Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Council tax

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seeing this thread pop up again prompted me to check my local councils website….payments sent out today apparently…once received I’ll be squirrelling it away so the heating can be turned on for a few hours next Winter :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't find through googling so thought I'd try here... does it matter if you moved councils through the middle of the tax year? We moved councils in January. Will we just get £150 rebate from our new council?

If you qualify (by band) as at April then surely you will be fine…your move (not really the middle) took place well before the scheme was introduced, they use the council tax system for ‘targetting’ purposes and obviously payment

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If you qualify (by band) as at April then surely you will be fine…your move (not really the middle) took place well before the scheme was introduced, they use the council tax system for ‘targetting’ purposes and obviously payment

Great, thanks - thought that'd be the case but just wanted to check on the fountain of all knowledge that is nsc :thumbsup:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Does anybody know when we will receive our £150 from our local council ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Lucky to get a refund. Band H dont. And my energy bills are high despite the log burners and solar panels. And just to p1ss me off when I paid for the year in cash my bank said firstly they couldnt take all payment in cash (money laundary) then only if i paid by direct debit do i get it. I then got the message I wasnt in the tax band to qualify.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lucky to get a refund. Band H dont. And my energy bills are high despite the log burners and solar panels. And just to p1ss me off when I paid for the year in cash my bank said firstly they couldnt take all payment in cash (money laundary) then only if i paid by direct debit do i get it. I then got the message I wasnt in the tax band to qualify.

So B&H do for those that qualify

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Moaning again, you must live a real put down life

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

I thought you could pay by cash, along with several other methods - never been told there was a money laundering issue.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Being the recipient of the lowest council tax in the country if I get a rebate I'll donate it to charity.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Seeing this thread pop up again prompted me to check my local councils website….payments sent out today apparently…once received I’ll be squirrelling it away so the heating can be turned on for a few hours next Winter :moo:

I found an email in my junk folder from Community Hub (?) I almost deleted it, but decided to check it first. It was to tell me the £150 had been paid into my account.

I'm investing it in a thick roll neck jumper, thermal pants and knee high arctic socks .... maybe a woolly hat if funds allow

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

All councils have been given a substantial amount of cash to organise a 'discretionary' fund to pay the £150 to those who don't qualify for the normal scheme. It's a use it or give it back arrangement so they can't just keep the cash and do nothing. A lot of councils are saying, for example, they'll give £150 to those in receipt of Universal Credit but in bands E-H, but even so they'll still have plenty left over for other scenario's.. It might be worth contacting your local council to see what their discretionary scheme is.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All councils have been given a substantial amount of cash to organise a 'discretionary' fund to pay the £150 to those who don't qualify for the normal scheme. It's a use it or give it back arrangement so they can't just keep the cash and do nothing. A lot of councils are saying, for example, they'll give £150 to those in receipt of Universal Credit but in bands E-H, but even so they'll still have plenty left over for other scenario's.. It might be worth contacting your local council to see what their discretionary scheme is.

if we have discretionary payments back for some in high value properties, seems acknowledgment that asset rich doesnt mean someone doesnt mean someon can pay more. hope thats remembered next time property taxes, wealth taxes come up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Band H property, log burners, solar panels and enough cash sitting around to try and pay for the year upfront. Hardly suggests poverty stricken!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got mine from Worthing Adur today

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I got an email saying I should receive £150 3 days after 6th May into my nominated bank account. Nothing has shown up and I don't remember applying for it?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I found an email in my junk folder from Community Hub (?) I almost deleted it, but decided to check it first. It was to tell me the £150 had been paid into my account.

I'm investing it in a thick roll neck jumper, thermal pants and knee high arctic socks .... maybe a woolly hat if funds allow
How long after your email did it show up in bank?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here