Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone, please be honest

Craig Noone sold to Cardiff for £1m+. What were your thoughts at the time.

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does Orlandi not count? I'd take Orlandi over Noone.

Orlandi and David Lopez arrived as Noone left so was obviously in the middle of coming here before Noone left so not really a replacement. Also he is a different type player than Noone which was a straight choice between him and Lua Lua. Had Noone failed to agree terms with Cardiff we would have had all 3 of them.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Orlandi and Lopez are better all round players than Noone, and have made bigger contributions to the team over the season than Noone would have consistently I think. Noone is such a hit and miss player.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I didn't think he'd play much given that Buckley and Spanish Dave are also right wingers. How much did we receive, was it £1.3m?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Up until Ulloa signed would agree, would take Spanish Len all day long though :)

Took us 18 moths to find Len and 2 million but what a find. Bennett we made another great profit on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can you settle a pointless argument on the 'our squad' thread.

Craig Noone the player.

When the business was done, did you think we won or lost on the deal.

I would have a look for some threads to back up my point that it wasn't a vocal few who thought we was robbed, but I'm in the middle of something.

This isn't about Noone the fella, top bloke and all, that is not up for debate.
Purely football at the time of the move, so not with hindsight, was it good or bad for the club

Dog with a (Noone not very good) bone, you've now carried on your one man squabble on another thread.

When Noone was definitely staying, few slagged his play, in contrast to quite a few other players (Barnes, CMS, Greer, Calderon, Harley, Painter, and so it goes on).

Inevitably, the moment he left out of the woodwork came the "no end product, good riddance" brigade.

When we missed games, we lent our tickets to fans of PL clubs, and with no bias, they came away impressed with Noone.

Just cannot recall many saying the excellent Mackay had wasted £1m. He being a better judge than the history rewriters.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I didn't think he'd play much given that Buckley and Spanish Dave are also right wingers. How much did we receive, was it £1.3m?

Poyet played Noone down the left. Had a grand stand view of him turning mass ranks of defenders on their right inside out, creating space elsewhere.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Took us 18 moths to find Len and 2 million but what a find. Bennett we made another great profit on.

OMG. The Wenger school of £profits over achievements that players and fans will never forget.

Thank Christ TB and Gus like spending.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dog with a (Noone not very good) bone, you've now carried on your one man squabble on another thread.

When Noone was definitely staying, few slagged his play, in contrast to quite a few other players (Barnes, CMS, Greer, Calderon, Harley, Painter, and so it goes on).

Inevitably, the moment he left out of the woodwork came the "no end product, good riddance" brigade.

When we missed games, we lent our tickets to fans of PL clubs, and with no bias, they came away impressed with Noone.

Just cannot recall many saying the excellent Mackay had wasted £1m. He being a better judge than the history rewriters.
If there was the slightest doubt in my mind, that the majority of NSC Albion fans were angered by Noone being sold, I would have left alone.

But there isn't.

when Noone went we were pleased with the business because CN was the third choice winger in a team playing one winger.
The reason for him being third choice was because he had no end product.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
If there was the slightest doubt in my mind, that the majority of NSC Albion fans were angered by Noone being sold, I would have left alone.

But there isn't.

when Noone went we were pleased with the business because CN was the third choice winger in a team playing one winger.
The reason for him being third choice was because he had no end product.

"We". You only speak for yourself.

No end product .... answers on a postcard regarding LuaLua. His season's, or any season's, TOTAL contribution, please?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We sold Noone, for very close to the figure we paid for Ulloa.

Anyone who thinks that is anything other than amazingly good business needs their head read.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think we did very well out of the deal. Noone had lost it with us and was completely innefective for the last half of last season.

After a good start at Cardiff many questioned if we'd made a mistake. He now doesnt even play and seems pretty innefective at Cardiff too. Case closed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Murray has stopped scoring now he has a new 3 and a half year contract.....rather have Ulloa anyday

We all know that he is in a temporary minor slump and will come good before the end of the season. We all hope he has lost it permanently but sadly he will return to form.

I also think Ulloa is a far better player-well worth the wait.

Last edited:

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
The deal for Noone was a good deal for the club and for him but we should have replaced him with somebody good enough for the bench at least. Perhaps in the long term we have with Dickinson but he isn't ready yet.

Noone and Dickenson are completely different players. Noone is a winger, Ben is a striker.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Not once this season have I watched us and thought "if only we had Nooney in the side". Great guy and good player but we really don't miss him in the team. As lots of people have said already win-win for all concerned.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
"We". You only speak for yourself.

No end product .... answers on a postcard regarding LuaLua. His season's, or any season's, TOTAL contribution, please?

No he doesnt... look at the poll and other comments. I really liked Noone but his leaving was a good bit of business for everyone. It is doubtful he would start on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here