Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I’m usually quite confident going into the palace matches but our performances have been inconsistent and we still have a lot of injuries whereas they only have a couple of first team players out. I’d imagine they’ll be more fired up than us as we have bigger fish to fry this season.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I get the feeling January could be the make or break for how long RDZ remains here having seen his most recent comments.

He’s not stropping a la Poyet, but he’s been pretty clear there that reinforcements are (in his mind) needed.

It’s not just what’s needed though, it’s who’s available and an achievable target. He knows the club’s MO, but I would guess he wants a more oven-ready Caicedo replacement than Baleba, full back(s?) and some cover on the wings. I’m wondering if Mitoma’s having to play within himself to avoid injury.

Alternatively, let’s just clone Hinshelwood and play him all over the pitch. (sorry @dwayne)

Hilariously, striker is the one position we have sorted.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He’s not stropping a la Poyet, but he’s been pretty clear there that reinforcements are (in his mind) needed.

It’s not just what’s needed though, it’s who’s available and an achievable target. He knows the club’s MO, but I would guess he wants a more oven-ready Caicedo replacement than Baleba, full back(s?) and some cover on the wings. I’m wondering if Mitoma’s having to play within himself to avoid injury.

Alternatively, let’s just clone Hinshelwood and play him all over the pitch. (sorry @dwayne)

Hilariously, striker is the one position we have sorted.
No stropping but I very much doubt we will be hearing the “happy to work with what we have” line if some decent signings aren’t incoming in January. In fairness would any of us blame him if he felt he’d taken us as far as he can if he’s not backed? Yes I also realise it may be too tall an order to get exactly the quality of players he needs in January.

But hey ho, I will sit back, enjoy and hope the ride continues for a while yet and see what the window brings.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I’d imagine they’ll be more fired up than us as we have bigger fish to fry this season.
Do we? I'd imagine it means more to the fans but once the match starts the players know quite profoundly that a win in any way is needed.

Terry Connor

Oct 21, 2022
I’m usually quite confident going into the palace matches but our performances have been inconsistent and we still have a lot of injuries whereas they only have a couple of first team players out. I’d imagine they’ll be more fired up than us as we have bigger fish to fry this season.
Do you honestly think RDZ and Dunky will let the players be anything other than 100% fired up tonight? If anything, we need to keep our composure and exploit the fact we have the better players and better tactics.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's going to be like a war out there. We don't have many players that are fully fit. I'm not optimistic about this one.
We have exactly the same team that battled against Marseille bar Veltman who didn’t come on until the last few minutes. We have to adapt and get on with it.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No confidence from me with our current form.

11 points from the last 11 games, the two wins being against a injury ridden (even more than us) Brentford and Forest in terrible form.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A Selhurst win is all I want for Christmas

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Do they run an extra train back to Brighton as getting from Norwood Junction back to Brighton, the last train is 22:26 & if they keep us in for a bit. Is it a case of going From Norwood to East Croydon & then catch the Brighton train?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No confidence from me with our current form.

11 points from the last 11 games, the two wins being against a injury ridden (even more than us) Brentford and Forest in terrible form.
When you put it like that. Grim !

Mitoma hopeless at the moment
Adingra form fallen off a cliff
Gilmour hit and miss
Goalies so inconsistent

Relying on Pedro , gross , dunky and van hecke at the moment with a sprinkling of Igor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here