Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Thanks for the link PM.

Rollers must be for the gifted or lobotomised. I'd be A&E bound in seconds.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Here you go Pogue

I was just reading this http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12953366 with you in mind and clicked on the link

OK Stat...just off the bike. A few observations.

1. Bloody hell!
2. Bloody hell...
3. There are some bloody nice bikes in that video.
4. There are some bloody nice houses in that video.
5. I would like to move there - then I wouldn't need this bloody turbo.
6. It does make the time go more quickly.
7. It is definitely more efficient as a training tool.
8. You are a bloody sadist!

But, honestly, thanks a lot Stat. Really helpful, and I think I am going to 'enjoy' the TT a little more than I otherwise would have done.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sky's new skin suit. :eek:

Please let the full kit wankers get their hands on these. It's almost as if this has been designed so that they look even more ridiculous.

Are you getting one, [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Please let the full kit wankers get their hands on these. It's almost as if this has been designed so that they look even more ridiculous.

Here is the pic:

1388748568594-1wsn56iemyybz-280-80.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

That is me in the picture!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK Stat...just off the bike. A few observations.

1. Bloody hell!
2. Bloody hell...
3. There are some bloody nice bikes in that video.
4. There are some bloody nice houses in that video.
5. I would like to move there - then I wouldn't need this bloody turbo.
6. It does make the time go more quickly.
7. It is definitely more efficient as a training tool.
8. You are a bloody sadist!

But, honestly, thanks a lot Stat. Really helpful, and I think I am going to 'enjoy' the TT a little more than I otherwise would have done.
Nothing to do with me, I just looked at it for 30 secs just to make sure it was what I thought it was, that being a 'sufferfest' style trainer.

I think the one I did ONCE was a velodrome one, if only I could work out why I found it boring!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don't get a 29er, they just have bigger wheels and are a stupid pointless gimmick that will fade away in a few years (imo). Though if you want to be really cutting edge you should be looking at a 650b wheel (somewhere between a 29 inch wheel and the more traditional 26inch). All that said, if you are particularly tall I can see some benefit to the larger wheels, as it enables you to ride with a more normal geometry.

You are on the right track with a hard tail, you will get a lot more bang for you buck. It also is the right kind of bike for the type of riding you will be doing.

Thanks much appreciated, yes hard tail it is. Now for an indoor trainer thingy!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Here is the pic:

1388748568594-1wsn56iemyybz-280-80.jpg

Now at 5' 5" and weighing in at nearly 14 stone I've got a feeling I may not be getting one of these really soon!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey!, that was a bit of a scary commute to and from work today. Mostly nice strong tail wind going but some nasty gusty crosswinds in places causing a few wobbles. Just before I left to come home there was a deluge so I had descents to deal with that also had water running down the road coupled with headwinds and even stronger gusty crosswinds than this morning. All done in near dark and in traffic............not nice at all!

On the plus side, I can vouch for the effectiveness of the asssaver mudguards. I took delivery of one yesterday :) Really easy to slip in to fit just for when you need it and kept the bulk of the rain and crap off of my arse on very very wet roads. I got a blue one and it even looks ok(ish)

This image shows the colour I got, but it's not my bike, just a pic I found on 'tinternet:

1377325115.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Those gains appear to be particularly marginal...

:lol: Quite.

Any decision on fantasy for this season? Only a few weeks away now.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm thinking of running both options. Purist and the full transfers every day. Again no premium players allowed. Sound reasonable?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm thinking of running both options. Purist and the full transfers every day. Again no premium players allowed. Sound reasonable?

Would get my vote as would keep everyone happy :thumbsup:

I've toyed with giving it up completely - both because I can get a bit obsessive and because it does sometimes spoil my enjoyment of the racing. But I do enjoy the game. Purist would be the perfect compromise for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here