Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson still injured?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we are this interested in Shane Duffy and reportedly have offered £3.5M, must assume Connor's injury is serious or we do not expect to be able to hang on to Lewis

Nothing to do with either I wouldn't think. Even with a fit Golson and Dunk, we simply need anoher central defender. Injuries, suspensions, and loss of form can take it's toll over a season, and I'm sure that Duffy would get plenty of playing time.

If he were to sign for us of course.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If Dunk is valued around 10 million plus then i feel 3.5 million probably wouldn't be enough to land Duff either. Both are of good age (24) and are rated highly

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dunk is contracted until 2020, Duffy until 2017. That affects prices.

That's true. Hasn't stopped us turning down offers of 4 million plus for Stephens though.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
wasn't jeff kendrick being chased by burnley...?? him and stevens are similar types......i would love it if we started the season with all the same players , i wouldn't mind seeing Dunk go for a decent fee as we all know the liabilities he presents but no doubt he has atoned for those by popping up with the odd goal here and there....he will mature into a great player i'm sure so a sell on and international fee will need to be arranged.......kendrick coming in to our current squad would just help us not get "out-muscled" as we have done in the past .....middlesboro spending big ...will they be looking to loan players out or off load ....stuani was mustard at this level ......we need 2 or 3 real quality signing to make a go of it this season ......this division gets tougher every year....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nothing to do with either I wouldn't think. Even with a fit Golson and Dunk, we simply need anoher central defender. Injuries, suspensions, and loss of form can take it's toll over a season, and I'm sure that Duffy would get plenty of playing time.

If he were to sign for us of course.

LOL.............mine too I would rather have won that than a holiday in Antiga...................... Connor will be a star this year and be worth mega bucks in a few years but don't hold yer breath for the start of the season

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
wasn't jeff kendrick being chased by burnley...?? him and stevens are similar types......i would love it if we started the season with all the same players , i wouldn't mind seeing Dunk go for a decent fee as we all know the liabilities he presents but no doubt he has atoned for those by popping up with the odd goal here and there....he will mature into a great player i'm sure so a sell on and international fee will need to be arranged.......kendrick coming in to our current squad would just help us not get "out-muscled" as we have done in the past .....middlesboro spending big ...will they be looking to loan players out or off load ....stuani was mustard at this level ......we need 2 or 3 real quality signing to make a go of it this season ......this division gets tougher every year....

Stuani can also play as a ST, should be worth bringing in on loan

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

And you suggest we sell one of our best players and our only fit CB!!??... you, sir, are a genius..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not. hopefully with Duffy, if the showing on the FL Show is anything to judge him by.

He's obviously had his head turned by the riches we offered...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here