Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cortese wants Saints in top 6 and blasts Le Tiss

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I want Felicia Day and Mila Kunis to be lezzing it up in the shower when I walk in there later and both beg me to join in. I'd say my chances are ever so slightly higher than his although I'm not holding my breath!

el punal

Not been on here for a while seeing as I really thought we were off your radar what with us being in different leagues. But alas no. Still more stories of how everything is going to end up horribly for us, just like 2 seasons ago when we were sure not to go up out of League 1 and of course last season when it was all gonna go tits up and we would fail to get promoted. But here we are no longer the joke of the prem letting in stupid goals and with a decent cushion from the bottom 3.

But if you want the general opinion of most Saints fans, here it is. Adkins was a quality manager for us and we'd still prefer to have him. He was a popular figure in football (apart from a few pathetic fans who wont forget the keep up statement), he was a good guy and had a great work ethic. We'll never forget him.

But you cant deny where Cortese had put us. It's not Cortese's money but clearly it's him who successfully trying to make us something even bigger than what we are now. Big signings look like they could be a regular thing, he talks about being a top 6 team (although obviously not this season) and there even plans to expand the stadium You cant help but be a bit excited. Maybe he's aiming a bit high but who's complaining. All I know is if we stay up this year, we wont be relegation fodder for many a year.

Agree with you about Saints fans liking Adkins - a lot of my friends are Saints season ticket holders who were shocked and dismayed at Adkins sacking. As an Albion fan living among the wrong coloured stripes I was amazed at the car crash episode of his dismissal.

As for Cortese, he must be up there with Ken Bates and a few others in alienating the fans. Sorry to say, for you as a Saints fan, this is another classic PR cock-up episode which shows up your club in a poor light. With club legends like Le Tissier, MacMenemy and Channon publicly voicing their concerns regarding the running of the club surely Cortese needs to look at himself and realise that he is a chairman of a decent football club, and not a dictator of some tin pot third world country. I wish you the best, but I fear the worst!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here