Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also if you watch a rerun keep an eye out for Meersman's crash 10km out and blatant tow from the OPQS team car, it goes on for about 5km minimum. He will be getting a time deduction hopefully, as it was so blatant.
Comedy gold from Meersman and OPQS.

Lovely technique charging past the other fallers.
Getting Cofidis involved, brilliant.
Just as I was bemoaning him not taking a tow from the referees car.
He got a hand sling, in front of them. Legendary :bowdown:.

You've gotta admire the pointless nature of the exercise. :lolol:

What the hell did GreenEdge have on their heads?
As you say Andy S more comedy gold?

I think I'll be paying a lot more attention to P-N, now.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Comedy gold from Meersman and OPQS.

Lovely technique charging past the other fallers.
Getting Cofidis involved, brilliant.
Just as I was bemoaning him not taking a tow from the referees car.
He got a hand sling, in front of them. Legendary :bowdown:.

You've gotta admire the pointless nature of the exercise. :lolol:

What the hell did GreenEdge have on their heads?
As you say Andy S more comedy gold?

I think I'll be paying a lot more attention to P-N, now.

Andy is on an upward curve, today he finished 152nd :lolol:

Meersman came in 18 seconds down in the end. Frankly he should be given the time of the other fallers 5:28 down.

Note Eddy Boss fell yet still manged to beat Andy by well over a minute.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andy is on an upward curve, today he finished 152nd :lolol:

Meersman came in 18 seconds down in the end. Frankly he should be given the time of the other fallers 5:28 down.

Note Eddy Boss fell yet still manged to beat Andy by well over a minute.

Definitely net gain:-

[tweet]443088824022077440[/tweet]

:lol:

[tweet]443045812843864064[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
...Today's stage has no real value, Bouhanni and Degenkolb are both 5-2, Coquard now out to 15-1, may have a piece of that for stage 3 which finishes on the Magny-Cours motor racing circuit, should suit him.

Coquard was still 10/1 on Paddy Power as of last night for today's stage. Glad I didn't bother. But I agree, stage 3 could be for him, so I'll see what the odds are when they finally go up tonight and hopefully have some of that too.

ANDY SCHLECK WATCH

I nearly forgot this in all the excitement at the weekend. Stage 1 Paris Nice, our hero Andy fought bravely against cross winds, crashes and a split in the bunch to finish an amazing seventeen and a half minutes ahead of Geoffrey Soupe on the day. He is still in with a shout at a mere 2:00 minutes down on the GC, I'm sure once we hit the mountains he will catch up the lost time :facepalm:

He also managed to get a 200 franc fine for not sticking to the course.

Well on course for that podium spot come the third week in July then :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
These bookies need to get a grip on cycling betting. This late in the night and there's still no Tirreno Adriatico odds up anywhere that I can see, and certainly none with the two bookies I use. To make things worse, Paddy Power don't have anything up at all for Paris-Nice now either :rant: William Hill I'm not surprised about as they were always pretty rubbish, but Paddy Power have turned into a real disappointment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The one thing I forgot in my run down of Stage 2, was to slate Tyler Farrar.

How the hell is he still earning a living as a sprinter and a cyclist?

But he is 40/1 for Milan San Remo :dunce:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The one thing I forgot in my run down of Stage 2, was to slate Tyler Farrar.

How the hell is he still earning a living as a sprinter and a cyclist?

But he is 40/1 for Milan San Remo :dunce:

Because he's in league with the devil...

...and Matthew Harley Goss :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
These bookies need to get a grip on cycling betting. This late in the night and there's still no Tirreno Adriatico odds up anywhere that I can see, and certainly none with the two bookies I use. To make things worse, Paddy Power don't have anything up at all for Paris-Nice now either :rant: William Hill I'm not surprised about as they were always pretty rubbish, but Paddy Power have turned into a real disappointment.

Bet 365, seem to be offering the most races this season, and often the best odds. For Tirreno I'm liking the looks of Uran at 18-1 and Pozzovivo at 25-1 both of those will be small stakes e/w. I think Kwiatowski will go well again but he is 5-2, which is way too short for a six stage race when so much could go wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2+2=5

Can Meersman go up hill?

His palmares are a bit too Belgiumey to read.

Yesterday's motor pacing would imply he's a rider with more at stake than the odd 'sprint' point.

He's only 21 seconds back.

But Skybet have him at 100/1 for the victory.
Clearly if he can't go up that's fair enough, if not a little tight.
But if he has even a whiff of mountain goat, in him, that's got to be a steal.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
2+2=5

Can Meersman go up hill?

His palmares are a bit too Belgiumey to read.

Yesterday's motor pacing would imply he's a rider with more at stake than the odd 'sprint' point.

He's only 21 seconds back.

But Skybet have him at 100/1 for the victory.
Clearly if he can't go up that's fair enough, if not a little tight.
But if he has even a whiff of mountain goat, in him, that's got to be a steal.

100-1 sounds a bit short considering this...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gallopin would be my preferred bet for paris nice podium now. Unfortunately PP are now taking the mick - no GC betting available, only todays stage, and they have Coquard at 5/1. No chance I'm taking that price!
Shame to hear of Kwias price for TA. If Roma Maxima is anything to go by then Pozzovivo might be worth a small gamble at that price. Big ask though I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watching today's Paris Nice I was struck by how 'Sussex' that region of France looked.

After a tiny amount of thought I decided it was because it's March and not scorched July.
But nevertheless it all looked very pleasant.

No spoilers but I'm kicking myself for not highlight the obvious reason why today's winner would win.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to flounce out of the Fantasy League.

It had always automatically logged me in - remembering my log in details, but then yesterday, when I went to the site to pick my team for stage 3 of Paris-Nice (which I was leading...incidentally...) it did not recognise my password. I did the old "Forgot my Password" bit, but have received no communication from Road CC, so STILL cannot log in.

Frankly, I can't be bothered if they can't be bothered. Sod 'em, I'll watch my cycling without the added stress from now on.

:flounce:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well, it looks like I'm going to have to flounce out of the Fantasy League.

It had always automatically logged me in - remembering my log in details, but then yesterday, when I went to the site to pick my team for stage 3 of Paris-Nice (which I was leading...incidentally...) it did not recognise my password. I did the old "Forgot my Password" bit, but have received no communication from Road CC, so STILL cannot log in.

Frankly, I can't be bothered if they can't be bothered. Sod 'em, I'll watch my cycling without the added stress from now on.

:flounce:
None of that surprises me. They've got too big for their own boots if you ask me. Have to say, I'm enjoying watching the racing more than ever now I don't have to pick a team. Mind you, helps that we've just had two absolutely brilliant weekends on the trot.;
Four races that could not have been better if they tried. Loving it!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone watching Tirenno? Can Alex Dowsett hold on? Probably not, but it is a brave try nevertheless.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Looks like he can't!

Nowhere near in the end, was it? I'm getting a bit worried about Cav now, not winning is one thing but he is not even trying quite often. He was on Greipel's wheel at one point, and just let it go. Needs to up his game and soon.

Having just watched it again, Cav was level (maybe just behind Pelucchi) with 300m to go and he just did not bother. Three years ago he would have fought through that gap and found a way to win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was nice to be reminded of Tony Martin's epic ride, last season.

I watched the sprint many many times before I even spotted Cav, and even then I'm not sure.
Not the most committed ride by him.
Not the greatest leader jersey by the organisers.

Having a 4 man chain in the final km and still stuffing it up doesn't look good for Demare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here