Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countdown to Armageddon/Doomsday/Apocalypse/normal day

The Mayans never knew about leap years.....so by their calender it should already be 2013....so clearly we will all be fine. But just incase bunch of people are coming round mine for an end of the world party

There's also plenty of debate as to just how accurate the modern interpretation of the Mayan calendar actually is - as with the Christian timeline tracing back to Jesus' birth, it's been counted backwards to try to get a decent approximation.

That's without even mentioning the fact that the modern-day descendants of the Mayans don't believe that 21st December is the end of the world - they simply see it as the ticking over into the new cycle. It's just a (primarily) Western fascination with the 'end of the world'.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Countdown to Armegeddon ? I'd heard the Americans had bought the rights but will the lovely Rachael go as well.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
There's also plenty of debate as to just how accurate the modern interpretation of the Mayan calendar actually is - as with the Christian timeline tracing back to Jesus' birth, it's been counted backwards to try to get a decent approximation.

That's without even mentioning the fact that the modern-day descendants of the Mayans don't believe that 21st December is the end of the world - they simply see it as the ticking over into the new cycle. It's just a (primarily) Western fascination with the 'end of the world'.

Need to keep the world in suspense at all times

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Those bloody Mayans do this every year, you'd have thought they'd have given up by now, after so many spectacularly incorrect predictions.

Nonetheless, I think we should hear what Brunswick, Dingodan and The Truth have to say on the subject.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That was supposed to be just after the closing ceremony of the Olympics.

Maybe they're late.

Oh Christ don't open that can of worms again.

Although did anyone else notice the blatant Illuminati symbolism on the X factor final.........

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh Christ don't open that can of worms again.

Although did anyone else notice the blatant Illuminati symbolism on the X factor final.........

No, principally because I've never watched it on the basis that it's total horseshit. Does that mean I've missed an important sign?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If anyone is concerned maybe they should consider buying a nice new Hyundai, that will put off armageddon for 5 years.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Once this inevitably turns into another epic fail are we then free for a while from ‘end of days’ events – or are they like bloody buses with another one just around the corner.

We heathens need to have some kind of idea so we can plan accordingly.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
December 21st will answer the questions and queries of Father Christmas and his little helpers. The ball will start to roll from that point, later we will find out about other suspicious characters like the Easter Bunny, Bigfoot and the Tooth fairy. At last, we will all then realise that we have been fooled into living for the biggest lie in History meaning the next phycological shift into the next stage of human evolution, will begin.

Last edited:

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
December 21st will answer the questions and queries of Father Christmas and his little helpers. The ball will start to roll from that point, later we will find out about other suspicious characters like the Easter Bunny, Bigfoot and the Tooth fairy. At last, we will all then realise that we have been fooled into living for the biggest lie in History meaning the next phycological shift into the next stage of human evolution, will begin.

Oh crap, I'm off to Lapland on 23 December to see father Christmas. Do you think I'll be able to get a refund if it turns out that he's a fraud?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's nice to know I've got a following.

View attachment 37494

Yes, I see now. That Americanised quote from Gandhi directly refers to the 21st of Dec 2012 and clearly proves me wrong and you right. I would have said the world's perception started to change with the advent of the internet and oppressed people being given an international voice but that doesn't really fit in with the ideology that the conspiracy theorist sheep have ironically gleaned from the internet.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
All you smug gits will look so daft if the world does end on the 21st ..... ile be on here on the 22nd rubbing ya noses in it .................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here