Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Goldson and Duffy were both too good to sit on our bench for multiple years. Fair enough they wanted to play. I think top Championship level like Celtic and Rangers is a better fit than Prem though and they’ll have an easier time, more glory and similar money in the Monkey Tennis as opposed to the actual Championship. Too good for most sides in either league but that said I could see Duffy interesting Forest on a cut price deal to join the ex-Seagull mob there.

Really liked Goldson but understand when we had huge depth and promise at the position, that his health made him risky. Letting him go star elsewhere was a fair move all round after he’d put in some time covering for our starters. Any Prem team would be unlikely to pay large for him though and any small bids could be easily rejected by Rangers.

Duffy was a legend in a style that fit him. Looked like he didn’t suit where we wanted to go though. Sadly think the year he spent on the bench cost us a lot of income from a sale and him his form but who’s to say there would have been any big bids at the time we benched him anyway. Was pretty obvious our position on it and he did his job. The loan income wasn’t a bad deal especially given his form there but I think we just have to get him out to where he’ll play and off the books now. With respect and thanks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rangers win again, Goldson is just 4 points away from getting a winners medal.

FBF62241-A22D-493E-AA89-E9100C37F98D.png

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Watching Rangers beating Celtic on Sky, Goldson has been quality. Always in the right place, mopping up errors by his partners in defence.

What a season, so pleased it’s worked out for the lad.

Always liked Colin Goldstone :thumbsup:

If I remember correctly wasn't he Captain at Shrewsbury while still a teenager ? And I think it was his debut for Albion when he scored an OG early on in front of the North Stand. I noticed no player went to console him and he got straight back up and played really well for the rest of the game while still very young.

Strong character and pleased to see him doing so well.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

If I remember correctly wasn't he Captain at Shrewsbury while still a teenager ? And I think it was his debut for Albion when he scored an OG early on in front of the North Stand. I noticed no player went to console him and he got straight back up and played really well for the rest of the game while still very young.

And one of the best songs of any of our recent players.

Interestingly the man who effectively blocked his path to the first team, didn't make the bench for Celtic today.
Is he injured?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Overcoming the heart scare too, including psychologically, showing that character.

Interesting how Gerrard had noticed CG with us, in the main in Championship games, before he was Gers manager!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Conner Goodson,
Always believe in your soul,
You’ve got the power to know,
You’re indestructible,
Always believe in...

Conner Goodson

Loved him at the Albion. Glad he’s made the most of his career. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move back to the Prem.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Conner Goodson,
You’re indestructible,
Always believe in...

Conner Goodson

Loved him at the Albion. Glad he’s made the most of his career. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move back to the Prem.
How many centre backs do we want?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Conner Goodson,
You’re indestructible,
Always believe in...

Conner Goodson

To be honest I would.
Not that he isn't good enough.

He is vice-captain at Rangers, playing in a team that have just overcome 9 years in the shadows and being managed by Steven Gerrard.
He is winning trophies now and may well get to play in the Champions league (proper). He is only likely to be offered a premier league opportunity with teams fighting relegation.

He will be giving up the opportunity to play at the highest level he is likely to play at and medals, for the likelihood of one year's better money.
I'm not sure he is the type of player who would just switch for a better pay day.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To be honest I would.
Not that he isn't good enough.

He is vice-captain at Rangers, playing in a team that have just overcome 9 years in the shadows and being managed by Steven Gerrard.
He is winning trophies now and may well get to play in the Champions league (proper). He is only likely to be offered a premier league opportunity with teams fighting relegation.

He will be giving up the opportunity to play at the highest level he is likely to play at and medals, for the likelihood of one year's better money.
I'm not sure he is the type of player who would just switch for a better pay day.

There was a two page interview with him in The Times a few weeks back where he stated his PL ambition, which must have rubbed a few Rangers fans up the wrong way I imagine.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Conner Goodson,
You’re indestructible,
Always believe in...

Conner Goodson

Indeed, you loved him so much you can't even recall his (sur)name correctly [never mind spelling Connor with an "e" too]
Smacks of a one-night-stand to me ....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Indeed, you loved him so much you can't even recall his (sur)name correctly [never mind spelling Connor with an "e" too]
Smacks of a one-night-stand to me ....

😂😂😂 Fair play. I got a new phone and haven’t quite got to grips with the auto correct yet. No excuse for Connor though. That’s just me being a tard!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So happy for him today. Real class when he was with us. Would have loved to see him with us in the Premier League.

And :bowdown:for Leon Balogun too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Conor always looked a very talented defender here, just bad timing to be here when we were flat back four with Dunk and Duffy.

Still believe he would be a very solid Center back for another team in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here