Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Current world class English players.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Is this the first time for over 50 years that we've gone with a squad to a finals with only one real world class player?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
You must be on about Ledley King then coz I can't think of another World Class player in our squad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would agree with that, However I think our first team is stronger than when we had 2 or 3 world class players.

Would you rather have Lampard or Batty for example

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lampard, Gerrard and Ashley Cole have all delivered plenty of times at the highest level (Champs League).

So, 4 world class players I would say.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Ashley Cole is the best left back in the World. Would walk into (pretty much) any team. So is clearly World Class.

Rooney, is who I assume you are talking about.

You could argue that Lampard, Gerrard and Terry are also World class.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I would say that with the exception of 2 or maybe 3 players, we've actually got a good squad. Not good enough to win, but good enough to make a decent challenge.

You don't need a team of world class players to win the World Cup, providing the players you've got work hard for each other and know they're jobs

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Is this the first time for over 50 years that we've gone with a squad to a finals with only one real world class player?

We finished top of the qualifying group. Define world class, as I would argue that all the players in the world cup squads are all world class ....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What does world class mean? Does it mean that they could get into any side in the world? If so then Rooney or Ashley Cole.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have always been the Wimbledon of the World Cup. Spoilers and scrappers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I thought it meant if planet earth had to send a team to play another planet, the players in the representative team would be considered world class

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd say Rooney, Lampard, Ashley Cole and Terry are world class, and Gerrard and Ferdinand are as well. I think what we're missing is quality all around, no we've no really top quality goalkeepers, right-backs, holding players or wide players. There's no other exceptional strikers

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ashley Cole?
John Terry?
Steven Gerrard?
Frank Lampard?
Wayne Rooney?

So , based on the Ashes Cricket experience, will they become Sir John, Sir Steven, Sir Frank and Sir Wayne if we win the World Cup?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
What does world class mean? Does it mean that they could get into any side in the world? If so then Rooney or Ashley Cole.

Define any side? Northern Ireland:laugh: Seriously would the rule of thumb be a player who would get in the starting 11 of the top 4 ranked teams in the world?

Rooney for sure, but the rest, hence my original question?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here