Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Millwall

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Putting aside the stupid antics, I thought they did a very professional job on us for the majority of the game. Very quick to close us down all over the pitch particularly putting our strange defence under a lot of pressure. The long balls that resulted were always going to be won by them given the size of their team. Buckley although disappointing for a lot of the game was very well marshalled by them, lots of times there were 2 on him with another covering behind should he get through. Wood showed our strikers just how to do it, 1 chance which he took and then a worldy goal out of nowhere.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Thought we were poor first half which made them look good, but in the last 20 minutes thought we were far better side and deserved a point. Felt like a win IMHO.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
looked solid all over the park, Trotter and Bridcutt had a good battle which I think Liam won which just goes to show you how good a player he is, they looked a reallyu usefull side and will win a lot more than they lose for the rest of the season, they WILL finish above Brighton this season.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And we've taken 4 points off them this season and they are in the top third of the table :mad:

Last season they finished 16th and we took 2 points off them! Progress made

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Did you go ?

They scored two good goals but apart from that did very little and their collective play acting was a disgrace. The Albion struck the wood work three times & had a "goal" not given. Millwall were lucky to get a point in the end.

this :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They are the surprise packet for me this season. Have got some triffic results considering their financial constraints. Good point for us in the middle of a frustrating series of incompetent finishing, penalty misses and unnecessary red cards and conceding in the 95th minute are starting to piss me off.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
i thought they played really well and unlucky not to get all 3 points

Were you at the game?

They were a solid, workman like team with a lot of energy initially in the first half. Gus made a balls up with his overloaded defence-minded team selection (although to his credit he corrected that before half time).

They had 3 chances and took 2 of them; we hit the woodwork twice & had multiple chances.

Without their loanee Chris Wood we would have seen them off comfortably.

I lost count of the number of times throughout the second half that they feigned injury to slow the game down as that was their best way to stop us.

"played really well and unlucky not to get all 3 points"? You're dozy.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Were you at the game?

They were a solid, workman like team with a lot of energy initially in the first half. Gus made a balls up with his overloaded defence-minded team selection (although to his credit he corrected that before half time).

They had 3 chances and took 2 of them; we hit the woodwork twice & had multiple chances.

I lost count of the number of times throughout the second half that they feigned injury to slow the game down as that was their best way to stop us.

Well you clearly weren't at the game. We were utter cack for an hour, and scraped a draw playing 'okay' (no better) for the last half an hour.

Millwall were solid, took their goals very well, and looked confident like a team that has lost one in 15/16 or whatever it is should be.

Don't confuse their time-wasting and feigning injury (which was certainly very bad last night) with their actual play, which was decent.

They have a squad that was put together at a fraction of the cost of ours, and yet they are starting to have strength in depth, Henry, Taylor, Feeney are all decent wingers, Trotter would get in our side, Wood would lead the line very well, and even Keogh on the bench I'd take ahead of a few of our strikers.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Thought we were poor first half which made them look good, but in the last 20 minutes thought we were far better side and deserved a point. Felt like a win IMHO.

This, with us trying to punt it over the top they were going to win the ball pretty much everytime so made them look better, I think there team would be better suited to rugby based on their size and manhandling. On that performance I was underwhelmed by Milllwall and I am very much in the 2 points lost not 1 point gained camp we should be winning these games at home.
Credit where credits due though 2 well taken goals so they did what they needed to.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Shittu is error prone though, he might be big & dominant most of the time, but he is capable of some shockers.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes. Not 24th, or 20th, or 16th, or even 9th.

The best team is first. Simple as that. We are nowhere near the best team in this division. Cardiff and palace are a lot better! So are middlesborough. Ipswich beat millwall 3-0, we drew and were the best team they've played? :lolol: open your eyes Kenny!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Were you at the game?

They had 3 chances and took 2 of them; we hit the woodwork twice & had multiple chances. yeh was at the game

yeh i was at the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here