Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Croydon cat killer suspected of killing 450!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I like cats but i do think there are too many and they cause a lot of damage to wildlife. I live in Woodingdean and would like to see semi rural areas like it to be cat free, restricting them to more urban areas. I am not advocating some cat killing spree just a rethink on ownership which would be introduced over time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's a couple of nasty little cat-shit producing machines that relish despoiling my garden and hunting wildlife therein that I would gladly petrify and post to Favershan - in fact, TBH, I'd be happy to just petrify them.
Despiccable litlle furry serial killers!

Again, what’s that got to do with criminal cruelty?

I worked with a really angry cat hater (like you). The non funny thing was that he was also very angry and hateful about many other things in this world. For example anyone who differed with his bitter political views, or liked any of the many football clubs he loathed, successful colleagues, women who had no interest in him.

Shudder.

6A33A131-AA3E-44FC-AE5C-433F98F9DE9C.png

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like cats but i do think there are too many and they cause a lot of damage to wildlife. I live in Woodingdean and would like to see semi rural areas like it to be cat free, restricting them to more urban areas. I am not advocating some cat killing spree just a rethink on ownership which would be introduced over time.
The clear difference, you have a logical argument and you wouldn’t harm any creature.

Whilst this thread always attracts some nutters with some barely veiled nasty cowardice. I’m not exaggerating, I knew two different people who harmed other peoples pets when out of sight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There's a couple of nasty little cat-shit producing machines that relish despoiling my garden and hunting wildlife therein that I would gladly petrify and post to Favershan - in fact, TBH, I'd be happy to just petrify them.
Despiccable litlle furry serial killers!
You are a vegetarian I presume? Or also a 'serial killer'?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Again, what’s that got to do with criminal cruelty?

I worked with a really angry cat hater (like you). The non funny thing was that he was also very angry and hateful about many other things in this world. For example anyone who differed with his bitter political views, or liked any of the many football clubs he loathed, successful colleagues, women who had no interest in him.

Shudder.

View attachment 158704
Must have been terrible for you, working with someone like that. Fancy having to work with someone who didn't like the same things as you. That's disgraceful.

Hope the therapy's helped with the trauma!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You are a vegetarian I presume? Or also a 'serial killer'?
I don't eat cats. Ever. Not at all. Is that sufficient to mollify the outrage of a cat-lover springing to the defence of his murderous little friends?

P.S. In England, amongst normal people, choices aren't normally that binary. Just letting you know..............

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Must have been terrible for you, working with someone like that. Fancy having to work with someone who didn't like the same things as you. That's disgraceful.

It’s a bit weird though, isn’t it? Cheering on the mutilation of animals? Not to mention the suffering caused to the owners.

I’m not a big fan of cats or a lot of their owners to be honest, but I’d not want to see either in distress.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't eat cats. Ever. Not at all. Is that sufficient to mollify the outrage of a cat-lover springing to the defence of his murderous little friends?
Cats rarely eat humans either so no its not quite enough to ride out to the defense of people who torture animals.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Often said, someone cruel/hateful to animals, says a lot about the person …. all vile.

Your guard was dropped. You revealed yourself to be an angry man with a nasty streak.

Not a good look.

[The colleague was roundly mocked for putting holes in walls at work, boasting about killing animals, borderline violence ay work. Not your average bloke 😀].

Hopefully you’ve never channelled that anger in actually hurting a cat. That would be cowardly and weird.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Often said, someone cruel/hateful to animals, says a lot about the person …. all vile.

Your guard was dropped. You revealed yourself to be an angry man with a nasty streak.

Not a good look.

[The colleague was roundly mocked for putting holes in walls at work, boasting about killing animals, borderline violence ay work. Not your average bloke 😀].

Hopefully you’ve never channelled that anger in actually hurting a cat. That would be cowardly and weird.
Vile is an understatement.

