Craig Davies

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
It's very difficult to tell, this time last year people were saying that we should go for Grant Holt as Norwich would sell because he had been a failure in the Championship, in fact he scored 23 goals in 48 cup and league games last season. We were also told on here that Jamie Cureton was a poor signing for Exeter and would not make an impact, he scored 17 goals in 30 games. I suspect Craig Davies will struggle at Championship level but I hope he surprises us.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Better than Holroyd, Sandaza, Hart, Barnes who are all still at the club, he's had 2 very prolific seasons suggesting is has discovered how to finish, and the rest of his game was already very strong, im not surprised championship clubs have their eye on him, especially as he'd probably have low wage demands.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Peterborough will replace CMS with him, and they will go down. He will then have a half decent season in league one.

Darragh McAnthony the P'boro chairman said after the playoff win, that the new CMS replacement was a done deal and "would break the clubs record transfer fee"

barndoor is on a free. he may end up there but seems P'boro will also bag someone better

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Better than Holroyd, Sandaza, Hart, Barnes who are all still at the club, he's had 2 very prolific seasons suggesting is has discovered how to finish, and the rest of his game was already very strong, im not surprised championship clubs have their eye on him, especially as he'd probably have low wage demands.

The first 3 maybe, Barnes? No chance

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Nope, sorry but my opinion of him hasn't changed despite thinking about it. Where would we have finished in the table if barndoor had hit the target say 1 in 4 of the sitters he missed?

Your opinion might not have changed but your memory certainly has. He missed one or two bad ones which stick in the memory (Northampton - 2 extra points, MK - still would have lost). To suggest that he missed enough chances that a fraction of them might have altered our league position is absolute fantasy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nope, sorry but my opinion of him hasn't changed despite thinking about it. Where would we have finished in the table if barndoor had hit the target say 1 in 4 of the sitters he missed?

We might have had 1 more goal, hardly promotion stuff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barney is still a L2 standard player and playing in L1 or the Championship will show up how crap he is once he loses his confidence again. Only marginally better than Holroyd IMO.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Barney is still a L2 standard player and playing in L1 or the Championship will show up how crap he is once he loses his confidence again. Only marginally better than Holroyd IMO.

What a fantastic sweeping judgement about not one but two players that Albion fans have seen very little of.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The first 3 maybe, Barnes? No chance

This genuinely isn't an anti Barnes fishing trip, I genuinely think that Davies has a better all around game, and since he's been burying so many goals over the last 2 seasons, I'd have to assume he'd easily have put away 20 in our team.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a fantastic sweeping judgement about not one but two players that Albion fans have seen very little of.

Every time I watched Barney play he would miss a couple of sitters along with a couple destined for the corner flags. Holroyd just didn't cut the mustard.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Every time I watched Barney play he would miss a couple of sitters along with a couple destined for the corner flags. Holroyd just didn't cut the mustard.

As I mentioned above, one of us must have a very twisted memory because whilst Davies did miss a couple of glaring ones, I really don't remember this string of missed chances people are going on about.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This genuinely isn't an anti Barnes fishing trip, I genuinely think that Davies has a better all around game, and since he's been burying so many goals over the last 2 seasons, I'd have to assume he'd easily have put away 20 in our team.

Ash is progressing well and he is still a very young player..... next season will make or break him. He may flourish, he may end up like Hoskins did for Watford. I imagine that he will be 3rd striker in Poyets plans at this level?

There is nothing to suggest Ash or Barndoor will either make it or flop at this level, its all speculation

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I liked Davies, People got on his back too early and it effected his performances, he scored goals for fun in League 2 and I reckon he could get double figures in League 1 but Championship might be asking a bit too much.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Cant be arsed to check but didn't he have a good record for Oldham in league 1 before he signed for us?

As others have said Brighton was the wrong place at the wrrong time for him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When did Holroyd score in league one????

Returning from an away trip , the team coach stopped off at the motorway services and he scored with one of the groupies who were also there :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I liked Davies, shame it didn't work out for him. He needed a bit more time and our fans are notoriously fickle and impatient.

But I think to call 7 goals in 24 games for Port Vale two seasons ago prolific is pushing it a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports