Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could our fans lose us promotion?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Really? I literally only heard the drum from the Palace fans. I was very surprised how poor the atmosphere was at Selhurst and thought it was infinitely louder and mire intimidating at the Amex, until Palace scored. In fact I would go so far as saying the atmosphere at the start home leg of the playoffs was the best I've ever experienced DESPITE the clackers.

I think you had the audio version rose tinted glasses that day, unfortunately Palace were very load that day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Really? I literally only heard the drum from the Palace fans. I was very surprised how poor the atmosphere was at Selhurst and thought it was infinitely louder and mire intimidating at the Amex, until Palace scored. In fact I would go so far as saying the atmosphere at the start home leg of the playoffs was the best I've ever experienced DESPITE the clackers.

I take it you didn't go to the first league game at the AMEX against Donny?
The play off home leg atmosphere for me didn't even come close to that day.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
How about we use this thread to organise making our home games noisier and more intimidating for the opposition? All it would take is to get a few people in each stand (NS, SS, WSU, WSL, ESU, ESL, etc) to get together, print the words to songs (maybe those that are specific to each stand, alongside those that are appropriate for the whole stadium) and distribute them to the fans, arrange for songs to be instigated at strategic points in the game (after 5/10/15/... mins, when B&HA/the opposition have a corner), and so on.
It's quite simple: home advantage yields more victories; let's make the most of home advantage; to make the most of home advantage we need to make more noise; to make more noise we need to get more organised; if we make more noise we'll be doing our bit to help the club maximise its chances of making the play-offs, and succeeding in the play-offs.

:clap:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
League games at the Goldstone the support was fantastic over these 4 seasons but which came first support or results???

75/76 lost two home games
76/77 lost one home game
77/78 lost one home game
78/79 lost two home games

75-76 wrexham & bolton
76-77 cambridge (league cup)
77-78 west ham
78-79 ? & ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing to do with the fans. Team turning out like the walking half-dead without any fire in their bellies will lose us promotion every time. Palace got a bye to the Premier League last season, courtesy of the Albion not turning up in the semi-final 2nd leg, and Watford doing the same damn thing in the final. Ridiculous promotion, though only Palace seemed remotely interested in getting there.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
League games at the Goldstone the support was fantastic over these 4 seasons but which came first support or results???

76/77 lost one home game
77/78 lost one home game

Results.

In the first half of 1975/76, our home form was great, winning eight in a row. If was later that the Goldstone started to attract really high attendance figures.

results.

In the first half of 1975/76, our home form was great, winning eight in a row. If was later that the goldstone started to attract really high attendance figures.

Great support does not just mean high attendance,we averaged only 15,000 that season a good 10,000 below this season but the atmosphere was superior over the season???

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

76/77 lost one home game
77/78 lost one home game

just had a look at the others,how your memory plays tricks

funny enough we onlty lost 2 at home all season 74-75,but finished 6th from bottom???

in one of those games bobby charlton was playing

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Great support does not just mean high attendance,we averaged only 15,000 that season a good 10,000 below this season but the atmosphere was superior over the season???

True, but an extra 5,000 supporters in the 1970s would translate into more noise. But they only came through the gate after the team had put together a fine run of form at home. There is no recorded evidence of Brighton fans being more vocal than usual in the early games of 1975/76 before the team hit a purple patch.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here