Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
that's just silly :nono: :glare:

why? IMO he was signed to score goals - he hasnt scored enough goals. He runs around alot and i love him unconditionally for that. What was interesting was that for the first time yesterday we used him how he was used at Peterboro - balls over the top. He should never be playing with his back to the goal. I hope Gus noticed????

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Agree with everyone about his enthusiasm, work rate and commitment but I am becoming concerned about his conversion rate when chances do arrive. I am sure he feels the same as you could see his frustration when he missed that double chance towards the end.
He has mised a few this season when opportunities have been at a premium. I think he will be more concerned about that than any talk about him leaving.

Perhaps you should see it as one would for any 'reasonably supplied' striker, that he would convert x % of balls provided so I don't think you should be too hard on him for missing what he received given the pressure he was under. Were you there yesterday ?

CMS, if not already an Albion legend, will certainly become one !

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Perhaps you should see it as one would for any 'reasonably supplied' striker, that he would convert x % of balls provided so I don't think you should be too hard on him for missing what he received given the pressure he was under. Were you there yesterday ?

CMS, if not already an Albion legend, will certainly become one !
already is punk: :clap:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Did I imagine him fashioning a chance out of nothing on the right, clipping the ball over their keeper and watching it bounce just the wrong side of the post? I only ask because it does not seem to get a mention on the BBC webiste and was not featured on Seagulls Player or the Football League Show yet I thought it was agonisingly close at the time.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Did I imagine him fashioning a chance out of nothing on the right, clipping the ball over their keeper and watching it bounce just the wrong side of the post? I only ask because it does not seem to get a mention on the BBC webiste and was not featured on Seagulls Player or the Football League Show yet I thought it was agonisingly close at the time.

No more to say, CMS is absolutely brilliant and we should all acknowedge this whilst he is at the Albion. Turns in a brilliant shift every time and never fails to acknowledge US the fans.

My MOM yesterday.

I had the priviledge to speak with him at BH in pre season - he is an absolutely top bloke.

Can only hope GP can convince him to stay with us for ever.

Perhaps you should see it as one would for any 'reasonably supplied' striker, that he would convert x % of balls provided so I don't think you should be too hard on him for missing what he received given the pressure he was under. Were you there yesterday ? CMS, if not already an Albion legend, will certainly become one !

What a stupid question - why would I comment on a particular incident in the game if I had not seen it! What percentage of clear cut chances do you think he should convert?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
What a stupid question - why would I comment on a particular incident in the game if I had not seen it! What percentage of clear cut chances do you think he should convert?
He doesn't just stand around waiting for someone to present him with easy, 'clear cut' chances ffs. He creates his own, and makes them for others with his constant work (he doesn't just run around a lot as a dull ugg or two have suggested - there's a point to every one of those runs) and hassling defences - which he's needed to do as so few serious chances are created for him. He came desperately close 3 times on saturday and if he'd had to cover less ground for 80 minutes he might've just had the legs to be an inch more accurate (at least one of those 'clear cut chances' he created entirely on his own btw). His commitment created a goal from nothing to win that godawful game against forest remember but I guess that doesn't impress you as much as if he'd tapped one in himself from a couple of yards out? Monday morning rant over :rant: :dunce: :albion2:

-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here