Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Camicus

How are they different from expats on the Costas or Why do you blame the EU? More immigration comes from outside the Eu. Blimey if you wanted to end uncontrolled migration leave the commonwealth countries to it. Just as a fun fact Boston in Lincolnshire has the highest immigration in the country that is 12%. Wages are the lowest in the country while rents when calculated pro rata are some of the highest. People are being exploited by the same business that avoid paying taxes. If you had a eu wide minimum wage people wouldn't immigrate here

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
Immigration to the uk is out of control full stop,from the eu and non eu..in the 80s every other story wouldnt be about somali rape gangs,pakastani rape gangs,east european murderers.etc etc..every single day its something else and labour and conservatives are solely to blame.Thats why a lot of people myself included will be voting ukip.Respect the fact that a lot of us are pissed off those two partys have sent our country down the toilet.After all living in yorkshire after the rotherham disgrace,id have thought you lot would have wised up about voting labour again after the labour run council was too scared being labelled racist to protect underage girls that were raped!.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Both of the two main parties will need UKIP, as a one time Lib supporter I now favour Nigel to pair up with the Tories because the option is Millband who will encourage those entering the UK by offering various allowances etc to vote Labour added to this he has to pay back the unions who voted him in.

Camicus

Wow that is a lot of assumptions you have there. So all foreigners are bad and everyone living in Yorkshire should vote Ukip. You have all certainly persuaded me that backing ukip is the only sane option

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Immigration to the uk is out of control full stop,from the eu and non eu..in the 80s every other story wouldnt be about somali rape gangs,pakastani rape gangs,east european murderers.etc etc..every single day its something else and labour and conservatives are solely to blame.Thats why a lot of people myself included will be voting ukip.Respect the fact that a lot of us are pissed off those two partys have sent our country down the toilet.After all living in yorkshire after the rotherham disgrace,id have thought you lot would have wised up about voting labour again after the labour run council was too scared being labelled racist to protect underage girls that were raped!.

Using the events of Rotherham for cheap political points points is frankly disgusting. Something I've come to expect from UKIP and their supporters.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Using the events of Rotherham for cheap political points points is frankly disgusting. Something I've come to expect from UKIP and their supporters.

Perhaps because the poster lives near, has seen what went on, and realised that the useless Labour goons ignored/covered up the goings on.
Meanwhile you get yet another cheap shot in against UKIP....who were NOT involved...priceless.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Perhaps because the poster lives near, has seen what went on, and realised that the useless Labour goons ignored/covered up the goings on.
Meanwhile you get yet another cheap shot in against UKIP....who were NOT involved...priceless.

A cheap shot? By pointing out that UKIP are cashing in on the suffering of rape victims for cheap political points to gain votes? Yeah, shame on me.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And WHERE are UKIP "cashing in on the suffering of rape victims for cheap political points to gain votes?

'The father of the main prosecution witness in the Rotherham child sex grooming scandal has accused Nigel Farage’s party of exploiting the issue for political gain.

The man, whose daughter’s testimony led to the prosecution of nine Asian men and an overhaul of Crown Prosecution Service rules, said that UKIP should stop using BNP style tactics which are adding to the distress of local families.'

http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/c...ls-political-gain-ahead-heywood-and-middleton

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
'The father of the main prosecution witness in the Rotherham child sex grooming scandal has accused Nigel Farage’s party of exploiting the issue for political gain.

The man, whose daughter’s testimony led to the prosecution of nine Asian men and an overhaul of Crown Prosecution Service rules, said that UKIP should stop using BNP style tactics which are adding to the distress of local families.'http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/c...ls-political-gain-ahead-heywood-and-middleton

I'm not sure what tactics UKIP were employing except saying that the Labour controlled Authority had ignored what was going on in Rotherham?

Anyway just in case you don't read the whole article here is the important bit verbatim re: the BNP:

Mr Farage said: “I’m sure we’ll take some of the BNP votes, we’ll take the BNP votes of those people who voted BNP but held their noses doing so in not wanting to vote for a racist party but not knowing where else to go.

“We will never take the vote of the hardcore BNP and you know what, we don’t want them either.”

Only one step from the Gas Chambers eh?

Camicus

It's typical of Farage to bandwagon jump though. All this thread has done is confirm that Ukip is a deeply unpleasant party

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
How are they different from expats on the Costas or Why do you blame the EU? More immigration comes from outside the Eu. Blimey if you wanted to end uncontrolled migration leave the commonwealth countries to it. Just as a fun fact Boston in Lincolnshire has the highest immigration in the country that is 12%. Wages are the lowest in the country while rents when calculated pro rata are some of the highest. People are being exploited by the same business that avoid paying taxes. If you had a eu wide minimum wage people wouldn't immigrate here[/QUOTE]

I see your point about British ex pats abroad -they do tend to stick together, so in that case there is no difference. If you say that immigration is 12% at its most concentrated, and I would not presume to question your figures, then this is only half the story of course. Immigrants tend not to want to integrate and rather be together, quite understandably, but this leads to mutual suspicion, which takes some breaking down. They often come from poorer counties, and thus are more likely not to have enjoyed the health benefits that we take for granted, and it thus follows that on average they would have more need of the NHS, without necessarily having paid in the amount that the average working Brit. might have done. Non EU immigrants tend to have larger families - this all causes stress for the NHS, and schools.
I find your second sentence hard to understand - it could be me, I readily accept. I would also be interested in what your source was for your assertion about rents and wages. With respect, it does seem rather sweeping. Finally, the question of a EU minimum wage -shall we reduce it here in the Uk to bring it into line with poorer countries to harmonise wages?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's typical of Farage to bandwagon jump though. All this thread has done is confirm that Ukip is a deeply unpleasant party

Well let's face it by people like you keep starting up endless anti UKIP threads, and by quoting half truths and mainly scaremongering, it's surprising that UKIP have risen in the polls and won a couple of seats.
All the time the other parties are smearing them, they seem to be getting stronger, why is that eh.
How sad to deflect the useless and cowardly way that the Labour council deceived and hid the truth in Rotherham......by blaming UKIP.....nice deflection eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here