summer is on the way. Plenty more opportunities, let's make it happen.

But not at [MENTION=17085]armchairclubber[/MENTION] speed...

Now you see what I was talking about last night regarding armchairclubber :lol:

Looks like a March geeks meet up isn't going to happen then. Shame, as Spring or Autumn would be much more preferable for me than a hot Summer ride.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am meeting Hamilton at the pier at 8.30 on Saturday morning if anyone wants to make a spontaneous event happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am meeting Hamilton at the pier at 8.30 on Saturday morning if anyone wants to make a spontaneous event happen.
He probably won't show up, you know what he's like :rolleyes:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Ha ! Thanks Chaps.

Quite relieved myself about the postponement from 28th, wasn't going to be a great weekend for me work wise and also toying with the idea of joining some of the Casuals on a Velopace Sportive from Herstmonceux on the 29th. Could give that a go as never done one before but you don't have to pay £25 for a Geeks ride (as yet !)

Explored some new lanes today and they look mighty fine for riding without too many of our 4 wheeled friends, hope to check out East Chiltington area some more, see some of you have on Strava, nice area for a leisurely Geeks ride.

Edit : Yes that's EAST Chiltington Stat !

Just had an odd one. Bike is indoors at the moment due to dodgy lock on shed. On Tuesday I changed the inner tube on my rear wheel as it had a puncture, and pumped it up to near max pressure, about 140 psi.

Walk into room where bike is this evening to hang up some washing and BANG, inner tube on that wheel just explodes. It's still off the bike, so no pressure on it. I assume that it's due to the change in temperature (little one in the house so heating is on a lot, and warm) but still rather caught me by surprise!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a quick heads up that the Strade Bianche is on Eurosport tomorrow afternoon.
It's usually good fun racing.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Just a quick heads up that the Strade Bianche is on Eurosport tomorrow afternoon.
It's usually good fun racing.

I should have the house to myself with Eurospurt on, but oh no, someone has to play the x-box rather than go outside and enjoy the clement weather.

Anyway, had a solo ride this morning so went back up the slopes. Still a lot of wet mud around, so did a bit of up and down on second choice hill. Does not do your average mph any good.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Looking good this lead group. Well apart from Sagan, that Slovak national champs jersey is :sick:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lovely stuff. What a finish. Catch the highlights if you have not seen it live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here