Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currently NO TRAINS for the Colchester or Forest games

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Time for the club to say sorry Sky but F O and move the game back to Saturday

Completely agree. I have to put up with Chiltern Rail (frequent cancellations/works/replacement buses) and SASTA to get to the Amex and weekday matches are a challenge to say the least. I suspect the club will say they're contracted to Sky for the Friday fixture but worth asking anyway...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I feel lucky to be a five minute bus ride away

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd much prefer that option to travelling by train anyway, with the inevitable queuing to get on the Falmer bound trains at Brighton.

The only question is I guess, how far west along the 700 route are you? Anywhere much west of Littlehampton and the journey would take forever.

I'd be getting on at Portslade. Did it a few times last season, getting off at Churchill Square and getting on a 25 Uni bus. Takes about 45 minutes I think, given a clear run and a fair breeze.

Jameson

I would be interested to know how many travel by train to a game but say its only 5k, where will this extra 5,000 bus or coach space come from. For those of us who (in HB&Bis view are bad people as we support a team 30 miles away) who work and cannot 100% guarantee to get to a coach stop at the allotted time, although I imagine seagulls travel are pretty much full already, that is out of the question. So how many spare seats are there on buses.

I sorry but to suggest watching on TV, well thanks for that.

I agree and I think fans from our side are disadvantaged as to get to any of the P&R sites we have to drive past the stadium just to get back again. I have thought for a long time that a P&R option based in Lewes is worthwhile just to spread the load and often the trains are so packed it's difficult to get on even when they are running. Given that it's a school and college holiday could a P&R run from the college site in Mountfield Road?

There are Seagull travel coach options but it costs about £15 when in fact we've already paid our subsidy and in theory travel from Eastbourne onwards is covered.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree and I think fans from our side are disadvantaged as to get to any of the P&R sites we have to drive past the stadium just to get back again. I have thought for a long time that a P&R option based in Lewes is worthwhile just to spread the load and often the trains are so packed it's difficult to get on even when they are running. Given that it's a school and college holiday could a P&R run from the college site in Mountfield Road?

There are Seagull travel coach options but it costs about £15 when in fact we've already paid our subsidy and in theory travel from Eastbourne onwards is covered.
Good post!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I believe that trains (or a contingency) have been secured for those two games - hopefully someone at the club is reading the thread and can confirm.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The service is dog shite at times and agree with many that the parking is atrocious near the stadium...all these parking bans in coldean and moulscoome are a joke for the sake of a few hours on match days...The club pay around 2 million for this service every season.
Parking needs to be addressed ASAP because it's a few hours barely every 10 days on average....I really felt sorry for the numerous away fans that stop in their car asking where the parking is and it's a blank within a mile of the stadium.

Hope the club get compensation if this goes ahead and hope it gets sorted and people can start driving again without the stress of the wonderful public transport grrrrr.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hope the club get compensation if this goes ahead and hope it gets sorted and people can start driving again without the stress of the wonderful public transport grrrrr.

I can't see any council telling residents that their views on parking don't matter. Every council (Labour, Tory or Green) has made much of the fact that parking schemes are only imposed when people want them - there's no way that any councillors are going to tell people who want such a scheme that they can't have one

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Evening KO home games on Tues 9th, Fri 12th, Tues 16th. Draw the line at having to walk back into town after the match three times in a week. For that reason the Colchester EFL Cup game on 9th is :wave:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Without reading through the whole thread, anyone know what the schedule would be like for getting to Eastbourne from Victoria would be like on these strike days? Have a funeral on the coast to attend that week.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
If I were Barber, I would be more worried about this than trying to raise £40,000 per annum in gaining guaranteed entrance to the Seven Stars Bar.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
£100,000 goes a reasonable way towards getting Danny Holla off the wage bill.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ridiculous! I work in London and have no alternative but train travel!

Frustrated at paying for both a train and football season ticket and looks as though ill be watching this on tv....IF I get home before 7.45 due to the ****ing strikes!!

Well the RMT will be delighted that you are feeling this way. The threat of a strike is doing it's job!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here