Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Another potentially interesting debate brought to it's knees by the usual rabble of nitwits. I never learn.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ah, no, the gibberish was referring to the "acting" insults which are total gibberish and have no place in a politics debate. His opinions on UKIP I have plenty of time for as they are wholly relevant.

Then maybe we can both stick to not generalising ??

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Well there's 600 odd seats. 5 years ago they got nil seats. Nigel Farage was comfortably beaten in his attempt to get a seat. They have 2 seats now but they are seats which have the same MP as before, so the answer is very very very very unlikely but they might hold the balance of power if the Lib Dem seats are pretty much wiped out.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Exactly. People have just voted for who they know already. UKIP are gainig a tiny bit of ground but very dubiously and it's very shaky.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Ah, no, the gibberish was referring to the "acting" insults which are total gibberish and have no place in a politics debate. His opinions on UKIP I have plenty of time for as they are wholly relevant.

Ok, thanks. I accept that.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Exactly. People have just voted for who they know already. UKIP are gainig a tiny bit of ground but very dubiously and it's very shaky.

Not all of them... theres the moment after the Carswill vote, where one voter declared they had voted for UKIP as the previous Tory had done nothing for them.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What is 'lefty pc', and what makes them the 'real fascists'?

I think Nibble has gone some way to answering your question about the real fascists - when folk are just not tolerant of others coupled, in his case, with some breath-taking arrogance!

Another potentially interesting debate brought to it's knees by the usual rabble of nitwits. I never learn.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
With respect, I am not sure that you should be lecturing anyone after your performance the other day, which surely took NSC to new low levels.

Who is lecturing? You may be shocked to learn that most people consider the policies of UKIP as intolerant. UKIP voters are a minority, no matter how hard UKIP supporters try to talk the party up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If there was a national poll today asking which party is intolerant, im pretty sure I know what the answer would be. Which one do you think it would be Hastings?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Who is lecturing? You may be shocked to learn that most people consider the policies of UKIP as intolerant. UKIP voters are a minority, no matter how hard UKIP supporters try to talk the party up.

I apologise -I thought you were referring to me, as the post was very short. I am indeed shocked to read this, as I could not possibly be in a position to make such a judgement that most people think this, and equally to the point, nor can you. Where is your evidence for such a sweeping statement? Of course you hear these criticisms, and they may or may not be justified, but the fact is that you think they are intolerant and therefore assume, conveniently that most others do. You may well be right in that UKIP supporters are in a minority, but then so are the supporters of all parties, given the electorate as a whole, and I am not sure what this has to do with your first sentence??

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah ok...its just me and a few 'lefties' that consider UKIP as an intolerant party. UKIP Government is assured then. I look forward to it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If there was a national poll today asking which party is intolerant, im pretty sure I know what the answer would be. Which one do you think it would be Hastings?

Of course, some/ many voters would say UKIP, which is what you are inferring. However, after Ms Thornberry's outburst, I am not at all certain that you would get the answer you want. And, of course, it would only be those who voted, Dave.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Actually [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] is a pretty sensible poster. I apologise for the JCL comment.

Whatever happens please god don't let the Tory's get an easy ride of it. They are more arrogant than me.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Actually [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] is a pretty sensible poster. I apologise for the JCL comment.

Whatever happens please god don't let the Tory's get an easy ride of it. They are more arrogant than me.

I thank you sir for the comment. There is just one problem for an oldie like me -what is a JCL comment ?!

Camicus

Nobody seems to have mentioned that under the 1st past the post system and the encumbent factor and the massive amount of difference between a protest vote and voting in a general election. It's highly unlikely that we will even have a ukip coalition let alone a Ukip government. After all would anyone seriously vote for a party that wants to privatise the NHS bring back hanging and ban women from voting

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Nobody seems to have mentioned that under the 1st past the post system and the encumbent factor and the massive amount of difference between a protest vote and voting in a general election. It's highly unlikely that we will even have a ukip coalition let alone a Ukip government. After all would anyone seriously vote for a party that wants to privatise the NHS bring back hanging and ban women from voting

You will be surprised how many will ...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

" ban women from voting" quote
Are you sure.....i don't think so, more scaremongering, i think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here