Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crude oil prices falling sharply

barney

Jul 31, 2006
A reasonable amount of inflation yes 100% in 5 years no

what so you think experts expected real prices to stay constant when china india mexico brazil indonesia etc are all growing at such rates, the resource is finite, renewable energy sources are being encouraged more and more, and the main producers/exporters are situated in increasingly volatile regions?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
what so you think experts expected real prices to stay constant when china india mexico brazil indonesia etc are all growing at such rates, the resource is finite, renewable energy sources are being encouraged more and more, and the main producers/exporters are situated in increasingly volatile regions?

OK i agree the price was always going to rise above inflation i have said that before.

The prices are coming down now and will continue to do so all the time the recession creeps further round the world and i reckon we wont see it past $145 a barrel for at least two years.

(waits as record prices announced tomorrow)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the only way they will go down any further is if the asian and middle eastern governments stop subsidising the power over there..

lets see how long they can afford that when the west goes into recession and stop buying the imports from china and india.

A reasonable amount of inflation yes 100% in 5 years no

sorry to correct you, but its 150% in 1 year. even taking into account this wees retreat.

demand didnt go up 100% in a year, supply didnt drop 50% in a year. nor did demand go up 50% or anywhere near it in the last year. demand went up in line with prdictions and supply has had a few minor issues in Nigeria. the price is built on prediction of what might have been.

Last edited:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
OK i agree the price was always going to rise above inflation i have said that before.

The prices are coming down now and will continue to do so all the time the recession creeps further round the world and i reckon we wont see it past $145 a barrel for at least two years.

(waits as record prices announced tomorrow)

maybe so but it will stay higher than it was 4-5 months ago. but then it will creep back up again in time.

i seriously doubt we'll see 90p a litre or whatever it was last summer ever again

it all depends on the situation in the middle east anyway

barney

Jul 31, 2006
lets see how long they can afford that when the west goes into recession and stop buying the imports from china and india.

yeah china and india wont be able to sustain it, but countries such as KSA qatar UAE bahrain oman etc will be able to as long as oil is the dominant fuel.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
...but countries such as KSA qatar UAE bahrain oman etc will be able to as long as oil is the dominant fuel.

what are you talking about, you think a few oil producing countries "subsidising" (ie not really just not making a profit) pump prices makes a notable difference to world oil prices compared to the 1billion population of China, 1bn India and another 1 billion in the developed world?

Last edited:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
what are you talking about, you think a few oil producing countries "subsidising" (ie not really just not making a profit) pump prices makes a notable difference to world oil prices compared to the 1billion population of China, 1bn India and another 1 billion in the developed world?

no sorry got a bit off topic with the whole subsidised price thing there..

but whilst on the subject, when you say not really making a profit, you mean putting billions (high percentages of their respective GDPs) into reducing the price for oil electricity gas and water

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Steward,3 thirds of the earth is covered in water. Why go to a desert to look for water ??

That is why water is the cheapest and best answer for car fuel

Nuclear power stations are most cost effective long term followed by wind then solar

Wave power costs a fortune in comparison

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
WATER

:thud: NASA have already developed an engine you fill with water and it breaks down the Oxygen and Hydrogen.

As the Yanks can't tax it the plans are shelved indefinately :tosser:

theres the tiny problem of the energy required to split the water. theres also the problem of smal scale storage (ie for cars) of the hydrogen.

now what we should be doing is using wind/solar/wave and anything else we can think of to power up hyrogen plants, then store the Hydrogen to burn when required, thus solving the underlying problem of all the these transient forms of energy. seem the pwers that be havent thought that one through.

dont worry about the tax, they can get you on usage some other way... step forward road pricing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here