Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Haha. That was sweet. Even sweeter when you've already accepted defeat.

Superb finish too.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He can’t be as every corner was shite tonight, decent free kick near the end which Duffy got to though.
For me Gross is just too negative at CM, bordering on Stephens like.

I think it’s playing him as a DM that’s the problem (he’s fine as a CM alongside Biss). It’s not Gross’ fault (or Lallana’s for that matter) that he’s not Bissouma. He and Lallana just don’t have the legs to get around the pitch like Biss, which is why he’s so important as without him, we have to change our whole set up and formation.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Should have been from the start. Gross was well off it, we'd have been much more compact and competitive in the middle had Moder started there, IMO. He's a far more natural replacement for Biss.

I agree, but having started without Moder, when you need to make a change, why not Moder? Brings on Alzate? Anyway, having used a sub, we are where we should have started. Would love to know why, but this is Potterball, and I'm IN.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely sublime finish and the mark of a striker brimming with confidence - especially to do that in the 95th minute after having had very few opportunities up until the one that mattered finally presented itself. That's 4 goals in 6 now.

One of the best things about the goal, other than the quality of the finish, the timing, the fact that it felt like a win and the opponents, was a comment on the Palace board which went something like, "FFS, that would have been our throw-in instead of a free kick if Guaita hadn't faked injury...."

I was loudly and swearily proclaiming to the doris that it was his cheating SHITHOUSERY when he pretended to be injured in that bog-standard aerial clatter that led to our goal. He took an AGE to get up, rubbing his shoulder, then promptly twatted his undeserved shit kick straight to Velts, and the rest is history.

Absolutely wonderful moment. He could've lumped it into the stands and it would've been game over before the throw had been taken. Karma, you SLAGS

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
From my view in the stand we looked poor. Gave the ball away a lot and were panicking under their pressure. For a bit better last 20 mins but we still lacked any quality anywhere on the pitch. Anyway who cares we robbed them back at last.

We were not great in terms of working through their press and didn’t utilise the ball in behind to Welbeck enough. Think it made the deceptive in terms of looking better than they were. They had a lot of energy all over the pitch but never really did a lot with the ball when it was won. They hit the target with 3 efforts one being a penalty and 2 routine stops I’d expect a Sunday keeper to stop. They had one big chance they clearly should have scored from and Welbeck was the same with his although he appeared to trio himself when shooting. Personally think the game was quite even although I would agree we did play poor by our standards

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
We missed Bissouma's disruption in CM and his ability to lead the transition into attacking phases of play. We weren't prepared for this as we haven't been without him in big games for some time.

The boys didn't capitulate though. Poor descision making from Trossard to give the penalty away just before the break but the boys stuck at it in difficult circumstances and got their reward.

A point away from home when we're off the boil and missing a key player is the mark of a good side.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We missed Bissouma's disruption in CM and his ability to lead the transition into attacking phases of play. We weren't prepared for this as we haven't been without him in big games for some time.

The boys didn't capitulate though. Poor descision making from Trossard to give the penalty away just before the break but the boys stuck at it in difficult circumstances and got their reward.

A point away from home when we're off the boil and missing a key player is the mark of a good side.
Agree, Biss would of been all over Gallagher.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
:clap:

MAUPAY.gif

I am bloody LOVING Duffy's reaction, chasing after Mr Shithouse and mimicking the cupped ears celebration at the Palace fans....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What happened as our players and staff went down the tunnel? Potter asked in interview and he made a point of saying there was a lack of security and it was very intimidating. Sounds like the black hoody crew were really upset ����

[tweet]1442606435280556033[/tweet]

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
That's the goal that could get us top this weekend.
4 of the other top 6 playing each other both draws. Saints sneak a draw at Chelsea after their tough midweek Champions League game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hilarious, their stewards were a bit overrun when that went in

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You posted three things tonight and they were all replies to me. It appears thats all you do on this board.

Are you disturbed somehow? Some kind of brain damage?

Checking up on me again lol
I did have a 22mm brain tumour removed three years ago but I'm sharp as a tack.:)
Over to you as you always like the last word:bla:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Checking up on me again lol
I did have a 22mm brain tumour removed three years ago but I'm sharp as a tack.:)
Over to you as you always like the last word:bla:

I understand, glad you are okay.

I will go easy on you then, just ignore you and stop feeding your desires to interact with me. I hope you find something else to do on this fine forum.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I understand, glad you are okay.

I will go easy on you then, just ignore you and stop feeding your desires to interact with me. I hope you find something else to do on this fine forum.

Just what I expected - a condescending reply - do carry on - your turn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here