Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crawley Town no longer officially exist

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder how long before the big beard NFT bolleaux cryptobros owners decide to cut their losses. I'll give it til January - and that poor sap of a manager til September :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear. Not the dream start weird beard cryptobros new owners would 'of' been hoping for

Screenshot_20220820-180131_Chrome.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went today.

Mrs LLF shopping in Creepy so, son in law and I went to watch the football.

I can understand why Crawley are nearly bottom, very poor.

The Wimbledon number 7, Nathan Young-Coombes, on the other hand, rather good. 19 years old and will go far, a good goal, and was a handful until he had to be substituted cos Crawley were kicking him up in the air.

The real Dos second goal was a very good free kick, worth the admission on its own.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear. Crawley made Grimsby look marginally less shite than usual yesterday and hit rock bottom again. We Are All Gonna Make It? Suspect Kevin Betsy won't make it to the end of the month :wave:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I would worry with Crawley that if they dropped into the National League they may never come back

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I would worry with Crawley that if they dropped into the National League they may never come back

I think its as certain as night follows day they would fold. If teams with much larger support like Wrexham cant get back in I think it will be impossible for them to get back. Worthing on the other hand could make it in 5 or 6 years.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

My ageing father whooped :clap:with delight when I told him the Crawley result on Saturday as we went to the game. He won't forget that they wouldn't entertain the Albion in our hour of need. (awaits NSC informing me that Crawley FC were not to blame for this )

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My ageing father whooped :clap:with delight when I told him the Crawley result on Saturday as we went to the game. He won't forget that they wouldn't entertain the Albion in our hour of need. (awaits NSC informing me that Crawley FC were not to blame for this)

Happy to oblige ......................

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think its as certain as night follows day they would fold. If teams with much larger support like Wrexham cant get back in I think it will be impossible for them to get back. Worthing on the other hand could make it in 5 or 6 years.

Crawley won't fold! they have been in existence since 1896, that's five years longer than the Albion, and for nearly all of that time have quite happily been plying their trade outside of the Football League, so are very well equipped to return to that level should they have to. They play at the Broadfield Stadium, rented from the local council at advantageous rates, and should relegation come along the wage bill will reduce substantially. In fact sad though it may sound, relegation out of the league may well suit them.

You say that it's as certain as night follows day that they will fold. What a bizarre statement. It makes me wonder how much you actually know about non-league football.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crawley won't fold! they have been in existence since 1896, that's five years longer than the Albion, and for nearly all of that time have quite happily been plying their trade outside of the Football League, so are very well equipped to return to that level should they have to. They play at the Broadfield Stadium, rented from the local council at advantageous rates, and should relegation come along the wage bill will reduce substantially. In fact sad though it may sound, relegation out of the league may well suit them.

You say that it's as certain as night follows day that they will fold. What a bizarre statement. It makes me wonder how much you actually know about non-league football.

I would "guess" that plying your trade for decades in non-league football is a lot easier than coming up to the football league and going back to non-league. The administrative bill, people and maintenance, will be higher, they'll have assets they need to look after and they will have ongoing commitments they can't just drop, I think longevity and sustainability count for nothing if there's an HMRC bill or other creditor that needs paying and they can't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here