Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well, ive seen it all now. NSC's 'righties' making excuses for Hitler....

Time for some beer..Cheers..[/QUOTE

That is hardly the case, as you know, The point was that most voters did not know what they were letting themselves in for in its entirety. Of course the Nazis had shown themselves to be brutal and intolerant, and their anti-Semitism was well known, but given the dire economic circumstances, and the fact no real welfare that we take for granted was on offer, many voters desperately clutched at straws. The military thought, naively as it turned out, that they could control Hitler's excesses. Put yourself in another age of time - it is certainly not a case of anyone defending Hitler at all, just trying to reason out why millions of otherwise decent folk voted for the Nazis.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Well, ive seen it all now. NSC's 'righties' making excuses for Hitler....

Time for some beer..Cheers..[/QUOTE

That is hardly the case, as you know, The point was that most voters did not know what they were letting themselves in for in its entirety. Of course the Nazis had shown themselves to be brutal and intolerant, and their anti-Semitism was well known, but given the dire economic circumstances, and the fact no real welfare that we take for granted was on offer, many voters desperately clutched at straws. The military thought, naively as it turned out, that they could control Hitler's excesses. Put yourself in another age of time - it is certainly not a case of anyone defending Hitler at all, just trying to reason out why millions of otherwise decent folk voted for the Nazis.

testing

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Holy crap, we're going to run out of Pringles in the UK, if this carries on.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
so dave you've been rumbled. its clear to me that you went chasing that fight but decided otherwise when it became serious.

so i still stand by what i have always maintained and that is you are a bottle job and grass.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Thank you -you are quite right. Without modern technology and communications, plus the terribly bad situation economically. Most folks voted for Hitler for the simple reason that he got them working again, albeit marching along with spades to build motorways later used for the war effort. Obviously the anti-semite view was well known, but few thought then that it would be so extreme so as to lead to an Auschwitz. Germans did not actually dislike the jews to the extent that they later took advantage of in eastern Europe, where pogroms were the norm for centuries.

people like dave would do well to remember that the German people at that time were going through a tough period and they needed someone to lift public morale a man who promised to set them free of misery suffering and hardship. when you look at it that way it was hardly surprising they voted him in.
i

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes you did , you said that if you had turned up "the chances of me being stabbed were high" , strange words from someone who claims it was all a windup. Its here in this first pm.

View attachment 60584

Well Dave your lies and bravado seem to have caught up with you. YOU arranged the meeting "2nd Avenue, Hove.....garages near the top....16th 20:00" and add to that "If i had been there the chance of you being stabbed was high".
You have been telling porkies since and denying and just insulting and goading. Sad really.

Dandyman

In London village.
Hard to know if people are on a wind up or not but there are some well worn myths being peddled.

Hitler was not elected to power. The vote for the NDSAP fell from 13.7 million in July 1932 to 11.7 million in November 1932. Hitler was appointed Chancellor by President Von Hindenburg in January 1933. The Enabling Act passed in March 1933 gave Hitler the power to enact legislation without reference to the Reichstag and was passed after the mass arrest of KPD and SPD representatives. The Enabling Act was passed because of the deal done between the Vatican and the Nazis.

There was never a democratic majority for the Nazis. There were a series of shoddy deals and the complicity of the Vatican, German finance and big business and the military establishment.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hard to know if people are on a wind up or not but there are some well worn myths being peddled.

Hitler was not elected to power. The vote for the NDSAP fell from 13.7 million in July 1932 to 11.7 million in November 1932. Hitler was appointed Chancellor by President Von Hindenburg in January 1933. The Enabling Act passed in March 1933 gave Hitler the power to enact legislation without reference to the Reichstag and was passed after the mass arrest of KPD and SPD representatives. The Enabling Act was passed because of the deal done between the Vatican and the Nazis.

There was never a democratic majority for the Nazis. There were a series of shoddy deals and the complicity of the Vatican, German finance and big business and the military establishment.

I assume that you are not talking about anyone here, when you talk about myths being peddled or a wind -up, which might equally be levelled at yourself. I have just looked back to check to see if anyone has stated that Hitler was elected to power democratically and could find no such mention. Indeed the only figure mentioned was that it might have been 40% max who voted for him, with the point made that 60% did not. The point of the thread was to examine why those millions did vote for him, and not to suggest that was he voted in democratically, which he was not. I would have had more sympathy, had you approached the thread with rather more humility.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Can we get back to football on this site or is it still playground time ?

If the thread was about UKIP being in power, then it would seem hard to link it with football, would it not? You mention that it should get back to football, but it never was about the game. Perhaps you thought UIKP were in league 1? if you had realised that UKIP was about politics, and this is not clear from your contribution, then why enter the thread, if you see no point to it?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If the thread was about UKIP being in power, then it would seem hard to link it with football, would it not? You mention that it should get back to football, but it never was about the game. Perhaps you thought UIKP were in league 1? if you had realised that UKIP was about politics, and this is not clear from your contribution, then why enter the thread, if you see no point to it?

Just the bravado crap seems quite pointless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here