Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Watching this Brighton team this season feels at times like watching early Poyet teams. We clearly WANT to play it around at the back, and we do a lot. But there just isn't the ability there from players like Gilmour, Baleba, Dahoud to show for it, recieve it, turn & pick a pass at this level before being closed down. So we spend a lot of time recycling it with little purpose, energy or thought as to what doing so might achieve. I'm afraid we've spent a lot of time doing just that in this match, and been punished for it.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Forgetting the goal, the amount of times we're in good positions but we go backwards to 'reset' is really bizarre. It's so safe for no reason
Confidence, we are on a shite run in the league

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very poor half, we haven’t turned up at all. Very negative in possession, constantly looking to turn and pass backwards. Adingra and Mitoma ineffective again so far.

Poor mistake for the goal itself but summed up our half for me Clive, way off the levels of earlier in the season.

We are really missing March on the right, and we have no real options to replace Adingra with, ditto Mitoma.

Baleba a red card waiting to happen, change at half time please. Im predicting a double or even triple change from De Zerbi. We haven’t turned up at all.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What a dull first half. The passing at the back is quite boring really. Need some urgency
Yes
Watching this Brighton team this season feels at times like watching early Poyet teams. We clearly WANT to play it around at the back, and we do a lot. But there just isn't the ability there from players like Gilmour, Baleba, Dahoud to show for it, recieve it, turn & pick a pass at this level before being closed down. So we spend a lot of time recycling it with little purpose, energy or thought as to what doing so might achieve. I'm afraid we've spent a lot of time doing just that in this match, and been punished for it.
This exactly.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
So frustrating. 30 minutes of complete control then a few slack passes let them into the game, culminating in the sort of unforced defensive f*** up that should never happen at this level.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
45 minutes sounding like a morgue or if generous a library, yet now those twats get their voices. Still looks like they're all sat on their hands though. Will never understand it.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Help!!! I’ve tuned into Sky Sports and it’s a repeat. Basically Brighton have 70% possession and do naff all and Palace have one chance and score. Where’s the real game?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We've got about 500 injuries ffs plus juggling europa. Clubs our size very often struggle in the league when juggling both - without injuries let alone with
No different to them ffs
IMG_1033.png
IMG_1034.png

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't often blame anybody for mistakes, but the dutch keeper needs to learn when get rid is the ONLY option! I know he's young, but FFS we're not shooting and scoring enough at the other end for this piss arsing about when there is three opponents around you with no out ball
I'm probably being harsh because it's frustrating

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Absolute shite up front and both Adingra and Mitoma have looked clueless whilst losing the ball pretty well every time they get it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here