Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camicus

yeh exactly just like the ice age 2.6 million years ago when dinosaurs were polluting the planet :facepalm:
Nother one for the ignore list. Perhaps if you actually had a clue about evidence based science.
yeh exactly just like the ice age 2.6 million years ago when dinosaurs were polluting the planet :facepalm:
Nother one for the ignore list. Perhaps if you actually had a clue about evidence based science. http://www.newscientist.com/article...e-a-guide-for-the-perplexed.html#.VIN7qb1FDqA

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Marx advocated the removal of any national cultural, religious and political constructs that meant “workers” from different countries could be set against each other. Albeit, he was a hypocrite too as he considered patriotism a useful short term mechanism if it facilitated the overthrow the ruling classes and bourgeois. Most people are hypocrites………..it’s not exclusive to Marxists.

You post this, providing the air that you know a lot about Marx/ism. Please provide some evidence from Marx that supports such an interpretation.
ps you can't, because it doesn't exist.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
You post this, providing the air that you know a lot about Marx/ism. Please provide some evidence from Marx that supports such an interpretation.
ps you can't, because it doesn't exist.

OK, not sure what specific aspect you are challenging, so bear with me. In the Communist Manifesto, it states.......

'The working men have no country. We cannot take from them what they have not got. Since the proletariat must first of all acquire political supremacy, must constitute itself the nation, it is, so far, itself national, though not in the bourgeois sense of the word.'

'Though not in substance, yet in form, the struggle of the proletariat with the bourgeoisie is at first a national struggle. The proletariat of each country must, of course, first of all settle matters with its own bourgeoisie.'

It is a standard political theory that Marx advocated the advancement of an international proletariat and the abolishment of the traditional national state construct as do the Green Party.

That is the key point as far as I am concerned, unless of course the argument is that the Green Party's motive for abolishing the national state construct is based on a capitalist ideology and they are in fact Tories?

If your challenge is about the more narrow hypocrite claim, my point is that the overthrow the ruling classes is the priority, and Marx understood that this would be played out in the nation state first. If delivery of the supremacy of the proletariat came from the use of nationalism I contend Marx would support it if only as a short term measure.

This is combination of "patriotism" with pure Marxism is evidently contradictory but Stalin did use nationalism in his interpretation of communism so clearly patriotism can be woven into Marxist theory (like Sinn Fein), but that is not what the Green Party is advocating either.

In my humble opinion of course.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

You are either quite an unfunny wind up merchant or quite the densest person to come staggering on to NSC for some years. And this is a board that has Bushy and Das Reich as members so you're going some.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
You are either quite an unfunny wind up merchant or quite the densest person to come staggering on to NSC for some years. And this is a board that has Bushy and Das Reich as members so you're going some.

so smart arse what is your explanation for the ice age. ??

Camicus

The ice caps Started to expand this caused a shift in the gulf stream wich caused cooler water to the artic/antarctic. As the glaciers grew more sun was reflected back causing further cooling. There we go. It's a public service really

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The ice caps Started to expand this caused a shift in the gulf stream wich caused cooler water to the artic/antarctic. As the glaciers grew more sun was reflected back causing further cooling. There we go. It's a public service really

Ah, but what caused the ice caps to start expanding in the first place? Any fule kno that it was the dinosaurs and their pollution. 2.6m years ago.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

That has nothing to do with what is happening to the earth today. An ice age occurs over centuries and is part of the earth's natural cooling cycle. The changes we are seeing now are outside of the planet's spectrum and is happening at a rate outside of natural patterns.

Oh I made my mind up, you are thick as shit in a milk bottle.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyway, why is Farage getting involved with trivia like breast feeding? The man has barely strung one effing policy together he should be sorting his mess of a manifesto out not wading into a pointless debate. God, he's such a cock.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyway, why is Farage getting involved with trivia like breast feeding? The man has barely strung one effing policy together he should be sorting his mess of a manifesto out not wading into a pointless debate. God, he's such a cock.
He's a total cock.

Blaming being late for an event on traffic due to immegration.

There is seemingly no end to his buffoonery.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

No Tory manifesto yet published - tick
No Labour manifesto yet published - tick
No Lib Dem manifesto yet published - tick
No Green manifesto yet published - tick

Hmmmm, I wonder if UKIP have published their manifesto yet ??

EDIT - oh, he was asked the question about breastfeeding, what do you expect him to do ? Not answer the question like Milliband and CMD ?

D

Deleted member 22389

Why is Farage getting involved with Breast Feeding, because they asked him the question that's why.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No Tory manifesto yet published - tick
No Labour manifesto yet published - tick
No Lib Dem manifesto yet published - tick
No Green manifesto yet published - tick

Hmmmm, I wonder if UKIP have published their manifesto yet ??

Ha! Yeah I saw some of it. Basically locking the UK down from the rest of the world and returning us to the 1950's. No thanks.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Ha! Yeah I saw some of it. Basically locking the UK down from the rest of the world and returning us to the 1950's. No thanks.

You've seen some of an unpublished manifesto - wow, you must mingle in high circles. Alternatively you could be a liar.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why is Farage getting involved with Breast Feeding, because they asked him the question that's why.

Well he seems to have created another fuss for himself by flapping about over an answer and wasting time re-issuing statements about what is essentially a one word answer in the first place. If this is his reaction to an entry level question god help him once the serious questions start getting asked.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Well he seems to have created another fuss for himself by flapping about over an answer and wasting time re-issuing statements about what is essentially a one word answer in the first place. If this is his reaction to an entry level question god help him once the serious questions start getting asked.

Well he smashed Clegg in the Europe debate so he has a pretty good record already.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well he smashed Clegg in the Europe debate so he has a pretty good record already.

Balls.

However chap , it's far too early to be putting NSC's great uneducated in your place. I'm off downstairs for an Earl Gray and half a grapefruit. Have a nice day doing whatever it is you think you do.

D

Deleted member 22389

The media created the fuss about it, not Farage. People just picked up on the headlines and decided to get offended. This country has become absolutely pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports