Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Croydon cat killer suspected of killing 450!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One of ours knocks on the bedroom door when it's shut and she wants to come in :)
When I was a kid, our cat would cry to be let out, and then stand on a wall, lean over, and and pull the door knocker to be let in. Saved on a catflap :wink:

Just remembered, it opened doors inside by jumping up and hanging on the door handle (back in the days when people had proper cats).

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just remembered, it opened doors inside by jumping up and hanging on the door handle (back in the days when people had proper cats).
By ‘proper cats’ you mean those that use ‘smash ‘n grab’ gorilla tactics to get what they want? 🙂

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
By ‘proper cats’ you mean those that use ‘smash ‘n grab’ gorilla tactics to get what they want? 🙂

This is exactly how I remember our cat looking when I was a kid

cat.jpg

He was called lucky :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of ours knocks on the bedroom door when it's shut and she wants to come in :)
In the mid 90’s with an ex-gf, we visited the Cairngorms and Speyside just after NY, it was so cold, -10c. Staying in lovely guesthouse, one evening there was tapping from outside at the lounge window. It was the owner’s 22 year old cat Tink wanting to be let in. A gorgeous and clever tabby.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
In the mid 90’s with an ex-gf, we visited the Cairngorms and Speyside just after NY, it was so cold, -10c. Staying in lovely guesthouse, one evening there was tapping from outside at the lounge window. It was the owner’s 22 year old cat Tink wanting to be let in. A gorgeous and clever tabby.
This sounds like a great start to a one of those ‘true’ ghost stories people tell when sitting around the fireplace on a cold, dark night … carry on 👻

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Took me a while to realise you weren't talking about your mum.......or were you?

I remember staying at my aunties when I was about 7 or 8, waking up covered in blood. Her cat (a gigantic Maine Coon called Tigger) had decided he liked me and brought me a squirrel in several pieces. My vegetarian auntie did not find it pleasant in the slightest.
cats need to be kept indoors at night or they will kill for fun.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
We had a strange situation with a cat in the last house we lived in. A week or so before we were due to move in we had a call from the estate agent. Sounded a bit sheepish and said they had an unusual request for us. The owners had an old cat and couldn't take it with them so wondered if they could leave it in the house and if we would take it on. If not, they would have it put down. We hadn't discussed if we would have a cat when we moved but felt a bit compelled, didn't want to think it would be put down.

So moved in and there is the cat, properly old and a real miserable/angry f*cker. The tight b*stards left just one can of cat food. The cat hated kids and there was 3 young ones around with us.
It would hide on the stairs and swipe the kids as they walked past through the banister rails, claws out. Would also run out from under tables, bite and scratch ankles.

We had to rehome it after some close calls with the kids eyes when it got them through the bannister rails.

The cat's name was Morticia!

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
We had a strange situation with a cat in the last house we lived in. A week or so before we were due to move in we had a call from the estate agent. Sounded a bit sheepish and said they had an unusual request for us. The owners had an old cat and couldn't take it with them so wondered if they could leave it in the house and if we would take it on. If not, they would have it put down. We hadn't discussed if we would have a cat when we moved but felt a bit compelled, didn't want to think it would be put down.

So moved in and there is the cat, properly old and a real miserable/angry f*cker. The tight b*stards left just one can of cat food. The cat hated kids and there was 3 young ones around with us.
It would hide on the stairs and swipe the kids as they walked past through the banister rails, claws out. Would also run out from under tables, bite and scratch ankles.

We had to rehome it after some close calls with the kids eyes when it got them through the bannister rails.

The cat's name was Morticia!

Regardless of the cat being a grumpy old thing, it's bit lousy to desert an old cat and to foist him on new owners. I see it all the time at the animal shelter, that people treat cats or dogs as something to be dumped if their circumstances change or whatever. A bit low in my opinion. Thank you for re-homing the animal, anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Regardless of the cat being a grumpy old thing, it's bit lousy to desert an old cat and to foist him on new owners. I see it all the time at the animal shelter, that people treat cats or dogs as something to be dumped if their circumstances change or whatever. A bit low in my opinion. Thank you for re-homing the animal, anyway.
Cats are more attached to places, than people. Lots of them try to return to a previous house after a move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here