Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Customary rant about VAR...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
VAR would have checked each goal, The only reason it was different because there wasn't a notice on the screens telling you they were being checked..
If the ref had not given the penalty I sincerely doubt VAR would have over ruled it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
var checked the penalty and all 4 goals 🤷🏻‍♂️
Really? How do you know that?

Why no giant "VAR check" on the screen and the interminable 5 minute wait as everyone stands around like lemons until the clowns at VAR have made up their minds?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FAR more enjoyable without VAR, I heard a few people say that post-match.
But.....there was VAR....

Did they also tell you they are fed up with this labour government? ???

:wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Why no giant "VAR check" on the screen and the interminable 5 minute wait as everyone stands around like lemons until the clowns at VAR have made up their minds?
VAR checks EVERY goal to try and find a way to rule it out, but it only goes up on the big screens if they're in the refs ear going "hang on a minute".

All the goals today were pretty clear-cut so the extended VAR review wasn't needed (for once).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Because that's what they do.

It isn't always a drama. It will be even less so going forward.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree. The pen was a little cheap (Mitoma made a meal out of very little) though technically correct. But seen them not given.
Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a foul and direct free kick. Therefore, being in the box, it’s a penalty. “Technically correct” :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Because VAR checks every goal and every potential penalty. It would have also checked the West Ham dive and the Buonanotte dive as a potential penalties. It would have also checked Soucek(?)'s lunge on Caicedo.

VAR is constantly reviewing the game. Most checks occur while the game is ongoing, and/or are completed so quickly they don't need to put a sign up to explain a delay. It only goes up if the game is stopped and there's a notable delay.

None of the incidents were that contentious so checks were all completed quickly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion win 4-0 and we have a 'Ref was good' thread...

:laugh:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a foul and direct free kick. Therefore, being in the box, it’s a penalty. “Technically correct” :lolol:
I've not seen a replay of it yet, and I am biased and now mildly inebriated, but I was out of my WSU seat immediately convinced it was a clear pen. Mitoma done Bowen all ends up and was clumsily brought down from behind, was my initial take seeing it live.

And I'm STICKING with it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've not seen a replay of it yet, and I am biased and now mildly inebriated, but I was out of my WSU seat immediately convinced it was a clear pen. Mitoma done Bowen all ends up and was clumsily brought down from behind, was my initial take seeing it live.

And I'm STICKING with it.
Replay shows pretty much that too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here