Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
More likely to end up in Brighton than in Villa IMO

No chance. We've got 2 young centre backs playing on loan at Championship level and another in Serie A - Van Hecke particularly seems to be getting rave reviews. We're not going to take on a centre back who'll be turning 30 later this year instead of promoting one of our 3 loanees to the first team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No chance. We've got 2 young centre backs playing on loan at Championship level and another in Serie A - Van Hecke particularly seems to be getting rave reviews. We're not going to take on a centre back who'll be turning 30 later this year instead of promoting one of our 3 loanees to the first team.

Why is it that just because a player may once have played for the Albion, and was something of a fans favourite, that some people think they would automatically want to come back?

Popular he may of once been, but was never really a first team regular. We, and just importantly the player, have long since moved on.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Three Ex Albion in European finals then.

Hope WE actually get to one some day.

Having watched a few semi finals recently, the shit housery cheating and dodgy refs I'm not sure we ever will.

More to the point, not sure I'd want to watch!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Just like when we were in L1, and Bournemouth in the PL had our cast off pairing of Steve Cook and Tommy Elphick. Great job CG and LB now go on and win it!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just like when we were in L1, and Bournemouth in the PL had our cast off pairing of Steve Cook and Tommy Elphick. Great job CG and LB now go on and win it!

We weren’t in L1 at any time during Bournemouth’s stint in the PL.

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting game yesterday. A team with no history against a team with a long one, much of which is unpleasant Pleased for Conor and Leon though and it looks like it could be a very open final with a good chance of medals for them.

NSC viewer

Apr 26, 2022
Interesting game yesterday. A team with no history against a team with a long one, much of which is unpleasant Pleased for Conor and Leon though and it looks like it could be a very open final with a good chance of medals for them.

Have to reply to this, Rangers are only 10 years old so RB Leipzig were actually founded three years earlier

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Conor has looked very impressive against top European sides.

Other guy I like is Tavinier who seems a great leader, scores loads of goals for a full back and never misses penalties!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure if it's been mentioned but he just signed a new 4 year deal with Rangers. Thought he was going to leave but maybe there just wasn't enough interest from the PL.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think a lot of Rangers supporters didn't expect him to stay! Surprised he has stayed very much under te radar, at least outside Scotland. Most players in the SPL look on a move to the Championship as a big financial srtep up, but probably not so much the case for players aat Celtic or Rangers, so if newly promoted clubs to the PL are not taking a look, then Rangers is a good place for him.
European football, he likes the club, the fans like him, and his family are happy. Now he'll have secured a decent wedge to see him through to 33 - what's not to like for him?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure if it's been mentioned but he just signed a new 4 year deal with Rangers. Thought he was going to leave but maybe there just wasn't enough interest from the PL.

Wow! Good for him! Indestructable.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Goldson was a huge player for Gerrard so I'm surprised Villa didn't make him an offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here