Cortese wants Saints in top 6 and blasts Le Tiss

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Quite. Ooops, my bad - and already corrected at post #22.

Not that I care too much about NA. I'm looking forward to coming up against him again and us putting some more manners on him.
Just can't help myself can I,correcting other peoples spelling! Need to get a life perhaps. Sorry I missed your correction.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I can't deny where he has taken you. But the road to relegation is littered with clubs who thought they could do better than what they had at the time. Just ask Wolves.

Progress is often achieved by clubs who remain either stable in approach (Swansea) or in management (Everton). It is rarely gained by those who rashly decide to junk everything when things appear as difficult as everyone thought it would be.

Yep were just like Wolves.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
You ARE off our radar! Certainly as far as competition is concerned and even I've dropped all talk of a rivalry with Southampton. However this is a general football story with wider implications and we're just discussing it - no need to get paranoid. And Southampton, being a similar sized club to us, also gets mentioned when we discuss how feasible it would be for us to survive in the Prem if we got there a bit ahead of schedule. Again nothing for you to get paranoid about, we're not constantly talking about you behind your back.

laughing.gif

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
What dillusional nonesense you type Redneb.

What cushion?

Expanding your stadium. You can't even fill St Marys now you're back in the top flight.

Regular top 6 finish(although obviously not this season). In the Championship maybe.

We won't be relegation fodder for many years if we stay up. Ha, do me a favour!

Southampton fans are such spineless/fickle turn-coats. Spitting blood when Adkins got the chop you showed your true colours in the following game against Everton. I never thought i'd feel sorry for Adkins. He deserved better after the amazing job he did for your club. Hang your heads in shame.

Yep wise comments and how were destined to fail and be back in the championship in no time, just like we were going to buckle last season and fail to gain promotion, just like we were the year before from league 1. Any chance you lot could do me a massive favour and continue predicting the end is nigh for Saints, coz when you do the opposite tends to happen.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why do you find that funny? I'm sure if we split enough hairs you could come up with enough minor measures to prove that you're 'bigger', but in reality we're both bigger than 'little' clubs (such as Bournemouth or Crawley neither of whom could survive in the Prem) and not as big as the 'big' clubs who regularly finish in the top six or seven. Like I say, 'similar-sized'.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Yep wise comments and how were destined to fail and be back in the championship in no time, just like we were going to buckle last season and fail to gain promotion, just like we were the year before from league 1. Any chance you lot could do me a massive favour and continue predicting the end is nigh for Saints, coz when you do the opposite tends to happen.

So you're not denying that your fans were spineless and fickle after the departure of Adkins. I know for a fact there are many fans around the country who would like to see your chairman with egg on his face come the end of the season. I'm sure Adkins might well take some satisfaction out of it as well. Especially after the way your fans showed him such little support after all he did for Southampton.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The man is yet to make a really bad decision! the only thing that came close was the photo issue a couple of years back. he's got us back to back promotions, building a training facility and academy among the best in world football, sacked pardew, hired adkins who got us up - twice. Where has he publicly criticised le tiss? Ponchettino took Espanyol from 8 points from safety with 10 games to go to Europe in Spain! Not a bad manager. Only reason he got sacked this year was all his players were sold so he had a shit squad!

Such a shit squad that, since Pochettino left, Espanyol have moved up from 20th to 15th...

Keep believing Cortese's bull.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
So you're not denying that your fans were spineless and fickle after the departure of Adkins. I know for a fact there are many fans around the country who would like to see your chairman with egg on his face come the end of the season. I'm sure Adkins might well take some satisfaction out of it as well. Especially after the way your fans showed him such little support after all he did for Southampton.

Yes I am denying that. All our fans are disgusted with the way Adkins was treated and wont forget him. But you have to move on. If the game v Everton had been an almighty demonstration against NC, that would have got through to the players. That's no good for anyone (except some of you lot evidently). No one could believe it when Pardew went in similar circumstances and look what happened there.

I'm interested to know who from our fans want NC to end up with egg on his face. What do they mean by that? Relegation? Sure about that are you?

All in all though, I'm fed up with the way football is going. We were nurturing for me a potential future England manager but that's just my opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes I am denying that. All our fans are disgusted with the way Adkins was treated and wont forget him. But you have to move on..

After one game you've moved on? Not a squeak of disapproval either. If you're disgusted you should let that arrogant twat Cortese know. However you are giving him the benefit of the doubt because of what happened after you sacked Pardew? f*** me you Saints fans really are something else...

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Adkins spent £30m over the summer and you were 3 points off relegation.

f***ing hell, it's amazing what getting harshly sacked can do for your reputation these days. He's turned into a Bob Paisley/Matt Busby hybrid.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not been on here for a while seeing as I really thought we were off your radar what with us being in different leagues.

And you just happened to glance at NSC on exactly the same day as a Saints thread popped up. Chinny reckon, you did.

You've been waiting for a Saints thread for ages hence the length of your somewhat rambling replies. You're the one obsessed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Would be surprised if he doesn't get a better offer than Huddersfield. If he's prepared to be patient, then I'd have thought a bigger club might take a punt.

OI!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Regular top 6 finishers. Never.

Have heard it all before from:
Blackburn - venkys
QPR - several sets of recent owners.
Sunderland - Short and Quinn
Villa - ONeill spending spree that couldn't be sustained.
West Ham - hot air from owners.

Empty words from Cortese.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
After one game you've moved on? Not a squeak of disapproval either. If you're disgusted you should let that arrogant twat Cortese know. However you are giving him the benefit of the doubt because of what happened after you sacked Pardew? f*** me you Saints fans really are something else...

Not a squeak of disapproval ? What ! How have you worked that out? The backlash was relentless by anyone Saints related. All I'm saying is that during the 90mins v Everton, you have to put that to one side if it improves the teams chances of winning.

If your chairman made a shocking decision you might hate it but you'd cut him some slack considering where you were when he came in. Same thing. I dont really like Cortese but in fairness he's probably better at running a club than me, and anyone on this board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports