Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It is good seeing the main parties squirm with UKIP bandwagon. They could get about 20 seats. I think lib Dems will be blown away.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can UKIP do what??
haha

Having seen a twitter exchange between the BBC (Daily politics show), and South Thanet UKIP, in which the UKIP rep noticed the usual BBC bias holding a vote in front of a Mosque...The 'Mosque' being Westminster Cathedral....guess we will have to wait and see haha

whilst you are correct it shouldnt matter where the BBC are doing their vote,in fairness to the wally in question at first glance and if you have never seen it before the building sort of does resemble a mosque.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well, it is an unusual looking building for sure, but if representing a political party that hopes to win seats in an election, I would have thought that they would have recognised the primary Catholic Cathedral in the country.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well, it is an unusual looking building for sure, but if representing a political party that hopes to win seats in an election, I would have thought that they would have recognised the primary Catholic Cathedral in the country.

i doubt very many people know what it is or where it is unless they are British Catholics.
I used to walk past it everyday and had no idea it was the Catholic head honcho church until i read the info board outside one day which also explained all the mosaics and the Byzantine architecture.

TBH i thought it was some elaborate masonic building until then

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If they ever got in to power it would be a disaster, they have no experience of government and only one co-ordinated policy and that can vary according to Mark Reckless. Mind you a 5 year political binfest would be great fun but we would need a standing order of pringles.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They will gather a couple of seats but their manifesto is back of envelope stuff, their supporters are too fervid and appear racist and their party members all have a combination of a history of fraud, massive expenses and the inability to keep their mouths shut. They won't get into power, I don't even think they are "shaking up" any other political parties either. Every now and then, usually in austere times, a novelty party like UKIP comes along, other politicians are canny enough to know itsca flash in the political pan.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Why ? Do you recognise every primary place of worship for every main religion in the country ? Or maybe even in your current country ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

With respect, I think you are getting a little bit desperate to pin anything on to UKIP. I didn't know that it was a catholic church -assumed it was Cof E. . . Yes, it could say something about me, I realise.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
They will gather a couple of seats but their manifesto is back of envelope stuff, their supporters are too fervid and appear racist and their party members all have a combination of a history of fraud, massive expenses and the inability to keep their mouths shut. They won't get into power, I don't even think they are "shaking up" any other political parties either. Every now and then, usually in austere times, a novelty party like UKIP comes along, other politicians are canny enough to know itsca flash in the political pan.

Please show me a post where I've even 'appeared' racist let alone been racist. A party that has been around for 20+ years is a flash in the pan ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think for a politician aspiring to make a difference they should make it their business to double check if a building is or isn't a mosque, whether they know what it is or not make double sure you know what is is before you go online and declare it a mosque in a pathetic attempt at point scoring. Just highlights what a childish, I'll prepared cluster**** of clowns UKIP are.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If they ever got in to power it would be a disaster, they have no experience of government and only one co-ordinated policy and that can vary according to Mark Reckless. Mind you a 5 year political binfest would be great fun but we would need a standing order of pringles.

It does seem that they do not have a range of policies which would give confidence, but then to be fair, this is an accusation often thrown at opposition parties, who traditionally find it easier to criticise the governing party, than come up with viable alternatives themselves ahead of an election.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Please show me a post where I've even 'appeared' racist let alone been racist. A party that has been around for 20+ years is a flash in the pan ?

Anyone who votes UKIP appears somewhat racist because UKIP have racist undertones . Their recent success is a flash in th pan, the fact they have existed for 20+ years just makes it even more pathetic.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Anyone who votes UKIP appears somewhat racist because UKIP have racist undertones . Their recent success is a flash in th pan, the fact they have existed for 20+ years just makes it even more pathetic.

Anyone that acts 'for a living' appears a work shy layabout and is probably gay given they're all lovies. See, we can all generalise incorrectly.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
With respect, I think you are getting a little bit desperate to pin anything on to UKIP. I didn't know that it was a catholic church -assumed it was Cof E. . . Yes, it could say something about me, I realise.

Wasnt a matter of being desperate. Was a matter of amusement ;-)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Originally Posted by Nibble View Post

I wonder if you see the irony here, as you talk of supporters being fervid after coming up with such a sweeping and aggressive post. BY all means make your points about UKIP or indeed any party, but don't come up with a statement such as ALL party members etc - you could not possibly be in a position to make such a statement! Your last sentence shows that you can be quite reasonable and thoughtful -this is NOT meant to be in any way patronising, rest assured, just that I was comparing your initial assertions with your final sentence.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyone that acts 'for a living' appears a work shy layabout and is probably gay given they're all lovies. See, we can all generalise incorrectly.

Irrelevant both to me and the thread. Okay, getting back to the point. I'll try and explain this as simply as I can. UKIP are perceived as both racist and ill prepared. They have members who have displayed outright racism, they are very right wing, they have members with links to the BNP and their primary objective is focused on immigration.
With me so far?
Good, now, given that this is the general perception of the party it makes it appears, rightly or wrongly that people who would follow such a party are likely racist and quite ill informed.

I did not state you were either of these things but that you appear to be. Your last few posts have done nothing to rid me of this pre-conception.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
An amusing lie maybe ?

Why a lie?
Ive seen the conversation on twitter. What would make it a lie? I hope youre not going to tell me that UKIP are not capable of being ridiculous? Im fairly sure this is very light compared to what will no doubt come from them before any election.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Why a lie?
Ive seen the conversation on twitter. What would make it a lie? I hope youre not going to tell me that UKIP are not capable of being ridiculous? Im fairly sure this is very light compared to what will no doubt come from them before any election.

I was refering, in passing, to the fact that you are a proven liar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here