Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cooking steak tonight and I always get it wrong

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Amazing no one really has mentioned the type of cut you have. I simply wouldn’t cook a sirloin the same as a ribeye or a fillet or a rump.

While many h e described cooking a sirloin on a hot pan ideally medium rare, you wouldn’t want to cook a rump in the same way which needs to be a bit slower to tenderise it and closer to medium.

A ribeye has a higher fat content than some cuts, so again benefits from slightly longer cooker to break those down.

You can’t just whack any old cut of steak in a pan and turn once and be done.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amazing no one really has mentioned the type of cut you have. I simply wouldn’t cook a sirloin the same as a ribeye or a fillet or a rump.

While many h e described cooking a sirloin on a hot pan ideally medium rare, you wouldn’t want to cook a rump in the same way which needs to be a bit slower to tenderise it and closer to medium.

A ribeye has a higher fat content than some cuts, so again benefits from slightly longer cooker to break those down.

You can’t just whack any old cut of steak in a pan and turn once and be done.
Spot on
For well done (for those that want their steak ruined 😂) I usually give it a quick flash in a hot pan then transfer to the oven to cook through
My own med/rare (ideally ribeye) gets a v high temp flash both sides then a few mins at a lower temp and a good rest

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just reverse seared a Tomahawk on the BBQ. Unreal

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here