NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Twitter is enjoying Kittel's bike throw today:-

[tweet]444144885906829312[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It was nice to be reminded of Tony Martin's epic ride, last season.

I watched the sprint many many times before I even spotted Cav, and even then I'm not sure.
Not the most committed ride by him.
Not the greatest leader jersey by the organisers.

Having a 4 man chain in the final km and still stuffing it up doesn't look good for Demare.

On the positive side, young Sam Bennett has made a very promising start to his first year in the WT peloton. :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At last, some decent odds up for Paris-Nice.

Tony Gallopin 100/1 for GC and 66/1 for tomorrow's stage.

I know Betancur and Thomas are looking good, and Nibs might fancy tomorrows stage too, not to mention the likes of Kelderman, Slagter, Costa & Stybar, but I can't help having a sneaking feeling Gallopin is up for this tomorrow and that it suits him.

£1 e/w on the 100/1 already put on, but sorely tempted to really go for it and put the £20 free bet on e/w for the stage tomorrow. Not sure where else I'm going to use it before the first week in April as odds are so short on so many riders.

Pantani take note. Bet365 are giving 200/1 and 80/1 on the above. Not that my tipping in Paris Nice has been any good so far mind you.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
At last, some decent odds up for Paris-Nice.

Tony Gallopin 100/1 for GC and 66/1 for tomorrow's stage.

I know Betancur and Thomas are looking good, and Nibs might fancy tomorrows stage too, not to mention the likes of Kelderman, Slagter, Costa & Stybar, but I can't help having a sneaking feeling Gallopin is up for this tomorrow and that it suits him.

£1 e/w on the 100/1 already put on, but sorely tempted to really go for it and put the £20 free bet on e/w for the stage tomorrow. Not sure where else I'm going to use it before the first week in April as odds are so short on so many riders.

Pantani take note. Bet365 are giving 200/1 and 80/1 on the above. Not that my tipping in Paris Nice has been any good so far mind you.

200-1 on Gallopin? Think the finish is a bit too steep for him today, I'm expecting Betancur or Slagter to take it, might have a piece of Kelderman though.

In fantasy cycling related news, their website is having all sorts of problems, so I cannot make my transfers this morning. This could be a full cycling geeks flounce if they keep going like this!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
200-1 on Gallopin? Think the finish is a bit too steep for him today, I'm expecting Betancur or Slagter to take it, might have a piece of Kelderman though.

In fantasy cycling related news, their website is having all sorts of problems, so I cannot make my transfers this morning. This could be a full cycling geeks flounce if they keep going like this!

If Slagter and Kelderman are there at the finish then they are a good shout, but will the distance find them out? No such worries for Betancur or Nibs who should be favourites. Just have a good feeling on Gallopin as outsider as the climbs or distance won't trouble him, but probably needs a gap going into the little cat 2 finish. He's said he's targeting this stage too.
Only £ 1 e/w on as wasn't given the option to use the £20 free bet.
50p e/w on Kwia, Bennett & Colbrelli for today's TA.
Hate to say I told you so on fantasy cycling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

:clap: yay if everyone leaves I might come second :down:

I fancied Wilco a few days ago, but naturally was a little miffed to miss out on Jungles.
That odd thing happened with Slagter, the day before he won.
I kept looking at his name but ignored it, c'est la vie.

Renshaw and Petachi got caught up with Kittel's crash, explaining Cav's none contest.
Kittel posted an apology for throwing his bike!!!.
Sponsorship money is a powerful thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And now this:-

[tweet]444379479511937024[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody fog.

Today was all planned out.

Diet Bacon and Egg McMuffins.
Dog walk.
Sainsburys shopping.
Haircut.
Ride out to Goodwood.
Find the intermittent clicking on my bike.

Happy days.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Off to the London velodrome today, where I hope fog will play no part in the proceedings, I plan to wear my Bonjour, Bonjour we are the Brighton Boys T-Shirt, I'll give all you computor cycling watching NSChatters a wave.

Happy Days

https://www.youtube.com/user/FACECycling

http://www.cyclingrevolution.com

May have to invest a few pounds into this T-shirt for Saturday as well..

