Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A fine for them for not controlling their fans might be in order.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Edit

Last edited:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
We could play for 5 hours and still not create a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New system being taught. Counter attack. Like last year he taught zonal marking from corners and showed how to play a back three as well as a back four.

So that means we can play almost any system. And you’re complaining about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well, if you're not going to win to go top of the league the next best thing is to steal a draw with a 95th minute equaliser and then wind the entire palace team and fans up. Lovely.

We weren't great but I think the draw was pretty much fair. We never had control of the game(Bissouma was a big miss, would have kept Gallagher quiet) but we were comfortable up until the penalty. Palace never looked like scoring in the first half and only had one good chance in the second. We had one good chance with Welbeck in the first and then nothing until Maupay.

Talking of which wasn't it beautiful karma seeing Guaita shank his kick and gift us the equaliser after his play acting won them a free kick. Made me chuckle.

Overall, very pleasing. Zaha being a **** as per usual. Maupay copying his celebration and winding him up. Wild celebrations in the away end, Sanchez ready to go with everyone and Palace fans going back to their classic 'hold me back I'm going to fight a player' antics. Very enjoyable all round.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well, if you're not going to win to go top of the league the next best thing is to steal a draw with a 95th minute equaliser and then wind the entire palace team and fans up. Lovely.

We weren't great but I think the draw was pretty much fair. We never had control of the game(Bissouma was a big miss, would have kept Gallagher quiet) but we were comfortable up until the penalty. Palace never looked like scoring in the first half and only had one good chance in the second. We had one good chance with Welbeck in the first and then nothing until Maupay.

Talking of which wasn't it beautiful karma seeing Guaita shank his kick and gift us the equaliser after his play acting won them a free kick. Made me chuckle.

Overall, very pleasing. Zaha being a **** as per usual. Maupay copying his celebration and winding him up. Wild celebrations in the away end, Sanchez ready to go with everyone and Palace fans going back to their classic 'hold me back I'm going to fight a player' antics. Very enjoyable all round.

I've woken up this morning in a very different mood to the mood I thought I was going to be in today in the 94th minute :)
In other circumstances I would've still been disappointed not to have won and be sitting top now, but you can't have everything and that final minute was pure rivalry pantomime.

I doubt we'll play worse than we did last night all season - great to snatch a point, esp as a result of their keeper's play acting and then shyte free kick.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Excellent result . Neal Maupay took his goal superbly. If Kane or Messi did that the pundits would drool over “world class ability “
As for the chance to go top , well, what does it matter? The league is a marathon not a sprint. Who remembers which horse took an early lead in the Grand National? It is where you are at the finish that counts and I have got a feeling that Albion are going to be nicely placed come next May... with a lot of fun along the way.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well you know that “Woke up this morning feeling good” ditty…
Having watched 88 minutes last night with an enraged woman by my side getting the Eastender ergo I decided, yes I decided to win some brownie points and let her watch it before bed.
This was The first time I’ve ever not watched to completion or left a game early.
Although feeling slightly miffed Eastenders now has a little corner of my heart, God is good and all is right in the world. Plus, she got fuel while I was in bed, Plus… I’m beginning to appreciate Neal’s finer points.
Feeling Gooooood

sailor

May 7, 2013
BN27
Palace fan in peace.

Not much worse in football than conceding a goal in the last minute of injury time, sure felt like a loss, but after ours last season I guess the universe has realigned and all is well again. I would've taken a point before the game with your current form and am just pleased that we are now playing a bit of football, but we seem to be racking up a lot of draws a bit like yourselves last season. Anyway, fair play.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Palace fan in peace.

Not much worse in football than conceding a goal in the last minute of injury time, sure felt like a loss, but after ours last season I guess the universe has realigned and all is well again. I would've taken a point before the game with your current form and am just pleased that we are now playing a bit of football, but we seem to be racking up a lot of draws a bit like yourselves last season. Anyway, fair play.

I was just about to write a post similar to this. Seeing a lot on social media from Palace fans about how well you played, and how it was an unlucky result but ultimately future is bright etc. And I do agree based on Hodgson brand of football - you did have some good periods of play, but ultimately didn't really trouble us. Can't remember Sanchez making many / any saves of any note. So with that you do remind me of us last season, play some nice stuff, pass it around fairly well but very little up top to trouble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here