Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Game

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I met Stockdale and Goldson in the the hospitality suite at half time. Stockdale was wearing club training kit with no visible sign of any injury. I think it was a toe operation but just wearing trainers and looked comfortable Connor was wearing a brace on his lower left leg so looks a fair way off.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I notice Mark Beeneys boy was in goal for Crawley first half.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back, typical friendly run-out, but good to see everyone in action again. Good turnout from our fans 900+ apparently, and considerably noisier than previous friendlies at Crawley.

First half, fairly comfortable though Crawley did create a couple of opportunities from long range. Our first goal was quite sublime and Kayal sold a fantastic dummy before scoring. Hemed calmly put away a second before half-time, and generally everyone looked good.

Rob Hunt at right back was excellent, both defensively and going forward. Bong looked fit.

Second half saw different 11. Murray scored almost immediately, when he shrugged off a couple of defenders and fired home. Knockaert was class throughout and really put in a shift closing players down, often overtaking the stationery Manu.

Manu, was very poor IMO, had two really easy chances and it seemed like the rest of the squad were trying to set him up, but he was just hopeless. He doesn't get off the ground when he tries to jump, has little or no pace (that was always a NSC myth), and although he did score, his finishing is woeful. His first touch is more County league than championship.

However, one piece of good news for Manu, he has revised hard during the summer and now seems to understand the off-side rule.

Joking aside, for his sake (and ours) I do hope he moves elsewhere and gets his career back on track, he is just out of his depth (or so it seems).

A word for Crawley who were considerably better than last year, I don't think they'll challenge but should be mid-table I would think.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just back, typical friendly run-out, but good to see everyone in action again. Good turnout from our fans 900+ apparently, and considerably noisier than previous friendlies at Crawley.

First half, fairly comfortable though Crawley did create a couple of opportunities from long range. Our first goal was quite sublime and Kayal sold a fantastic dummy before scoring. Hemed calmly put away a second before half-time, and generally everyone looked good.

Rob Hunt at right back was excellent, both defensively and going forward. Bong looked fit.

Second half saw different 11. Murray scored almost immediately, when he shrugged off a couple of defenders and fired home. Knockaert was class throughout and really put in a shift closing players down, often overtaking the stationery Manu.

Manu, was very poor IMO, had two really easy chances and it seemed like the rest of the squad were trying to set him up, but he was just hopeless. He doesn't get off the ground when he tries to jump, has little or no pace (that was always a NSC myth), and although he did score, his finishing is woeful. His first touch is more County league than championship.

However, one piece of good news for Manu, he has revised hard during the summer and now seems to understand the off-side rule.

Joking aside, for his sake (and ours) I do hope he moves elsewhere and gets his career back on track, he is just out of his depth (or so it seems).

A word for Crawley who were considerably better than last year, I don't think they'll challenge but should be mid-table I would think.

I just asked about Ben Hall (obviously as ex Motherwell) - Was told he got 45 mins in 1st half and did OK.....Your thought on him ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I just asked about Ben Hall (obviously as ex Motherwell) - Was told he got 45 mins in 1st half and did OK.....Your thought on him ?

He was okay, nothing more. He doesn't have the typical build of a CB and doesn't look the fastest. Personally I think Ben White and Tom Dallison looked better prospects, but of course that is all on the basis of 45 mins......... I'm sure he'll develop this season and hopefully 'kick-on'.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He was okay, nothing more. He doesn't have the typical build of a CB and doesn't look the fastest. Personally I think Ben White and Tom Dallison looked better prospects, but of course that is all on the basis of 45 mins......... I'm sure he'll develop this season and hopefully 'kick-on'.

That was the word that was used to me as well but new team mates and so on so I am sure he will kick on too as time goes by

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

That's a pretty fair report of the game, and probably 2/3rds more support than last summer, although that was a midweeker. Crawley's no.11 looked handy. I think you give too much praise to Manu, he's worse than that! Enjoyed the game if only to see Murray back in the Brighton shirt and scoring with literally his first touch. And Knocky, what can you say about that guy? Played like it was a play off final, bloke oozes sexy soccer. Him and Bruno are such a vital link up down the right. Now to decide if I go to Aldershot, decisions, decisions.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Watching the livestream I though Bjordal had a decent half he seems a tricky type. Quite a poor free kick from Knockeart late on in the game. Lua Lua failed to impress. Still its early days and all round it was a decent win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here