Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crude oil prices falling sharply

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
The crude oil price RIP OFF looks set to be near an end

Prices have fallen 5% today alone down from a high a week ago of $145 per barrel currently running today at $126 per barrel

Good news for all concerned just hope it goes back down to a sensible level

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Shit. I went up Asda earlier, thought 112.9 was unbelievably cheap compared to recent times so I whacked a cheeky £30 in. Seems like I needn't have bothered.

Don't worry i put £85 in diesel in last night :thud:

To be fair though i only had 12 miles left in the tank according to the car

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Watch it go up once you get out of the summer months, when people are back at work and oil is needed for winter etc.

but in the summer the US driven demand switches to fueling their annual drive 1000 mile vacation. but then isnt the demand supposed to be from india/china where winter oil burning isnt an issue...

its too soon to tell if this is a genuine correction or a market flutter, but losing some 15% in a week suggests some are leaving the party. sooner or later the speculators will leave the market and we will see how much is due to real supply/demand, as the west lurches towards recession or stagnation, with knock on effects of no buying all those nice trinkets from China no matter how cheap.

dont worry about your full tanks though, you wont see much change at the pumps for weeks.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just wait for the pump prices to drop, and then...

the postponed 2p/litre tax gets whacked on!

barney

Jul 31, 2006
the only way they will go down any further is if the asian and middle eastern governments stop subsidising the power over there..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
as someone on here said...if people can afford to make short hops to shops and school in a car then petrol is too cheap.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That's fine for you as you live in Hove

What about people who live in places like Blackstone or Shipley? They have little choice :tosser:

But if you move to the rurals, is that not something you would think about ie Where do we do the shopping...nearest school etc etc

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here