Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crofts signing today [4:30 announcement]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don't like the sound of our number 1 target even though no one has a clue who he is? How does that work or has someone on this thread said that they do know who our main target is?
No, we don't know, there's been no hint. But some have been told that the backup is a loan option, and they've said it's a great one, so perhaps that's better than getting our first choice. People are simply worried the permanent deal will be a let down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, we don't know, there's been no hint. But some have been told that the backup is a loan option, and they've said it's a great one, so perhaps that's better than getting our first choice. People are simply worried the permanent deal will be a let down.

You've got to love NSC, because we don't know who the main target is we'd rather go with the loan signing because we DO know who it is and he's exciting? Yet I read that the loan signing is a backup so I'd assume the main target is gonna be pretty good too?. Do we not trust Gus any more? :lol:

Can someone let me know who the backup is? Pretty please??

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If it is Lukaku then,

a) Christ the main target must be seriously something!

b) I think on the very little I have seen of the kid that he might take a few games to get up to speed but once he did he would destroy this division! Even the few minutes he had Saturday he looked a real threat I thought.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'd like to think that if the loan player that is secured is a top player, we wouldn't sign a clodhopper instead to a 3 year deal.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Even if posting the name would be breaking a confidence, or in the worst case, actually affect the club's realtionship with another club by private info being leaked out before it was planned to be released?

If our source wanted to share the name at this point, he could have posted it on here himself. Because he didn't, we'll assume he does not want it made public right now.

What we can share, for the benefit of fellow Albion fans is that things are moving behind the scenes to get a striker in, and the quality of the player(s) involved is very exciting.

But, I think we all already guessed that much! I understand why you cannot say names though.

I know Gus wants a perm signing who will be "around for two or three years", rather than a loan signing. Can you confirm the loan signing is young, expensive and needs game time in English football?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's going to be Heskey isn't it.

I really would not have a problem with a player with International experience who can win the ball, hold it up and give us some muscle up front. I can't believe how unrealistically high our expectations have become in a year. :rolleyes:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You've got to love NSC, because we don't know who the main target is we'd rather go with the loan signing because we DO know who it is and he's exciting? Yet I read that the loan signing is a backup so I'd assume the main target is gonna be pretty good too?. Do we not trust Gus any more? :lol:

Can someone let me know who the backup is? Pretty please??

It may not follow that the main perm target is a better player, or even comparable, just Gus has a preference for a perm deal?

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Even if posting the name would be breaking a confidence, or in the worst case, actually affect the club's realtionship with another club by private info being leaked out before it was planned to be released?

If our source wanted to share the name at this point, he could have posted it on here himself. Because he didn't, we'll assume he does not want it made public right now.

What we can share, for the benefit of fellow Albion fans is that things are moving behind the scenes to get a striker in, and the quality of the player(s) involved is very exciting.

Fair do's

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone please just promise me that in no way, shape or form is DAVE KITSON involved?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I'd like to think that if the loan player that is secured is a top player, we wouldn't sign a clodhopper instead to a 3 year deal.
Exactly. Love NSC :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can someone please just promise me that in no way, shape or form is DAVE KITSON involved?
That is a promise I cannot make. Sorry.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You don't like the sound of our number 1 target even though no one has a clue who he is? How does that work or has someone on this thread said that they do know who our main target is?

THIS! If the backup is mustard, then the perm deal the club is working on is probably just as good, if not better...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It may not follow that the main perm target is a better player, or even comparable, just Gus has a preference for a perm deal?

I'd take the loan target if he's top draw, have a better chance at promotion and then spend £10 mill on a striker next year with our Prem money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here