Its the strongest indicator of psychopathy, by far. You'll struggle to find a serial killer who didn't start his days torturing animals.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Its the strongest indicator of psychopathy, by far. You'll struggle to find a serial killer who didn't start his days torturing animals.

I’ve never owned a dog, probably never will, but I really like them. That view isn’t affected by dog attacks on humans and dogs … quite a big thing in the UK just now eg a friend’s dog was badly mauled. I don’t hate foxes and magpies for attacking easy prey.

All God’s creatures. Be kind to all animals as much as you can or at worst be indifferent.

Being humane.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Not a good look.

Oh ffs! Don't be such a prat. I don't like cats - nasty viscious creatures that kill for pleasure as well as for food (maybe occasionally when the besotted fools that think they own them don't give them enough pussy treats, but no, usually just for fun). I don't like cats. I don't like Jehovah's witnesses bothering me on my doorstep either.....................................

...................... but, I don't kill them either - get it? Just try to fix it in to your cat-loving brain that people who don't like cats are no more despiccable morons than the people who gush over their beloved pussy and get all hissy when somebody doesn't share their blind adoration!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Utter bollocks.
You'd struggle to fin a serial killer who didn't at sometime kick a football around the playground with his mates.

Well ............................ YOU might.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Cats cannot be trained like dogs, which is why there is no legislation against cats like there is dogs.

Get rid of cats and you'll have a far worse problem with mice & rats.

This maniac is killing cats and then mutilating them. The police and psychologists fear he will go further and move onto humans, but all you can do is victim blame.
I have two cats and Saltdean is too close for comfort.
I hope he's caught very soon.

Your middle point doesn't get the focus it deserves. Facts are, without cats the people in this thread making anti-cat remarks would have f**in' rats making comfortable homes in their pantries and larders. A veritable explosion of vermin.

As for the maniac.....an old fashioned slow death by a thousand cuts would be entirely appropriate if they are caught but in this namby pamby western world six months in a gaol with three meals a day and access to the exercise yard would be the likely outcome.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh ffs! Don't be such a prat. I don't like cats - nasty viscious creatures that kill for pleasure as well as for food (maybe occasionally when the besotted fools that think they own them don't give them enough pussy treats, but no, usually just for fun). I don't like cats. I don't like Jehovah's witnesses bothering me on my doorstep either.....................................

...................... but, I don't kill them either - get it? Just try to fix it in to your cat-loving brain that people who don't like cats are no more despiccable morons than the people who gush over their beloved pussy and get all hissy when somebody doesn't share their blind adoration!
I don't think anyone is accusing you of killing cats or Jehova's witnesses for that matter.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Utter bollocks.
You'd struggle to fin a serial killer who didn't at sometime kick a football around the playground with his mates.

Well ............................ YOU might.
Not bollocks:

There's pretty much no serial killers today for unknown reasons but in the peak ages of that phenomenon 40-50 years ago, people who were known to be cruel to animals were high up the list of suspects. For good reasons. Jeffrey Dahmer is a prime example of one out of MANY serial killers who tortured animals in his youth.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Your middle point doesn't get the focus it deserves. Facts are, without cats the people in this thread making anti-cat remarks would have f**in' rats making comfortable homes in their pantries and larders. A veritable explosion of vermin.

As for the maniac.....an old fashioned slow death by a thousand cuts would be entirely appropriate if they are caught but in this namby pamby western world six months in a gaol with three meals a day and access to the exercise yard would be the likely outcome.
Cats really don't hunt a lot of rats. I think there's been a lot of studies showing they have little to no impact on rat populations. Mice, birds, rabbits... sure. But rats give cats a good fight which makes cats usually prefer to kill other prey if available.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Cats really don't hunt a lot of rats. I think there's been a lot of studies showing they have little to no impact on rat populations. Mice, birds, rabbits... sure. But rats give cats a good fight which makes cats usually prefer to kill other prey if available.

Swedish cats maybe. Aussie cats have a taste for rat meat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here