Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowds of 15kish next season! How will it affect you?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The people not renewing probably would not even know if we signed 6 players! I think people on this board have misjudged the commitment of the newer fans,a hell of alot were on board for prem football,two playoffs kept them renewing.:moo:

I think you are right.
Many s/t holders who signed up in 2011 and 2012 were not die-hard supporters, and thousands of these have, already over the last year or two, or are about to, give up their s/t's. They were swept along with the building of the amazing Amex, the 2011 Champions team and some decent signings in those heady days (Vicente, Buckley, etc). They will go back to being armchair Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski fans, or just people who weren't fanatical about football in the first place.

We are talking about many thousands in total.

Most of these will have very little interest in buying a dozen or more matchday tickets per season at the Amex. The Albion are not big in their lives.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ultimately until we know how the team are going to play next and which part of the table we will be sitting in no-one has any idea of attendances. Attendances are directly linked to team performance. If we continue to struggle next year then they will be low. If we are pushing for promotion they will be higher. Given that it really is as simple as that, this thread is bollocks.

Obviously their are exceptions to this like PPF who doesn't go because its not 1982 anymore.

stevie17

Banned
Oct 29, 2014
Hertfordshire
cant see as low as 15k next season.we got 21k season ticket-holders and CH is/has turned things around.BHA have always had a regular core of 22k to 25k minimum.we have a vast catchment area,and if we go well next term under hughton (ie top 6 or higher) crowds will increase on this season.COYS!!

Jan 30, 2008
Ultimately until we know how the team are going to play next and which part of the table we will be sitting in no-one has any idea of attendances. Attendances are directly linked to team performance. If we continue to struggle next year then they will be low. If we are pushing for promotion they will be higher. Given that it really is as simple as that, this thread is bollocks.

Obviously their are exceptions to this like PPF who doesn't go because its not 1982 anymore.
still spewing crap from the southern hemisphere, ha ha what a din :facepalm:
regards
DR

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But your not stumping up the shortfall are you?:moo:

I get a few seasons tickets every season just to keep the club going.

Maybe you and PPF can dust off your canary yellow jumbo lois cords, borrow them and pretend its the good old days again.

I get a few seasons tickets every season just to keep the club going.

Maybe you and PPF can dust off your canary yellow jumbo lois cords, borrow them and pretend its the good old days again.

Its not my fault the crowds are dropping,i'm just very concerned that with crowds of 27k we lost over 10 million which means we would need an average of over 32k to beak even! The thought of getting 18k paying customers leaves a huge short fall. The figures are a bit ish but not far off the mark! A donkey jacket with the clash on the back was the look back then:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its not my fault the crowds are dropping,i'm just very concerned that with crowds of 27k we lost over 10 million which means we would need an average of over 32k to beak even! The thought of getting 18k paying customers leaves a huge short fall. The figures are a bit ish but not far off the mark! A donkey jacket with the clash on the back was the look back then:facepalm:

Yawn. Everybody knows our average gates will be above 20,000, above the Championship average, and in our top 10 season average of all time.

Can you now stop bouncing this shìt thread as you really are a tiresome bore. How about starting a thread with a 40 year old photo of you looking like a dork in tight shorts and an ancient Brighton top?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Season tickets or matchday tickets are such a small proportion of the clubs income, I doubt that Tony Bloom is losing much sleep over it. We were 8 million in debt for the last published figures. A couple of thousand season tickets won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things.
Stop trying to kid us that you're really concerned.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I'd try not to worry about it if I were you ........ either that or use it to start a few fishing threads so you can get your kicks.

Either way don't let it keep you up at night

I'd try not to worry about it if I were you ........ either that or use it to start a few fishing threads so you can get your kicks.

Either way don't let it keep you up at night

I thought the not worrying and ignoring thing is what we did during the 90's and we all know where that took us???

Attachments

• scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 181

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I thought the not worrying and ignoring thing is what we did during the 90's and we all know where that took us???

good grief, really?????

Like I said I would try not to worry. Although if you are finding parallels between now and then, then i think you maybe too far gone for that.

Still these threads are fun aren't they.

No, What? wait.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

You've actually compared a few thousand not renewing to us losing the Goldstone.

*slow clap*

Didn't think you had it in you to be quite so insane. I underestimated you. Bravo.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You've actually compared a few thousand not renewing to us losing the Goldstone.

*slow clap*

Didn't think you had it in you to be quite so insane. I underestimated you. Bravo.

The trouble is: where do you go from here?

How do you top this?

Maybe it is time to retire .... the Retirement of the Rev has a certain ring to it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The trouble is: where do you go from here?

How do you top this?

Maybe it is time to retire .... the Retirement of the Rev has a certain ring to it.
Working his way downwards each time until the triumph of predicting crowds of zero ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The thought of getting 18k paying customers leaves a huge short fall. The figures are a bit ish but not far off the mark!

They are miles off the mark. and definitely ish. This would mean a drop in paying customers in one season of 8K for 2015/16.
It could happen but as i've said before it would be unprecedented in the history of the championship, and no club (bar Coventry who lost their ground) had anything like such a drop last season in the entire football league.
I would love to see some data, evidence , precedents for this in the last 25 years of football attendances.
Show us your working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here