Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit to Millwall

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well you clearly weren't at the game. We were utter cack for an hour, and scraped a draw playing 'okay' (no better) for the last half an hour.

Millwall were solid, took their goals very well, and looked confident like a team that has lost one in 15/16 or whatever it is should be.

Don't confuse their time-wasting and feigning injury (which was certainly very bad last night) with their actual play, which was decent.

They have a squad that was put together at a fraction of the cost of ours, and yet they are starting to have strength in depth, Henry, Taylor, Feeney are all decent wingers, Trotter would get in our side, Wood would lead the line very well, and even Keogh on the bench I'd take ahead of a few of our strikers.

If, as you say, "we were utter cack for an hour" and Millwall could only draw with us (and create far fewer chances) then presumably they were at least as cacky as us

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
W and even Keogh on the bench I'd take ahead of a few of our strikers.

The only bit of luck we had all night. Keogh is no great stakes but he is better than Vokes . Both came from Wolves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Were you at the game?

They were a solid, workman like team with a lot of energy initially in the first half. Gus made a balls up with his overloaded defence-minded team selection (although to his credit he corrected that before half time).

They had 3 chances and took 2 of them; we hit the woodwork twice & had multiple chances.

Without their loanee Chris Wood we would have seen them off comfortably.

I lost count of the number of times throughout the second half that they feigned injury to slow the game down as that was their best way to stop us.

"played really well and unlucky not to get all 3 points"? You're dozy.

That is the most accurate summing up of the game and Millwall to my mind. Why did their keeper go down simulating an injury surely the ref could and should have seen through that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here