Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
My mate was working on Murray's house at the time this was going on. He was chatting with Murray and these were the figures that he stated. I thought the actual amount he stated was more than 12k, but the first two figures of 7k and 9k are spot on.

Yeah, of course he told a random builder his weekly earnings :rolleyes:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm still waiting to find out what bills we didn't pay. We even had to pay Capital Gains tax on the sale of the Goldstone because it was more than 7 years before we got a new home.

Come on Brighton Mod, tell us the specifics.

There were many, the poster of the original quote about us paying bills was wrong. The financial governance of the club back then was not good as it was left a legacy from those who previously ran the club. WE had sever financial difficulties and this should not be denied and those who wish to quote financial fair play should recognise that the funds received by the club to put it where it is now came from a benefactor and not through any type of organic growth. AS for the individual who made the generous offer of forgoing his payment, I will not tell as he did it for the good of the club and not for any sort of personal gain, he is a friend of mine. That's it.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
There were many, the poster of the original quote about us paying bills was wrong. The financial governance of the club back then was not good as it was left a legacy from those who previously ran the club. WE had sever financial difficulties and this should not be denied and those who wish to quote financial fair play should recognise that the funds received by the club to put it where it is now came from a benefactor and not through any type of organic growth. AS for the individual who made the generous offer of forgoing his payment, I will not tell as he did it for the good of the club and not for any sort of personal gain, he is a friend of mine. That's it.
So are you saying that Archer lied when he told the supporters that the Goldstone was sold to pay off all our debts and in fact some debts remained unpaid?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm still waiting to find out what bills we didn't pay. We even had to pay Capital Gains tax on the sale of the Goldstone because it was more than 7 years before we got a new home.

Come on Brighton Mod, tell us the specifics.

All the bills were paid , I understand there were a handful of businesses who took a part payment settlement during the times the club were issued winding up notices by the Inland Revenue (1992 and 1993). The sale of Mark Beeney to Leeds paid off the tax bill and other outstanding creditors. Archer , Bellotti and Stanley took over the club in the summer of 1993 and pumped money into the club to keep it going although what we didn't know at the time is some of the money came from a bank loan. One NSCer has confirmed this because he was an employee of one of the businesses concerned but couldn't digress any further as the agreements were made individually in commercial confidence.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So are you saying that Archer lied when he told the supporters that the Goldstone was sold to pay off all our debts and fact some debts remained unpaid?

When we moved to the Withdean our percentage of spend on players wages was in the 90s, times were desperate, now that ratio is much lower and we should be more comfortable. I was amazed to hear this at the time but it was confirmed to me. For those who can do the maths 7,000 paying fans at an average of £15 for twenty one matches. We hired the stadium at £28,000 per match, as has been quoted on here Bobby Zamora was on £150,000 etc, etc. It doesn't take long to work out how fine it was, with bank loans to pay and no business angel to step in. I appreciate where we are now and feel that as fans we are not in a position to poke fun at others who are undergoing what we experienced back in those days. Without Tony Bloom we may well have gone out of existence.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So are you saying that Archer lied when he told the supporters that the Goldstone was sold to pay off all our debts and in fact some debts remained unpaid?

The Goldstone was sold for £7M , wasn't the Bamber family paid £6M to settle the loans Mike Bamber had paid in ?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
All the bills were paid , I understand there were a handful of businesses who took a part payment settlement during the times the club were issued winding up notices by the Inland Revenue (1992 and 1993). The sale of Mark Beeney to Leeds paid off the tax bill and other outstanding creditors. Archer , Bellotti and Stanley took over the club in the summer of 1993 and pumped money into the club to keep it going although what we didn't know at the time is some of the money came from a bank loan. One NSCer has confirmed this because he was an employee of one of the businesses concerned but couldn't digress any further as the agreements were made individually in commercial confidence.

Sorry to reiterate this, but all bills were not paid.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
When we moved to the Withdean our percentage of spend on players wages was in the 90s, times were desperate, now that ratio is much lower and we should be more comfortable. I was amazed to hear this at the time but it was confirmed to me. For those who can do the maths 7,000 paying fans at an average of £15 for twenty one matches. We hired the stadium at £28,000 per match, as has been quoted on here Bobby Zamora was on £150,000 etc, etc. It doesn't take long to work out how fine it was, with bank loans to pay and no business angel to step in. I appreciate where we are now and feel that as fans we are not in a position to poke fun at others who are undergoing what we experienced back in those days. Without Tony Bloom we may well have gone out of existence.
So how does that reply to my Archer stating the Goldstone was sold to pay all our debts, some three years prior to what you are referring to in this last post.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The directors & Tony Bloom were bankrolling the club, plus money for selling players like Zamora, Virgo, Hammond, Revell, Currie, in fact any player that we got an offer for. Knight also told Coppell to go to Reading when he wanted to stay because we needed the compensation money. That's also why fans put money in via the Alive & Kicking campaign and Forty note fund.

A firm voluntarily offering to forego part payment is not the same as deliberately ignoring bills to write them off in administration. Twice.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I highly doubt that, I can't see you even making the playoffs. If you fail to go up and we go down (and under Pulis that is not guaranteed) then we will still have a much better squad and a lot more money than you for the foreseeable future.

More delusion....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So a generous soul voluntarily wrote off a debt of the club? That's being a benefactor, not someone whose debt goes unpaid without their consent. Big difference, and still no evidence either.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So how does that reply to my Archer stating the Goldstone was sold to pay all our debts, some three years prior to what you are referring to in this last post.

Apologies answered wrong thread, however when the Goldstone was sold there were many creditors who were not paid. It may sound great to think that this last gasp gesture of selling the ground covered everything but it didn't and I know for sure about the large debt I referred to not being paid. The struggle continued from the day the ground was sold and became even more difficult, try running a business with no working capital, nothing to leverage money against, a stadium, and more money going out than coming in.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
QUOTE=sparkie;6095696]So a generous soul voluntarily wrote off a debt of the club? That's being a benefactor, not someone whose debt goes unpaid without their consent. Big difference, and still no evidence either.[/QUOTE]
Correct:clap2:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Apologies answered wrong thread, however when the Goldstone was sold there were many creditors who were not paid. It may sound great to think that this last gasp gesture of selling the ground covered everything but it didn't and I know for sure about the large debt I referred to not being paid. The struggle continued from the day the ground was sold and became even more difficult, try running a business with no working capital, nothing to leverage money against, a stadium, and more money going out than coming in.
I find that you consider this £250k (if true) a large debt in comparison with the £31million that sent Palace into admin number 2 amazing,

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The directors & Tony Bloom were bankrolling the club, plus money for selling players like Zamora, Virgo, Hammond, Revell, Currie, in fact any player that we got an offer for. Knight also told Coppell to go to Reading when he wanted to stay because we needed the compensation money. That's also why fans put money in via the Alive & Kicking campaign and Forty note fund.

A firm voluntarily offering to forego part payment is not the same as deliberately ignoring bills to write them off in administration. Twice.

It wasn't part payment and 20 years ago £250,000 was a lot of money. The club didn't pay as was stated in an earlier thread this all I am confirming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here