Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's seven or eight cannon fodder teams in the B-list part of that division. First one to kick clear with to two wins on the bounce will find themselves mid-table. Much as I'd absolutely LOVE Sunderland and Palace to go down (in that order), Fulham are far and away the most puerile team in that league and have outstayed their welcome by about three or four seasons. And any team that features Craig ****in' Noone as a regular starter has no place there either. Like i say, there's seven or eight cannon fodder in there.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Second 1-0 result of the weekend and both have made my day

You're easily pleased then! 2 games each played over the Xmas period, 1 win each, 1 defeat each. The difference being we win at Villa and lose narrowly to Manchester City whereas you beat an under strength Blackpool and lose to Charlton, shipping 3 poor goals in the process :D

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
How can Palace fans honestly say they narrowly lost at The Etihad yesterday ? City played it like a training match.

Man City nearly f*cked up by team selection and their approach to the game could have cost them, but even with this Palace were just not good enough to profit from the silly Man City approach to the game.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Absolute BS. So blinded by rivalry :glare:

Your welcome to your opinion but that is truly how I saw the game.

Just listened to that and he said they put ten men behind the ball which is correct then relied on the breakaway like I said.
He also said that Norwich could do the same to Palace in the next game, Listen again.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Man City nearly f*cked up by team selection and their approach to the game could have cost them, but even with this Palace were just not good enough to profit from the silly Man City approach to the game.

Didn't they choose to rest 6 players after playing Liverpool on Boxing Day ? Pellegrini should have fielded a full strength side from the start and wrapped it up in the first 20 minutes and then stuck on the 3 subs for the last hour. Even with several second string players drafted in for City the gulf in class was all too apparent. Jedinak should have been given a yellow card for trailing his foot and booting a City player in the face in the 2nd half.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Of course you did. We could beat Barcelona 5-0 at the Nou Camp with 9 men yet you'd still say we were sh*t!

I did not say you were shit I said you were not good enough to beat what was put in front of you and they battled the Pullis way, ten men behind the ball. Merson said you did that if you just listen.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
That backs up my mate's opinion which I posted yesterday. How anyone can take Merson's opinions seriously is beyond me.

So you value you mates opinion (who may well be imaginary) over a top player who played over 500 professional games in the top 2 leagues?

And it's not just Merson, a lot of other pundits on Sky and MOTD praised us and said we were unlucky as did the write ups in the Sunday papers.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So you value you mates opinion (who may well be imaginary) over a top player who played over 500 professional games in the top 2 leagues?

And it's not just Merson, a lot of other pundits on Sky and MOTD praised us and said we were unlucky as did the write ups in the Sunday papers.

Well you can take comfort in that then and how many points does that give you?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My 'imaginary' friend posted it on Facebook which was confirmed by one of the moderators on here as one of your fellow Palace fans also accused me of lying.
Pundits like to praise underdogs, it makes their views slightly more interesting, than a 'Man City beat a relegation candidate' scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here