Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace's new kit. :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
And the same goes for our respective stadiums too :)

5 years ago our stadium was far superior to yours. Now yours is far superior to ours. Won't last long though, our new stadium (as long as its a redeveloped Selhurst rather than a completely new one) will have the "old ground" feel, without the wooden seats and piss in the away end.

Then we'll be even again :)

Last edited:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
5 years ago our stadium was far superior to years. Now yours is far superior to ours. Won't last long though, our new stadium (as long as its a redeveloped Selhurst rather than a completely new one) will have the "old ground" feel, without the wooden seats and piss in the away end.

You should use the same design team. They could come up with a unique look, I'm sure :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You should use the same design team. They could come up with a unique look, I'm sure :lolol:

Well, hopefully ours won't have a wonky roof. And maybe the land it's built on will be worth something. And maybe we won't have massive worries about our stadium expenditure after only one season. And maybe we won't have to re-schedule games because of gay pride.

Maybe. :)

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Well, hopefully ours won't have a wonky roof. And maybe the land it's built on will be worth something. And maybe we won't have massive worries about our stadium expenditure after only one season. And maybe we won't have to re-schedule games because of gay pride.

Maybe. :)

You better make sure it's fully fireproofed with a good sprinkler system installed. Oh, and about 12000 seats should be just fine, Sainsbury's could have the excess space.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You better make sure it's fully fireproofed with a good sprinkler system installed. Oh, and about 12000 seats should be just fine, Sainsbury's could have the excess space.

12,000? But how will we cope with that when our average attendance is 15,000 and when we play big teams we reach 20,000? What about when we average 24,000 in the Premiership.

I don't think you should be part of the design team, to be honest. You wouldn't do a very good job.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
5 years ago our stadium was far superior to yours. Now yours is far superior to ours. Won't last long though, our new stadium (as long as its a redeveloped Selhurst rather than a completely new one) will have the "old ground" feel, without the wooden seats and piss in the away end.

In your dreams, maybe.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
our new stadium (as long as its a redeveloped Selhurst rather than a completely new one) will have the "old ground" feel, without the wooden seats and piss in the away :)

Well maybe that is because it will be just that. An old ground, in the same run down area,frequented by the same chavs that frequent it now. Go on admit it....... You are jealous.
And you are welcome to come along to Pride btw.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Well maybe that is because it will be just that. An old ground, in the same run down area,frequented by the same chavs that frequent it now. Go on admit it....... You are jealous.
And you are welcome to come along to Pride btw.

Of course I'm jealous of the Amex, who without a new ground themselves isn't? It looks nice, and is a massive asset to your club.

That's all I'm jealous of though. I'll politely decline your invite to Pride though, thanks.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Blue and yellow work well together as proved by Van Gogh but how did they manage that?:ohmy:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Blue and yellow work well together as proved by Van Gogh but how did they manage that?:ohmy:

Blue and yellow can look very good

away_shirt_tommy.jpg

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
12,000? But how will we cope with that when our average attendance is 15,000 and when we play big teams we reach 20,000? What about when we average 24,000 in the Premiership.

I don't think you should be part of the design team, to be honest. You wouldn't do a very good job.

HANG ON. So we average 20k WEEK IN, WEEK OUT. We're on for 22.5k STs alone in the famous difficult second season when our Premiership bandwagon-jumpers will definitely hop off the Gus Bus and resume normal service from their armchairs in front of United-Liverpool. Meanwhile the mighty Palace manage to sell 15k (well, 12k plus daily deal websites and phone top-ups) but would get 24k against a big team? And we're the plastics?

Stones. Glass Houses*.

*which incidentally won't burn as easily. Think about it, probably a good idea in Croydon.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
HANG ON. So we average 20k WEEK IN, WEEK OUT. We're on for 22.5k STs alone in the famous difficult second season when our Premiership bandwagon-jumpers will definitely hop off the Gus Bus and resume normal service from their armchairs in front of United-Liverpool. Meanwhile the mighty Palace manage to sell 15k (well, 12k plus daily deal websites and phone top-ups) but would get 24k against a big team? And we're the plastics?

Stones. Glass Houses*.

*which incidentally won't burn as easily. Think about it, probably a good idea in Croydon.

Didn't the original Crystal Palace burn down? They've got form.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Eh? Either you're not a Palace fan or you're very confused. What makes you think CPFC2010 are clueless?

I've seen the kits in real life, rather than just in a photo. The colours are in different shades and look much better. They look absolute shit in that photo, but they're decent when you actually see them (away kit is still not for me though)

No my friend. The kit that was floating around the stadium was a prototype. The kit Steve Parish is modeling is the final thing.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Fair play to you sir admitting that on here. Hope you don't mind me saying that I hope your performances next season are as shit as the kit you play in (especially against us) ;-)

I'm disappointed with Cpfc2010. Steve Parish claimed we would be going for it this season. Signing Aaron Wilbraham, and letting our two best players (Clyne and Gardner) go is not going for it. Zaha will be off, so i have very little to be happy about.

If they can't design a decent kit, then i dread to think what our new badge will be like.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Blimey. Wait until they really cock something up for us. Best thing that have happened to us in donkeys.

The way they've done this kit thing is a bit garish though. It's like a primary colour nightmare - too much going on. [/gokwan]

Not the end of the world though, it's only a bit of cloth.

Shit kit to be followed by a shit new Badge. Great, superb, Steve Parish is god. As SJ said, he has pulled the wool over many Palace fans eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here