Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Main point to me was that CMS lookeds much better whenngiven quick ball where he can use his pace
Our usual turgid build up does not suit Craig's game

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Main point to me was that CMS lookeds much better whenngiven quick ball where he can use his pace

My thoughts entirely, the man has lightning pace which scares the shit out of defenders but never gets a chance to use it, our tippy- tappy build up play is too slow, all the defenders are back: every now and then we should sling in a through ball for him to chase like we had to yesterday, unsettled the defenders normal used to heading crosses clear, we need more variety in our play - an amazing effort all round yesterday and fabulous atmosphere (most enjoyable 1-0 defeat I've seen!!).

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
God almighty plays for the Albion !!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

100% spot on fella !!!!!

goodoldsussexbythesea

North Stand STH
Sep 2, 2011
Westdene
Agree with the fact that he needs to score more, but he needs someone to compliment him up top, he is nowhere near as effective on his own, also we need a creative midfielder in Jan, mentioning no names... *cough* George Boyd *cough*

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
This we didnt pay 3.5 million for him to run around alot.

Well we didnt pay 3.5 million for him whatsoever, £2.5 million.

If he got the service he probably expected, that which Murray and Barnes got last season, he'd be prolific.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Regrettably, unless he starts getting the service his work rate and talent deserves, I can see him moving on in the summer.

Well we didnt pay 3.5 million for him whatsoever, £2.5 million.

If he got the service he probably expected, that which Murray and Barnes got last season, he'd be prolific.

2.5 million up front rising to 3.5 million dependant on appearances - he doesnt miss many games....

wiltshire seagull

Jun 26, 2010
Top, top player, end of. 100% every week, an absolute Albion leg-end already.... Thanks for taking the trouble to come round the stadium after the game & applaud the fans again!!! Happy Crimble one & all............

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
There's a chap i play football with sometimes called Kevin. He is a slender-looking bloke before he turns sideways and reveals his enormous beer-belly. A tottenham fan from Birmingham, but we'll let that pass. Overall, he's not very good at football, Kevin, but he doesn't half try. Now, i am not relating to Kevin to CMS in terms of skill, but more that when i play football against Kevin i can hear his heavy-panting as he chases me down once more. That is a similar sound that must arrive in Championship defenders' ears when CMS goes into one of his sessions and utterly poop themselves. WHAT THE f*** IS THAT? i bet they think before turning and seeing this little-legged monster sprinting at them and nibbling for 10 minutes or so at their heels at first and then any other part of their body he can get a hold of. Always hard-working and a complete necessity for the team. He's only been with us for a few months so he has to find his place in the team and us keep working out better where he'll be and how to feed him. I imagine him here for an age and to relish performing for the 20k of us who love his ardour and intentions. As long as he has faith as long as Gus does, then we'll be alright.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Made 2 chances out of very little yestersay. Absolute class act and gave it his all. Superb.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
2.5 million up front rising to 3.5 million dependant on appearances - he doesnt miss many games....

Rises to 3.25 million to be pedantic, and that's not based on appearances, fairly certain it was based on promotion and/or goals scored.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
no because of below

This we didnt pay 3.5 million for him to run around alot.

and I don't think he joined the club expecting to do everything up front for himself but it doesn't stop him, does it? - see earlier poster - re having to chase his own knockdowns... ??? :shrug: :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here