Attachments

• Rou 11.jpg
    Rou 11.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 72

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
hmmfftttt

I resigned myself to not going out for a spin.
Now the fog finally seems to be lifting after I've stuffed my fat little face, and still need to waddle down to the hairdressers.

I could just lay on the sofa and watch cycling, that's the same as going out, right?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
None of that surprises me. They've got too big for their own boots if you ask me. Have to say, I'm enjoying watching the racing more than ever now I don't have to pick a team. Mind you, helps that we've just had two absolutely brilliant weekends on the trot.;
Four races that could not have been better if they tried. Loving it!

Well it's only been a few days, but I totally get where you are coming from. Paris Nice has been brilliant, and I've dipped into Tirreno Adriatico...no stress, no care in the world! Unlike you, I don't even bet, so it really doesn't bother me who wins.

Come on G!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well it's only been a few days, but I totally get where you are coming from. Paris Nice has been brilliant, and I've dipped into Tirreno Adriatico...no stress, no care in the world! Unlike you, I don't even bet, so it really doesn't bother me who wins.

Come on G!

Yep, seems to chill you right out not having a fantasy team in. I just don't get as intense over results anymore, even with bets riding. Something odd about how competitive and obsessive a mere fantasy game can become. I think that's what Horton was hinting at right from the off and the reason he never did join in.

Just finished watching Tirreno Adriatico highlights and also watched Paris Nice highlights earlier too - all without knowing the results beforehand. Only Kwiatowski came in for me bet wise (odds too short on favourites Sagan and Bentancur), but I enjoyed the racing no end and quite pleased with Gallopin's showing in the end, on a finish that was steeper than I'd bargained for. Good ride by G too to hang in there and only lose a few seconds to a Betancur in good early form on parcours perfectly suited to him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

After I saw them go over the finish on the first circuit round I thought, oops Gallopin could struggle here. I'd underestimated how steep it was. A tad Fléche Wallone about it. Always going to be Bentancurs to lose. I was really pleased with how well Gallopin rode it in the end though, all things considered. Was clearly up for it but really needed to be in one of the last few attacks and make it stick to have a real chance. Slagter and Kelderman both had mechanicals when it mattered most I see, so very unlucky, otherwise they would have been in with a good shout.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Text and book:-

I'll be doing that to jnr at our second sportive, tomorrow.

That'll be tomorrow, in the sunshine, with a light breeze, and not a cloud in the sky!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get the victories in while you can matey.

Anyway, great finishes in both Eurospurt covered racing today.

In other news, my nuts are freaking me out a bit.

So what's the deal with your cobblers?

Oh and at this point this thread would be worthless WITH pictures.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Do they visit my abdomen or is it in my mind?

7 miles in and chest is aching. Hopefully last of the Man 'Flu.

12 miles in and I get uncomfortable. You know what its like, think about your pods and they decide to ache. Wasn't going to stop and check but it put me off my stride big time and took some fun out of a lovely ride. Its gonna be playing on mind next time no question.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Do they visit my abdomen or is it in my mind?

7 miles in and chest is aching. Hopefully last of the Man 'Flu.

12 miles in and I get uncomfortable. You know what its like, think about your pods and they decide to ache. Wasn't going to stop and check but it put me off my stride big time and took some fun out of a lovely ride. Its gonna be playing on mind next time no question.

Not quite a load of old cobblers like you mention, but an observation from when I first started riding the bike I have now.

Sometimes, when I would go back down onto the saddle after being up out of it to push hard over a small incline (I don't mean going mentals uphill, as if!, just pushing a bigger gear to cruise over an incline rather than drop down the gears) I would get a sensation as if I was going to pee. Like I was pressing on something. I never did pee and the feeling would go again straight away, but it was a bit disconcerting nonetheless. Cue SB to give us a biology class with one of his medical diagrams?

I don't get that sensation anymore. Perhaps it was just teething problems on the saddle, although from day one it's always felt comfortable as saddles go. I have a Selle Italia Flite thanks to a recommendation from Glanders and it seems to fit me like a glove.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah, but I've gone loads of miles on the same saddle with a single 'MIA' before this.

Really shouldn't have gone googling:

you may have an inguinal hernia..

Chronic situations need medical attention because there is something abnormal about the situation, requiring intervention.

Super, smashin'.

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here