[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
10,000 at home? We were getting 17,000 at the end of last season and I think out lowest gate last year was just below 13,000. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

You also get higher attendances than us this year because your capacity is bigger. There have been a few games this year where we have sold out so fans that would have attended haven't been able to. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Most Brighton fans don't care enough to start a thread about your sorry excuse for a club...why don't you post on the BBS after all that is your fans message board. ..come on here gloating about £120m but it's not all about money...thank **** for BHA a club you will never understand the soul of....go back to ya Sarf Laaandon slums...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
More delusion....

Seriously, why is it delusion? You are 3 points away from even taking that last play off spot and we are above the drop zone on GD. And as I said , if we go down we will have more money than you due to the vast parachute payments. I think it's also fair to say we have a better squad than you and the players that I would take from your side in Ulloa, Bridcutt and Kuzszack are unlikely to be with you next year unless you get promoted this season.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I find that you consider this £250k (if true) a large debt in comparison with the £31million that sent Palace into admin number 2 amazing,

Whether you go under for £100 or £100m, you still go under. The OP stated that we paid all of our debts and we didn't. Quite frankly Palace are not my concern, but if we want to take some pseudo high moral ground we need to be accurate.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
During the sale of the Goldstone, Archer offered a deal to local companies that was far less than what was due.
I'm sure some of your older fans can confirm this.

Absolute tosh from a sixty year old 50+ years supporter....

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Most Brighton fans don't care enough to start a thread about your sorry excuse for a club...why don't you post on the BBS after all that is your fans message board. ..come on here gloating about £120m but it's not all about money...thank **** for BHA a club you will never understand the soul of....go back to ya Sarf Laaandon slums...

Haha, resorting to digs about soul and where we live, the first sign you know you're losing an argument.

Our club has more soul in its little finger than your plastic bunch. Our support is hardcore and passionate and is widely regarded as the best support in the country.

Sorry to disappoint you but we don't all live in Croydon...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Whether you go under for £100 or £100m, you still go under. The OP stated that we paid all of our debts and we didn't. Quite frankly Palace are not my concern, but if we want to take some pseudo high moral ground we need to be accurate.

All we are asking for is documented proof we did not pay our debts, not some poster who says we didn't. Post that proof and we can believe. In other words put up or shut up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Subsequent to Lord Justice Taylors report grounds had to be improved to make them safer places. extensive work was carried out at the Goldstone totalling in excess of £250,000 in the late eighties. This bill was never paid and the person to who which it was due was in a position to winde the company up along with HMRC. The contractor allowed the club to pay the revenue instead of him and as such saved the club from going out of business. Just thought I would let you know as sometimes there is a load of rubbish promulgated on here.

There were many, the poster of the original quote about us paying bills was wrong. The financial governance of the club back then was not good as it was left a legacy from those who previously ran the club. WE had sever financial difficulties and this should not be denied and those who wish to quote financial fair play should recognise that the funds received by the club to put it where it is now came from a benefactor and not through any type of organic growth. AS for the individual who made the generous offer of forgoing his payment, I will not tell as he did it for the good of the club and not for any sort of personal gain, he is a friend of mine. That's it.

So a generous soul voluntarily wrote off a debt of the club? That's being a benefactor, not someone whose debt goes unpaid without their consent. Big difference, and still no evidence either.

My thoughts exactly Sparkie. There was a bill that we didn't pay, but that was because that bill was withdrawn due to a generous business.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Seriously, why is it delusion? You are 3 points away from even taking that last play off spot and we are above the drop zone on GD. And as I said , if we go down we will have more money than you due to the vast parachute payments. I think it's also fair to say we have a better squad than you and the players that I would take from your side in Ulloa, Bridcutt and Kuzszack are unlikely to be with you next year unless you get promoted this season.
I doubt we'd take anybody from your squad apart from Jedinak and possibly Bolasie...and they're debatable...why would you 5hink our players would go to a shack from a palace. ...pardon the pun...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I doubt we'd take anybody from your squad apart from Jedinak and possibly Bolasie...and they're debatable...why would you 5hink our players would go to a shack from a palace. ...pardon the pun...

So your squad is so much better than ours yet you are 8th in the Championship and we are 17th in the Prem. Funniest thing I've ever read on here!!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Haha, resorting to digs about soul and where we live, the first sign you know you're losing an argument.

Our club has more soul in its little finger than your plastic bunch. Our support is hardcore and passionate and is widely regarded as the best support in the country.

I was in Croydon at the weekend you may have seen me?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

This always makes me laugh. Regarded as best by Palace fans themselves more like it. But I will admit you do jump up and down to the sound of a drum the best I have seen since the Zulu's

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
So your squad is so much better than ours yet you are 8th in the Championship and we are 17th in the Prem. Funniest thing I've ever read on here!!!

We're in different leagues and fair play to your promotion...but why keep gloating...it's been done to death...you must be retarded or 15...sorry to be cruel but this is a Brighton board. ..methinks bans may be in order...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

So what. Don't worry about us. If we don't get promoted then the likelihood is that we will be playing you next season. Your crowds will drop, you will still be playing in the same cow shed, unless you use your windfall to improve it, and the wages that you pay will still be there. I can not see many of your players being headhunted either.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
All we are asking for is documented proof we did not pay our debts, not some poster who says we didn't. Post that proof and we can believe. In other words put up or shut up.

I remember posting back in March that Poyet would go whether we were promoted or not. I was shouted down, abused and asked for proof. The outcome was as I had stated and Poyet went. Likewise here I am now asked for documentary proof from people I don't know, about something that took place over 20 years ago. Hold on i'll just go to my filing cabinet and get the evidence out, as I am sure you will have access to the documentation that states every creditor was paid. I didn't make the original post, I just answered it. Its a chat forum, don't get so serious and as for shutting up its discussions like this that make the forum interesting.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We're in different leagues and fair play to your promotion...but why keep gloating...it's been done to death...you must be retarded or 15...sorry to be cruel but this is a Brighton board. ..methinks bans may be in order...

You were the one gloating about your superior squad!

To be fair, I am posting (without being abusive) on a thread about my club so I don't see what the problem is?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Hardcore, how hardcore will it be when you slip into the Championship and 13,000 looms again.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You were the one gloating about your superior squad!

To be fair, I am posting (without being abusive) on a thread about my club so I don't see what the problem is?

Check the thread for who mentioned superior squads first....Jesus H Christ...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I remember posting back in March that Poyet would go whether we were promoted or not. I was shouted down, abused and asked for proof. The outcome was as I had stated and Poyet went. Likewise here I am now asked for documentary proof from people I don't know, about something that took place over 20 years ago. Hold on i'll just go to my filing cabinet and get the evidence out, as I am sure you will have access to the documentation that states every creditor was paid. I didn't make the original post, I just answered it. Its a chat forum, don't get so serious and as for shutting up its discussions like this that make the forum interesting.

As a Brighton fan I produced the documented proof of the list of Creditors Palace failed to pay (all of them). So if you wish to make the same claim about one specific creditor the Albion didn't pay. All I am asking is you to do the same. But if you can't back it up and it is only hearsay be so kind as to say just that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports