Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Indeed great result for the young lad. Shame about his bro though. Luckily there wasn't a book available for this one as I was going to lump on large on the broken collar boned one! Would have been a fantastic one two move had they both been up there.

Funnily enough PP had a book up for the stage last night. Kudus & Dyachenko were the short odds favourites, the brothers both around 18's I think. What stopped me having some of them, apart from being crap at picking winners at the mo, was that I'm still confused as to which twin is which :blush: Both can climb well, I know, but one is slightly more pure climber whilst the other is a bit punchier I think. What I do know is that both lads would appear to have a very bright future ahead of them and Greenedge have pulled a blinder in getting them on board. The massive step up to WT races doesn't seem to be phasing them at all. Mini 1066 (f) has Simon's autograph from ToB and swoons over them a bit :lol: I hope he's ok today following his collarbone injury and DNF.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Heading out on the De Rosa for the commute tomorrow. I'm expecting to be at least 3mph quicker on average.

Well, its was about half a mph quicker!!

Seriously though, what a difference - can't believe how much smoother everything is..and quiet. When I change gear, I can't even hear the rear mech and chain clunking around onto the cog....and nothing creaks....and the chain doesn't rub on the front mech every time I get out of the saddle....and I can adjust my saddle height........

I could go on!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, its was about half a mph quicker!!

Seriously though, what a difference - can't believe how much smoother everything is..and quiet. When I change gear, I can't even hear the rear mech and chain clunking around onto the cog....and nothing creaks....and the chain doesn't rub on the front mech every time I get out of the saddle....and I can adjust my saddle height........

I could go on!
Safe to say it went well.

What the hell were you riding?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Safe to say it went well.

What the hell were you riding?

Previously riding a 16 year old bike with knackered 9 speed campag.

It didn't go so well on the way home:

Got my first puncture in years, but I swiftly swapped over the tubes and then realised I had swapped the saddle bag onto the new bike but not the pump....

"Mmm, just have to phone the wife", I thought. Phone out.... No signal. So I rode for about 20 minutes on the flat until I could flag down a helpful passing cyclist!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey [MENTION=16720]Indurain's Lungs[/MENTION], that is Sod's Law in full effect. I saw a bloke walking (in cleats) his bike where he needn't the other day. I'd most probably panic if that was my only option. I've heard that some riders take flip-flops out, just in case. Sod that. Did you damage your tyre or wheel though?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Blimey [MENTION=16720]Indurain's Lungs[/MENTION], that is Sod's Law in full effect. I saw a bloke walking (in cleats) his bike where he needn't the other day. I'd most probably panic if that was my only option. I've heard that some riders take flip-flops out, just in case. Sod that. Did you damage your tyre or wheel though?

Think I got away with it, which surprised me as I could feel the bump from the valve on every wheel turn!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Hate to say it but riding for 20 Mins on a flat is not going to do the wheel any good, particularly if it's the rear. Get it serviced by a decent wheelbuilder or you may find you get quite a few more p******** and/or a series of broken spokes...

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Hate to say it but riding for 20 Mins on a flat is not going to do the wheel any good, particularly if it's the rear. Get it serviced by a decent wheelbuilder or you may find you get quite a few more p********

Yes, not ideal but it's still true and the tyre seems to have taken the brunt rather than the rim itself!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hate to say it but riding for 20 Mins on a flat is not going to do the wheel any good, particularly if it's the rear. Get it serviced by a decent wheelbuilder or you may find you get quite a few more p********

I'd be interested to know how you spelled punctures! There must be some sort of anagram going on...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's more the increased/different forces the wheel and spokes when ridden flat, rather than specific damage to the rim. You may have got away with it though!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
It's more the increased/different forces the wheel and spokes when ridden flat, rather than specific damage to the rim. You may have got away with it though!

I'll give it the once over before I head out again, just to be sure. Should be fine though as it's still true.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, I wasn't expecting Dan Martin to be 33/1 for the Giro.

Sure Quintana is the favourite, but not an odd on favourite.
There's even e/w Cadel value at 10/1.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This cycling season just gets better and better!

If you haven't checked out any of today's highlights from Turkey & Romandie then make sure you do - you won't regret it! :thumbsup:

Eurosport have Turkey highlight show on at 9.30pm.

Good Romandie highlights here:

[yt]rEKy83DuEw4[/yt]

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
This cycling season just gets better and better!

If you haven't checked out any of today's highlights from Turkey & Romandie then make sure you do - you won't regret it! :thumbsup:

Eurosport have Turkey highlight show on at 9.30pm.

Good Romandie highlights here:

[yt]rEKy83DuEw4[/yt]

Just saw Turkey on youtube, great ride by Yates.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just saw Turkey on youtube, great ride by Yates.

Wasn't it just! One second in it in the end and a celebration on the line to boot :)

As we've said before on here, it looks like a very bright future awaits these talented twins. Great to see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing new said, but I do feel the need to highlight the appalling capage on the podium.

[video=vimeo;93643098]http://vimeo.com/93643098[/video]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Smart decision by the Twins to join OGE.

Less pressure on them being labelled the next big things when in a foreign team.

A good point. Not being at Sky as the step up to a WT team means they should fly under the radar a bit of the mainstream media at least.
I'm piling on the pressure already however :) I've had my hopes raised and expecting big things to come for these two

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here