Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
In answer to the original question , Could UKIP win the general election i would say yes they could , if stuffy true blue tory voters like my mum can change a habit of a lifetime by voting for UKIP in the locals then whos to say she will not be the tip of a iceberg , plus that nice Mr Farage sent me a christmas card today so its a yes from me .

D

Deleted member 22389

In answer to the original question , Could UKIP win the general election i would say yes they could , if stuffy true blue tory voters like my mum can change a habit of a lifetime by voting for UKIP in the locals then whos to say she will not be the tip of a iceberg , plus that nice Mr Farage sent me a christmas card today so its a yes from me .

Not fair, I want a card from Farage too.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
You're probably wrong.

No he's not, you are.

Whatever people think of UKIP, the lurch to the right by both the Tories and Labour regarding immigration, only goes to show the significant level of influence UKIP are having on British politics.

And even the Labour Party have stated that it's not racist to have concerns over immigration.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No he's not, you are.

Whatever people think of UKIP, the lurch to the right by both the Tories and Labour regarding immigration, only goes to show the significant level of influence UKIP are having on British politics.

And even the Labour Party have stated that it's not racist to have concerns over immigration.

Yep, and Labour even admitted they had got it wrong on the amount of immigration, yet still people slate UKIP for stating they want to control immigration.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yep, and Labour even admitted they had got it wrong on the amount of immigration, yet still people slate UKIP for stating they want to control immigration.

I agree with controlled immigration. I disagree UKIP are the party with enough clout or intelligence to pull that off. Get your arguments right before you type.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I agree with controlled immigration. I disagree UKIP are the party with enough clout or intelligence to pull that off. Get your arguments right before you type.

What "arguments". Labour admitted they got it wrong on immigration, UKIP have stated they would control it. YOU think that UKIP will not have the clout or intelligence...so where is the argument.....you disagree, your choice and OPINION.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What "arguments". Labour admitted they got it wrong on immigration, UKIP have stated they would control it. YOU think that UKIP will not have the clout or intelligence...so where is the argument.....you disagree, your choice and OPINION.

You're a gumflapper.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

But UKIP have made both the major parties change their policies towards immigration.

Is that enough clout for you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But UKIP have made both the major parties change their policies towards immigration.

Ha! Yeah, they'll go ahead and change lifetime policies for a no mark party like UKIP. Think on lad, think on.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I have no problem with UKIP making the two major parties rethink their policies on immigration, nor on bringing EU membership to the fore in voter's minds.

What I do have a problem with is the reluctance of UKIP to discuss their other policies and the oft immediate retraction when one of their representatives do speak out.

If any of the other parties, or more importantly their candidates, would only discuss those two policies then there is no way I'd vote for them! That's why I can't understand those that say they will cast their votes for UKIP.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Ha! Yeah, they'll go ahead and change lifetime policies for a no mark party like UKIP. Think on lad, think on.

Both labour and the Tories HAVE both changed their policies as a result of ukip, most noticeably regarding child benefit, unemployment benefit and housing benefit for ey migrants so not sure what your point is?

Camicus

Both labour and the Tories HAVE both changed their policies as a result of ukip, most noticeably regarding child benefit, unemployment benefit and housing benefit for ey migrants so not sure what your point is?
Both parties have changed because of the relentless media circus around Farage.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Both parties have changed because of the relentless media circus around Farage.

Really, you surely jest. Could it be that they realise that votes and opinions of the people they represent seem to be favoring the policies (or some of them) of Ukip.
Could it be that they have seen how well Ukip did in the Euros and that (even though less than a year ago many on here said Ukip would not win any seats) they have won the last two local elections. Could it be that UKIP in the polls have grabbed a far bigger percentage lately, and climbing.....or is it like you state the "relentless media circus" around a leader that is vilified and slated in the press and is made to look like a clown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports