Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Nigel Farage end up a great British political leader?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As well you know it's used as an insult. Your argument about solar power may well be correct but of course you couldn't help but throw in the phrase to highlight your hatred of UKIP.

I shall therefore withdraw my use of the term Little Englander and accept that I am a cad and a bounder, before you resort to pistols at dawn. Long live the Oxford debating society.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Oh look the "regular sized" USA are doing something similar

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/may/17/us-tariffs-chinese-solar-panels

Kill off the competition via a protected home market and subsidised sales overseas, once you have no competition, you can charge what you want, so short term gains versus long term pain. It makes me proud to be a European and the idea that team England could carry any clout in a global trade dispute is frankly laughable.

Huzzah for the EU, they will protect our jobs……………..

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/new...silvertown_fighting_eu_for_survival_1_2006991

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/bri...80m_EU_loan_for_Ford_s_Turkish_Transit_plant/

Makes your heart swell with pride doesn’t it………………

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Ahh the Common Agricultural Policy, good point, we will never get them to reform that.

http://www.just-food.com/news/sugar-quotas-to-end-in-2017-after-cap-deal_id123629.aspx

but they did it anyway.

They did it "anyway" on the back of a censure from the WTO....................who thakfully operate beyond the borders of wening europa

http://www.eldis.org/go/home&id=16164&type=Document

As for the CAP more generally though, what a diabolical swizz.

In its first incarnation the UK taxpayer contributed to the EU budget to allow the EU to buy surplus EU produce so they could dump it into 3rd world countries collapsing the internal markets and impoverishing some of the world's most vulnerable people. Nice.

Now the UK taxpayer pays the EU to allow farmers to do nothing, thus keeping produce prices artificially high. Marvellous.

The CAP does not need reform it needs dismantling root and branch.................if the CAP is an example of how the EU is a force for virtue and helps the EU consumer then I am a dutchman.

Ed Miliband need look no further than CAP in his quest for solving the cost of living crisis.................in addition to binning off the 2.5% in VAT we pay to the EU.

I wont hold my breath.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
o-FARAGE-facebook.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Why does Little Englanders make you so tetchy ? If UKIP transformed into ENGIP tomorrow, they would lose a handful of voters. Farage and his team have a special appeal to a certain type of Englishman, who want to be governed by their own rules.

What a disgrace to want to make your own laws instead of being an EU :sheep:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ukip are a disgrace,the daily mail off British politics .They play on the fears off people by quoting lots of facts without any evidence to back them up. Whether you like it or not Ukip is the wolf that is the BNP in sheeps clothing. Parties like UKIP will not have a clue what to do if god forbid they ever get in power because all their polices are illegal and would make BRITAIN the lepper off the world. Vote Labour,Tory or green or lib dem but please don't be conned by Farage a racist in all but name.

D

Deleted member 22389

Superb, the interviewer did his research and showed him for what he and his far right party really is.

Really what was so superb about it? At the end of it all, what exactly has the interviewer fixed here? Absolutely nothing.
Still doesn't solve some of the issues we have in this country. If a party like UKIP is not going to discuss these things then who is. If people are unhappy they are unhappy, so are we all meant to continue and thank the governments for the wonderful jobs they have been doing, the answer is NO. UKIP for whatever they are a good protest vote.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The interview was a car crash for Farage. Other than simply stating that control of immigration is a solution for all our ills, Farage offered no further enlightenment as to what UKIP could positively do for the country. The LBC guy put the Today programme to shame with a well researched interview there.

UKIP would be nothing without Farage and the 'appeal' of the only policy that anyone really knows about. UKIP's problem is their lack of a cohesive programme, a flawed analysis of the modern workings of the global economy and a reliance on the personality of it's leader. There is no reason to demonise them when an intelligent interviewer can allow Farage to hoist himself by his own petard. They are joke, and they'd be bad for Britain too.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
And what, exactly, do you want your UKIP MEP to do, when they get in ?

If they just turned up it would be good. Their current attendance record is the worst of anyone.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I quite like him but he will never end up a great political leader. The party behind seem to be a mixed up crowd. I would rather have a pint with him than another politician. He is shaking up Westminster which is amazing as UKIP do not have one seat in parliament and probably will end up with just a couplle ?They will get quite a few Euro seats which is crazy as they will be made up mainly of protest votes that us British seem to do.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Really what was so superb about it? At the end of it all, what exactly has the interviewer fixed here? Absolutely nothing.
Still doesn't solve some of the issues we have in this country. If a party like UKIP is not going to discuss these things then who is. If people are unhappy they are unhappy, so are we all meant to continue and thank the governments for the wonderful jobs they have been doing, the answer is NO. UKIP for whatever they are a good protest vote.

I get that you're a supporter to some degree or other, but you must recognise that the interviewer had him in knots. He led him down the garden path and had him admitting that the very things he fears, (people that may be fluent in another language speaking on 'our' trains' and in schools) were basically, his family. Oh and he doesn't want to live next to Romanians, who are people smugglers.....

D

Deleted member 22389

I get that you're a supporter to some degree or other, but you must recognise that the interviewer had him in knots. He led him down the garden path and had him admitting that the very things he fears, (people that may be fluent in another language speaking on 'our' trains' and in schools) were basically, his family. Oh and he doesn't want to live next to Romanians, who are people smugglers.....

Actually I lived opposite some Eastern Europeans in Luton. There where about 9 people living in that house, I didn't like that. To have 9 people living in a house designed for a maximum of four people is just weird to me, but it spelled out the type of crappy economy we have in this country now. That rings true with the cheap labour argument.

Unless you have experienced this, people will never understand. They somehow managed to smash the next door neighbours car in the short time they lived there too, and the week after they had completely vanished. The women across the road felt like I did about them. There are two sides to these stories.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Actually I lived opposite some Eastern Europeans in Luton. There where about 9 people living in that house, I didn't like that. To have 9 people living in a house designed for a maximum of four people is just weird to me, but it spelled out the type of crappy economy we have in this country now. That rings true with the cheap labour argument.

Unless you have experienced this, people will never understand. They somehow managed to smash the next door neighbours car in the short time they lived there too, and the week after they had completely vanished. The women across the road felt like I did about them. There are two sides to these stories.

I do understand, I don't think I'd want to live next to a house that is overcrowded, and with people who cause damage. The fact that you and Farage mention that they're Eastern European though, is exactly what the thrust of the interview was about, that UKIP has a racist theme at the heart of the party. We're not actually talking about the rights and wrongs of immigration controls or Britain's membership of the EU but what the core beliefs of the party are and I'm afraid that Farage was exposed for exactly what he is.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nigel Farage is maybe the one politician that Spitting Image couldn't have made a caricature out of. He does it all by himself. Total passing sideshow for the terminally dumbed-down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here